RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: Jack extensions?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Jack extensions?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
~DJ~

Boise, Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/09/11 07:59am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not for duallies but for length. There should be a safe, sturdy way to lift higher than wobbly blocks. Preferably bolt on so off loading at camp would be easy with a lifted truck.

Any ideas?

Thanks......DJ

'16 FORD F250 6.2. Air Bags

'16 Arctic Fox 25R. Xantrex 2000 inverter/charger, four Trojan 6 volts, 450 watts solar.

Super_Dave

Harrisville, UT

View Profile

Posted: 11/09/11 08:38am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tube steel is sized such that most 1 up sizes slip nicely over the smaller size. You'd have to cut the foot off the existing jack leg. I'd think something like a hitch pin for easy on/off of the extension would be cool. Weld a 3" - 4" square base on the extention tube for a new foot and you're good to go.

I see you have a pop up, I've been told by friends that they are not suitable for camping in when off loaded due to inadequate floor structure. Is this something you've been doing successfully?

Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 2003 Jetcraft 2125 - Yamaha 150 HP & 8 HP Kicker

Decay

Allentown, Pa.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/09/11 08:46am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had my weldshop make me extensions. Same diameter plate top and bottom and 2" pipe. The rear are 8" long and the front are 6" long, bolted onto the existing bottom plate of the jack. I took a grinder with a cut off wheel and trimmed off about 1 1/2" on the front inside so the rear dual tire would clear when offloading and driving out from under the TC. Sorry, no pics. Hope this helps.

07 Dodge Dually Diesel 4wd
05 3319 Raptor
02 Lance 1121 with 96 Tracker/toad
84 VW Westie
08 Polaris RZR
02 HD FLHT Standard
05 KLR 650
1 Wife
2 Hounds

BeatCJ

Amboy, WA

View Profile

Posted: 11/09/11 09:07am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reico-Titan used to sell a 6" extension that bolted to the foot of their hydraulic jack. I looked quickly at their site, and don't see it right now. I would bet if you called them, the extensions are still available. I doubt they are the same as the jacks on your Northstar, but I bet it would be easy to modify them to fit. Of course, they are a simple length of tube that has a foot at either end, and they bolt to the existing foot with 3 cap screws. Pretty easy to have made.

Gordon
Now
2001 GMC 3500 DRW, Duramax
2002 ALJO 196LT
Old
1987 F-350 XLT Lariat SRW 6.9
1986 Western Wilderness Alpine Dinette 11

DonCurley

La Sal, Utah

View Profile

Posted: 11/09/11 09:40am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a set of four of the 6" bolt-on extenders from Happijac. They work really well for campers equipped with Happijac jacks on high-stance pickups with larger diameter tires.

[image]

-'07 Dodge 3500/QC/SB/SRW/4x4/6.7L CTD/6-spd auto/35" Toyo MT's/Ride-Rite air bags/RS9000XL shocks
-'07 Apex 8 fully optioned w/220W solar/2 T-145's/2KW Prosine/Honda EU2000i/Tundra fridge/AC/etc
-'00 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4x4, highly modified w/5.9L Magnum V8

AnEv942

CA

View Profile

Posted: 11/09/11 10:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]
Thats just too simple Don!
Mark

~DJ~

Boise, Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/09/11 12:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Super_Dave wrote:

Tube steel is sized such that most 1 up sizes slip nicely over the smaller size. You'd have to cut the foot off the existing jack leg. I'd think something like a hitch pin for easy on/off of the extension would be cool. Weld a 3" - 4" square base on the extention tube for a new foot and you're good to go.

I see you have a pop up, I've been told by friends that they are not suitable for camping in when off loaded due to inadequate floor structure. Is this something you've been doing successfully?

Definitely depends on the pop up. If you go to Northstar web site they have a video of maybe 12 guys standing in their pop up supported by the jacks only!!!

Other brands will obviously vary.

~DJ~

Boise, Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/09/11 12:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DonCurley wrote:

I have a set of four of the 6" bolt-on extenders from Happijac. They work really well for campers equipped with Happijac jacks on high-stance pickups with larger diameter tires.

[image]

That's what I need right there!!! If I get this used Sunlite I am looking at I will definitely need those. Probably just have a welding shop make me a set once I figure the length.

Thanks Don!!!!!!!!!!!! [emoticon]

dadwolf2

Henderson,NV

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/09/11 06:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DonCurley wrote:

[image]

X2 Bought mine from Torklift online store.

2005 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD,4X4,NV5600
2014 Adventurer 86FB

Droland

Fort Worth, Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/09/11 08:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Those are exactly what I need! Anybody got a link for those?

2010 Ford F250
2001 Lance Lite 815
2004 Glastron SX175

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Jack extensions?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS