RV.Net Open Roads Forum: List of things to stock in new trailer....?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> List of things to stock in new trailer....?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
adVentureMan

Memphis, TN, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/05/02 10:02am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello Frank. I'd like to see your checklist. I have posted some on the link below, but I'm always looking for improvement.

Wow, 5 pages......you must be even more detail ordiented than I am!

Doug and Kathy
2008 Chevy 2500HD extended cab Duramax/Allison 4WD
2013 Cougar 327RES
"Nuestra casa con buena vistas"

Need RV Checklists?

PCMentor

29 Palms, CA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 10/04/02 03:17am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Can you post the list at the Yahoo Egroup Toyota-campers please?

shasta1

falconer,ny

View Profile

Posted: 10/04/02 08:03am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Congradulations on your new rv. You can find an excellent list of things to pack right here on the home page, just go up and click on Trailer life directory, on the left hand side is some different catagories. Click on checklists. After you get what you need from there, as soon as you get your new rig home, park it in the driveway and "live in it" for a few days, you will be close enough to home to get the extra things you need for your lifestyle. I agree with the other poster about the duct tape and wd-40, cant live with out it! One thing I have found out is, I never have enough towels. I didnt want to have to take alot of stuff from home and haul it back and forth all the time, so i bought the extra stuff at our local Dollar Store. Remember, you dont need to buy the full size as most of the stuff wont fit in your smaller drawers,etc. Have fun!

Mrs. Mik

Abbotsford, Wisconsin

View Profile

Posted: 10/04/02 10:10am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Don't forget when setting up, to get some of that grippy stuff to put in the cabinets. Holds stuff there like lead! No sliding around. Works GREAT!

Julie Mik

Mrs. Mik

Abbotsford, Wisconsin

View Profile

Posted: 10/04/02 10:12am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Oops, forgot to add this: I started out thinking I'll just remember to bring certain things with, because I use them at home all the time (think blow dryer and brushes, for instance). Well, sure enough, I forgot the blow dryer, which I can live without, but not without a BRUSH! A quick trip to Shopko and I now have a travel size blow dryer and extra brushes and combs in the TT! [emoticon]

Julie

BULLDOG

MA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 10/04/02 08:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just a thought:

Make a checklist of what you take out of the travel trailer at the end of the camping season, so you won't forget to replenish it again at the beginning of the next season. It makes the start of the camping season that much easier.
Happy Camping!!!

Paula

Paula and Dave
Buddy and Maggie - spoiled Cocker Spaniels
02 Sunline Solaris T260-SR
01 Ford Excursion 6.8L Triton V10 "flowmaster"

klewisd

West Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 10/04/02 09:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FrankJake: ONLY five pages? I just bought a new rig a couple of months ago, and while unloading all of the "stuff". I'm sure that if I cataloged it all it would take five pages on both sides! It's amazing how much our RV's hold! Just tell your wife to take care of stocking the kitchen/galley, bathroom, and bedroom like it was a new house. You then have the easy part....paying for it!
Happy Camping with your new rig

Keith & Elaine
2009 Monaco Montclair

mata2me2

San Francisco Bay Area

View Profile

Posted: 10/06/02 06:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Klewisd, when you get your rig loaded with the 5 or maybe 25 pages of *stuff* we cannot live without while camping mosey on down to the truck scales and weigh the rig. You might be surprised at how much of that *stuff* you really don't need to take with you [emoticon] I learned how to down size the volume of stuff after years of different types of camping from tents, tent trailers to MH and now a smaller TT.

My favorite food storage contraption is the 1 gallon ziplock bag. Anything and everything can be stored in them and when you use up the stuff you throw the bag away........no tupperware to wash or carry around with you. Just one example of my downsizing.........

Good luck and have fun!

--Kim

>

wgander

San Diego

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/07/02 10:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Spirit's got the right idea.
My wife had done a pretty good job of picking up small baskets/containers, toilet articles, and a supply of packaged foods. Then, we took off alone - no children or grandchildren invited - for the first three day outing. We had a pad and pencil on the kitchen counter. Everytime we thought of something we'd like to have, we wrote it down. Before our next outing, we added those items, but kept the paper and pencil handy, just in case.
We keep two changes of clothes, including socks and underwear, in the motor home. All we do to leave is pack a bag of ice cubes (to cool down the refrigerator, buy some milk and magazines, and go. I usually have enough gas, water, and LP for two days, so I can get more whenever wee're ready to take a break from driving.

2000 Four Winds Five Thousand 28A (1999 Chevy 3500), Master Tow Dolly, 2012 Scion xB TOAD

Alderman

Weston, Missouri, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/17/04 09:41am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have used all the check list sites mentioned before. Very Good Info! Every time we go out, I keep a running list of things needed on the fridge. I list items I wish I had; Items I do not use anymore; packing ideas. The bottom line is this, for my wife and I, camping is a evolving process. Find a check list that works for you and stick with it. Change the list as needed and have fun.

Cliff & Lynn Martha USMC, Both Retired
Coriander - Carin Terrier
Gunney - Miniture Schnauzer
Cedar Creek Silverback 29LRGBS 5th Wheel
Ford F-250SD 7.3 4X4 Diesel Tow Vehicle

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> List of things to stock in new trailer....?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.