|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Another shower hose extension thread

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
76Scoutman

Huntsville, AL

View Profile

Posted: 10/10/11 08:56am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So the last trip out with our TC I realized just how short the outside shower hose was. We have pop up shower privy and it had to sit right beside the truck for the hose to reach. I remembered that there was a thread on here about making a longer one but I didn't want any splices in mine so I set off to lowes with my shower head in hand looking for a solution...

Here's what I came up with and I figured I'd share it and the picts with ya'll.

The output of my outside shower points straight up and I don't have much room for a straight fitting so I found a 90* PEX 1/2" barb to 1/2" female pipe thread FPT fitting. On the other end of the 3/8" ID fiber reinforced hose I put a PEX 1/2" barb to 1/2" female pipe thread FPT (straight fitting). This threaded right onto the shower head perfectly with no adapters and no splices. I used about 12' of hose but you could use more or less. If you don't like the RV shower then you could use a kitchen sink sprayer or many other items from the lawn and garden section. I just used regular hose clamps to secure everything. The fittings were $3-4 each and I have about $10 in hose so this is an easy $20 project if you use your outside shower for more than filling the dog's water bowl. :-)

[image]

[image]

[image]

And the finished product...
[image]

Reddog1

El Dorado, CA

View Profile

Posted: 10/10/11 09:05am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Very simple and straight forward.

I do not recall why, but I think the RV Shower head is designed differently than the standard shower dead or kitchen sink sprayer. Maybe someone that knows for sure will chime in.

Wayne

PapPappy

Wilmington, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/10/11 09:39am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I never thought of using the shower for filling the dogs bowl....thanks[emoticon]

Only kidding...great tip, and the pictures saved you a few thousands words![emoticon]

happy Camping[emoticon]

Bill & Claudia / DD Jenn / DS Chris / GS MJ
Dogs: Sophie, Abby, Brandy, Kahlie, Annie, Maggie, Tugger & Beau ">
RIP: Cookie, Foxy & Gidget @ Rainbow Bridge.">
2000 Winnebago "Minnie" 31C, Ford V-10
Purchased April 2008"> FMCA# F407293
The Pets

crazyhorse

peoria,az.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/10/11 09:07am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

great tip

76Scoutman

Huntsville, AL

View Profile

Posted: 10/10/11 09:38am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reddog1 wrote:

Very simple and straight forward.

I do not recall why, but I think the RV Shower head is designed differently than the standard shower dead or kitchen sink sprayer. Maybe someone that knows for sure will chime in.

Wayne

The back of the shower head had a cutoff that you rotate with your thumb for conserving water. If the flow is too low, I read on here that you can drill out the restrictor holes in the threaded base to get a 'firmer' shower stream.

The nice thing about the kitchen sink sprayer is that it probably consumes the least water cause you can't leave it on. But that could be a drawback as well.

BradW

Mayor of Flat Rock

View Profile

Posted: 10/10/11 11:41am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Great idea! Added to the TCU stickie Thread.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Another shower hose extension thread
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS