|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> The Great Kid Escape

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Bubtoofat

SE Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/23/11 08:07am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What beautiful country. Makes me want to hop in the truck and head south.
Mike

2005 Chevy 2500HD Crew 4X4 6.0
2011 Northstar Adventurer
Hellwig Bigwig, Ride-Rites, Fastguns, KYB Monomax.

"No matter where I am, I can't help feeling I'm just a day away from where I want to be."
Jackson Browne

bka0721

Republic of Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 08/23/11 09:01am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks Kohldad and DW. What a wonderful getaway and without the kids too. Now you can compare Summer Vacations with your kids. Did you see that the Blue Ridge Parkway was the most visited National Park Site in the system with over 14 million visitors last year? Thanks again, but did the kids have as good a time as you two?

bryan

btggraphix

Golden, CO

View Profile

Posted: 08/23/11 09:28am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow - that was terrific! It's funny how us westerners post TR's making easterners jealous and want to head west, and you eastern guys post TR's making us want to go east. This country (continent actually)really has such tremendous variation in scenery, climate, culture and history you could spend many lifetimes without fully appreciating all it has to offer. Are we lucky or what?

Having grown up in southern Indiana and now living out here, the big thing I miss is the deep woods of the east.....thanks for sharing your neck of the woods with us!

2006 LanceMax 1191 - loaded and well-used
2005 C4500/Kodiak 4x4, GVWR 17,500

DiscoChicken

Lawrenceville, GA

View Profile

Posted: 08/23/11 10:04am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for sharing. Great pics.

Adventurer/Ford

kohldad

Goose Creek, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/23/11 10:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bigfootchevy - Have a fun and safe trip, make sure to post up at least one or two pics.

Camper_Jeff_&_Kelli, TexasShadow, SoCalDesertRider - Just trying to repay all of the other TR I read about.

sabconsulting - Definitely enjoy your reports from across the pond, a place I'll never make unless I win a big lottery.

iwon415 - I have rescued several hummingbirds over the years. Just wait til they get tired and land. With slow cautious moves, they will let you easily catch them without a struggle in the least. I've had them sit on my hands after opening for upwards of 5 minutes. This one flew before he was ready when I tried to remove the spider web. This is the last we saw of him:

[image]

weymard - thanks and you welcome

silversand - Always special when you can help out Mother Nature

Clarryhill - One day I hope to make it up to your beautiful area

Bubtoofat - Wait 2 more months and the leaves will be near their peak.

bka0721 - I'm sure we had a better time than the kids. First time I've been camping with the DW where she was the one asking "Are you sure you have to go back to work?" because she wants to spend another couple days on the road.

btggraphix - You are so absolutely right. One of the reason I write these reports is because all of the commments I get back make me really appreciate the beauty we have in my area. I often take it for granted and loose the appreciation because I've seen it all my life.

DiscoChicken - no problem neighbor. Hopefully it gives you some ideas for a quick getta-way. Maybe to run from Irene?

2015 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew Cab SRW 6.4 Hemi LB 3.73 (12.4 hand calc avg mpg after 92,000 miles with camper)
2004 Lance 815 (prev: 2004 FW 35'; 1994 TT 30'; Tents)

Nemo667

Louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 08/23/11 01:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the report and pics. Been a few years since we have been to the BRP...might be time for another trip and October is just around the corner. My favorite places were Sharptop Mountain and a restaurant that had the best fried chicken on the planet...cant remember where on the parkway that was now...

2007 F-350 SRW 6.0L CC SB 4X4
2006 Outfitter Apex 8, 220W Solar and 3 AGM's
2013 Jeep Rubicon

SpknTC

Pacific Northwest, Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 08/23/11 04:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow! Great pics! Always fun to tag-along...[emoticon]

Ford F450 6.7L PSD DRW 4X4
Arctic Fox 865

GoinThisAway

middle TN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/23/11 07:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That does look like some good trout and glad to hear the hummingbird departed under its own power [emoticon]

2008 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 25C10.4
Torklift/Fastguns/Hellwig/StableLoads

seldomseensmith

Flagstaff, AZ

View Profile

Posted: 08/24/11 10:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Man - did you luck out. The kids gone for a week (at no cost to you!) and the DW willing to hit the road for an outing. You are indeed a fortunate fellow. Thanks for taking the time to share your journey - it looked like a great time, and the Blue Ridge area is quite beautiful.

The Road Goes Ever On

2008 F250 SD 4x4 Supercab, Detroit TrueTrac, Hellwig LP 35, 2006 Outfitter Caribou 6.5

5percent

N. San Diego County

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/26/11 09:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Great report and great pictures. This is an area of the country that we haven't explored so thank you for sharing your trip. So many lovely places to experience - now the challenge is to live long enough to see them all. I need at least three more lifetimes!!

06 Ford F-350 diesel DRW Crew Cab 4X4
06 Bigfoot 25C10.6

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> The Great Kid Escape
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.