|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Wave 3 propane heater

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Next
Sponsored By:
kerry4951

East Central Pennsylvania

View Profile

Posted: 11/03/11 09:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thinking about installing an Olympian Wave 3 heater in the TC. Looking for some suggestions on its hook up. I have good access to the frig propane line inside the rear access panel. Was wondering if I could put in a "T" connection and run the frig and wave heater off that same supply line? I assume since these heaters require a regulator, the factory installed pressure regulator at the propane tank connections would be suffice. Correct me if Im wrong. Also, does the Wave 3 heaters come with any hose or connections? Any suggestions or advice from you experienced users would be appreciated. Thanks

2009 Silverado 3500 dually D/A, Supersprings, Stable Loads, Bilsteins, Hellwig Sway Bar.
2010 Arctic Fox 1140 DB, 220 watts solar, custom 4 in 1 "U" shaped dinette/couch, baseboard and Cat 3 heat, 2nd dinette TV, cabover headboard storage, 67 TC mods

narcodog

Georgia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/03/11 10:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

First they come with no hoses nor the feet.

I connected mine to the outside BBQ connection and ran the line into a cabinet with a quick disconnect.

AnEv942

CA

View Profile

Posted: 11/03/11 10:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I teed'd ours just before it went into stove. No extra regulator, just the campers regulated supply. I dont recall it coming with any fittings, possibly the flare fitting at heater but no lines etc.

01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page

Mello Mike

Mesa, AZ

View Profile

Posted: 11/03/11 11:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

kerry4951 wrote:

Thinking about installing an Olympian Wave 3 heater in the TC. Looking for some suggestions on its hook up. I have good access to the frig propane line inside the rear access panel. Was wondering if I could put in a "T" connection and run the frig and wave heater off that same supply line? I assume since these heaters require a regulator, the factory installed pressure regulator at the propane tank connections would be suffice. Correct me if Im wrong. Also, does the Wave 3 heaters come with any hose or connections? Any suggestions or advice from you experienced users would be appreciated. Thanks

Kerry,
The Olympian Wave 3 propane heaters are terrific. I had one in an Airstream I just sold. They throw off a tremendous amount of heat, but the heat radiates in only one direction. But since they use no battery power I think they're worth it.

For safety reasons I believe code prohibits the use of a propane T-connector inside the camper. To be safe I'd run a separate propane line to your Wave 3 with it's own cutoff valve.

Good luck!

2016 Northstar Laredo SC/240w Solar/2-6v Lifeline AGMs/Dometic CR110 DC Compressor Fridge
2013 Ram 3500 4x4/6.7L Cummins TD/3.42/Buckstop Bumper with Warn 16.5ti Winch/Big Wig Rear Sway Bar/Talons w/SS Fastguns
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.

garryk6

Kodiak, AK

View Profile

Posted: 11/03/11 11:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just finished installing one in my 1966 Avion TC. I bought the copper tubing at the local hardware store, with the fittings. I had a dual outlet barbecue regulator that I ran one to my stove and one end to my Wave 3. I am not aware of the code issue that Mike mentions above, but, the older rigs I have worked on had Copper lines with brass T's used throughout. I will have to hook up a T to my system when I add my Propane light back to the Camper. I hope that this helps!
Make sure you get the cover too, since any dust or dirt that gets on them contaminates the catalytic media.
Garry in AK

Garry K
Wife + 4 kids
Retired Military Family.... Alway's on the move....
2002 F350 CCSB 5.4 6spd 4x4 in AK
1966 Avion C-10 Truck Camper

DoneItAll

Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 11/04/11 02:24am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I set mine up the same as narcodog. Ran a line from the outside low pressure propane supply, up through the propane storage tank compartment and then into a cabinet housing my hot water heater. Terminated here with a quick connect. Attached a hose and quick connect to the Wave heater. Hook up and move it as desired during cold weather. Couldn't be happier with this setup. I've used it down to 5 degrees and it kept us warm enough.

John & Harriet on the beautiful Eastern Shore of Maryland
2008 F450 4X4 Crew Cab
2008 Lance 1191 w/220W solar

kerry4951

East Central Pennsylvania

View Profile

Posted: 11/04/11 07:23am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

woodhog wrote:

Do these heaters have some way to get rid of the exhaust fumes?

They claim you have to open a vent or two during operation but other that that there are no direct fume emissions with the heater, from what I understand.

woodhog

NS

View Profile

Posted: 11/04/11 06:26am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Do these heaters have some way to get rid of the exhaust fumes?

2004.5 Dodge 4x4 SRW Diesel, 245/70R19.5 Michelin XDS2, Bilstein Shocks
Torklift Stable loads, BD Steering Stabilizer Bar, Superchips "TOW" Programed,Rickson 19.5 wheels

2006 8.5 Northstar Arrow, 3 Batteries 200 Watts Solar,
12 Volt DC Fridge.

rockylarson

Jersey Shore

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/04/11 06:27am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Heaters & Install KitsI installed mine as you described, "T"ed off the refrig line outside. Ran the copper tubing that came with it thru several panels to the quick disconnect mounted on the wall, near the entrance, under the refrig. I added 12feet of flexible hose to the OEM hose attached to the swivel connection so that I would move it around the MH. The refrig propane line has no problem supplying both. (mine is a wave 6")

* This post was edited 11/04/11 06:38am by rockylarson *

2004 Allegro 30DA, Workhorse 8.1, Banks, 2003 CRV/2012 Jeep Liberty Jet, Blue Ox Aladdin, Brake Buddy Advantage Select, 300watts solar, 7 Optima group 31 AGM's, 2000watt Ames PSW inverter.

Decay

Allentown, Pa.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/04/11 06:42am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just installed a Wave 3 about a month ago. I used the propane line that would feed the genny as the source. Works well. You need to open a roof vent a bit and also another window 1/4 " or so. I also have purchased a second carbon monoxide detecter for piece of mind. You can never be too safe.

07 Dodge Dually Diesel 4wd
05 3319 Raptor
02 Lance 1121 with 96 Tracker/toad
84 VW Westie
08 Polaris RZR
02 HD FLHT Standard
05 KLR 650
1 Wife
2 Hounds

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Wave 3 propane heater
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS