|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Belated Fall 2010 TR - Part 1 of 3 - Shenandoah

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
cewillis

Tucson, az, usa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/31/11 09:12am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sure is pretty county. Thanks.

Cal

WayneAndPaulette

NW Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 07/31/11 09:22am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's been too long since we've been there. Thanks for the reminder of a beautiful place which isn't all that far from us. I love seeing the pics of the campgrounds too.

Paulette

Our travels

seldomseensmith

Flagstaff, AZ

View Profile

Posted: 07/31/11 09:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It sure looks like a great time to visit - not much in the way of crowds and still plenty of color. I really appreciate the time and effort you put into the report. Keep it coming!

The Road Goes Ever On

2008 F250 SD 4x4 Supercab, Detroit TrueTrac, Hellwig LP 35, 2006 Outfitter Caribou 6.5

5percent

N. San Diego County

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/31/11 09:53am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lovely pictures and narrative. This is a part of the country we haven't traveled as yet. Thanks for such a beautiful teaser.

06 Ford F-350 diesel DRW Crew Cab 4X4
06 Bigfoot 25C10.6

Clarryhill

Midcoast Maine

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/31/11 10:24am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Great shots, and at the most beautiful time of the year (IMHO). Many many thanks for allowing us to share the journey.

2014 Ford F450 PSD
2017 Lance 1172

Sheriffdoug

Western Australia

View Profile

Posted: 08/01/11 02:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gointhisway,
Great Pics and comment.
Sabconsulting & Sheriffdoug, would also like to thankyou for inclusion of metric measurement. I grew up as a kid with pounds & ounces, gallons & pints, shillings & pounds and inches & yards, we changed here in 1966, to metric, so i find i cant think in either unit of measurement, for example a jug of beer here is 2 pints or 1140ml, a middy glass is 285ml or 10oz. Carpets & Boats are still
feet. My boat is 12.42m or 38ft LOA(Length overall).
Here in the dry West(Western Australia),all of our Eucalyptus Trees, are not Deciduous.
[image]
Gumtree/Eucalyptus, in the background, tough for harsh dry local environment,
Koala's love thier leaf's.
Some people have ornamental deciduous trees in thier gardens here, but they are not native here, imported from England, New Zealand, and other places, many years ago.
Great arrays of colour, in your photo's, wish we were there! Thankyou.

2012 Ram 4x4 Crew Laramie LB 3500 HO Auto diesel
Eagle Cap 1160 Super Springs Big Wig Sway Bar Front Timbrens, Fastguns
RearCam SolarPnl Expdtion Shvel/Axe Kit
Thermopane Windows,, Dcted Heat & R/cycle aircon
Genset WoblStopprs

bka0721

Republic of Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 08/04/11 09:59am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GoinThisAway@ During the heat of the summer, this is a wonderful trip report to cool down with and enjoy the wonderful colors of a hardwood forest. We don’t see a lot of that, out west. I had set your TR aside, to the end of my AirCarde month to ensure I had enough data left to linger through all of your wonderful photos. I chuckle a bit on the Appalachian Trail comments, as I have backpacked along it in different places, myself. Thank you and to your wonderful DH for sharing your first Part and I agree, stopping is what is all about, and exploring. Thanks for the flower pics, as you will find out, I love seeing more of those too. I also love having links sprinkled in amongst the photos too, just to get some more information!

Come on now; don’t make us wait too long for Part II, as I make notations for a future visit to this area.

bryan

GoinThisAway

middle TN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/02/11 09:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dutchmen Sport – Sounds like you did get around quite a bit here in the east.

DiscoChicken – Maybe I’ll see you there in your new Adventurer sometime.

sleepy – We all have something to contribute to the forum. I’m just doin’ my part and learning a few things in the process.

jmtandem – Thanks. I take lots so some are bound to turn out OK.

sabconsulting – I definitely recommend coming in the fall if you visit the US east of the Mississippi.

weymard – Hey, I should have mentioned you in my comment on the metric units.

nycsteve – You could make Shenandoah on a 3-day weekend but you’d have to share it with a few more folks.

nypatnva – Yeah, filling the tank was pretty painful. It’s bad when the pump cuts off at $100 and the tank’s not even full.

floridacamping – Glad you enjoyed it. We’ll save some room for you in the back seat for Part 2.

cewillis – You’re welcome. Are you up for some history next?

WayneAndPaulette – We almost didn’t get a space at Sherando. Four of the five loops required reservations.

5percent – Hey, bring that Bigfoot east and we’ll give you the grand tour.

Clarryhill – I agree. Hope to catch fall in your neck of the woods someday.

seldomseensmith – Timing is everything to missing the crowds in the east – off peak and during the week. Keep your eyes peeled as I ran across something you’ll get a kick out of later in the trip.

Sheriffdoug – I just started reading a book “Road from Coorain” that is about a young woman growing up on a sheep farm in Western Australia. Very interesting country you have there. Your eucalyptus trees remind me of our sycamores except sycamores do lose their leaves.

B. BOOMER – And it’s another two million steps south to Springer Mountain, Georgia. Some folks start at the south end at the beginning of the summer and follow the season up to the northern end. Now that’s a LOONNNGGGG walk!

Butch50 – That would be pretty much the DH’s exact words. And I’ll have to give part credit to Whazoo for the animation as he helped me with some tips when I got stuck figuring it out.

2008 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 25C10.4
Torklift/Fastguns/Hellwig/StableLoads

B. BOOMER

lost somewhere in america

View Profile

Posted: 08/01/11 02:19am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"Hmmmm, only three million steps from here to the northern end atop Mount Katahdin in Maine. Do you think we have time for that, Dear?"

[emoticon][emoticon]

Honey, guess what - I found ANOTHER trip to add to our list. [emoticon]

Butch50

Fyffe, AL

View Profile

Posted: 08/01/11 08:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GoinThisAway wrote:

[image]

Hmmmm, only three million steps from here to the northern end atop Mount Katahdin in Maine. Do you think we have time for that, Dear?

Hubby's response. "Sure, I'll pick you up on the other end. I'll be waiting with the camper for you. Enjoy yourself."

Great pictures and your animation is pretty good, look out Whazoo someone is sneaking up on your posting pictures.

Thanks for taking us along on your trip and we are all ready for your next installment.

Butch

I try to always leave doubt to my ignorance rather than prove it

2021 Winnebago View

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Belated Fall 2010 TR - Part 1 of 3 - Shenandoah
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.