RV.Net Open Roads Forum: 07+ Ford E450 Passenger Seat Swivel Base?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> 07+ Ford E450 Passenger Seat Swivel Base?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Ductape Dave

New Jersey, USA

View Profile

Posted: 12/22/11 07:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DonCarol, looking forward to your post. also let us know if the seat is easy to turn around. Dave

2016 Coachmen Clipper 17BH
2016 Toyota 4Runner SR5

pnichols

The Other California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/22/11 11:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Getting a swivel seat in even the passenger side of our 2005 E450 is only half the battle, as our 2005 Itasca's cab floor is about 4-5 inches lower than the coach floor (which as a result gives us larger outside basement storage cabinets).

So .... if we were to install a swivel seat on the passenger side and could get it to swing around to face the coach living area - we would be sitting lower than everyone else in the coach with our feet too much out in front of us.
What I'd like is a seat that both swivels and raises on it's pedestal ... to solve this.

I'm curious ... how many of you have Class C rigs with unequal height floors between the cab and coach? We even looked at a 24 foot Big Foot Class C once that had about 8 inches height difference between these two floors. Is different height floors in Class C rigs normal ... or unusual?

Phil, 2005 E450 Itasca Spirit 24V

Saint Augustine

Saint Augustine

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/23/11 05:24am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a 2009 Forest River Lexington and there is about a 4 inch difference between cab and living area. Cab area is lower. The Lexington has the E450.

Ductape Dave

New Jersey, USA

View Profile

Posted: 12/23/11 01:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My coach floor is about 3" higher, I wonder how the swivel pedestal works for these situations?

ron.dittmer

North-East Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 12/23/11 03:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ductape Dave wrote:

Thanks to all, sounds like swiveling the seat is more trouble than its worth.
I think it depends on the style of the seat, and also if the seat has a door-side outer armrest.

I admit ours too is a bit tricky to swivel 180 degrees, but once I recall the positioning process, it goes fine. Ours has no outer arm rest so I don't need to open the passenger door to make it happen.

We never swivel it when just the two of us given we have a 3rd captain seat inside the house portion. We swivel only when we have guests. During those rare times I am very happy it swivels. Well worth the money.

This picture was taken to demonstrate the 3rd captian seat, but you can get a good idea about the passenger seat. When swivelled, it does make for a nice ottoman for watching TV. But we never bother, using the dinette or driver seat instead for a foot rest.
[image]

2007 Phoenix Cruiser model 2350, with 2006 Jeep Liberty in-tow

pnichols

The Other California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/23/11 04:56pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ron,

How much lower is your cab floor than the coach floor?

Ductape Dave

New Jersey, USA

View Profile

Posted: 12/23/11 06:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks Ron, I too do not have the outer arm rest so I'm glad to hear that is a plus. I am leaning toward getting one being my MH doesn't have a barrel chair so it would be nice to have an extra seat. My only concern now is the height difference between the chassis floor and coach floor, will wait for feedback for the pros & cons.

ron.dittmer

North-East Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 12/23/11 07:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pnichols wrote:

Ron, How much lower is your cab floor than the coach floor?
I measured it just now. My Phoenix Cruiser's house floor is 2.75" higher than the cab floor.

Ductape Dave, if your height difference is like mine, I wouldn't be concerned. My knees on my 5'-11" body do get a little higher when my feet are tucked close to the seat, but I can't say it was ever uncomfortable.

The more popular Phoenix Cruiser model 2551 does not have a 3rd seat. Those owners take advantage of that swivel seat all the time for the reasons you stated.

This Phoenix Cruiser 2551 owner has the driver seat swivel too. I do wonder how he get's past the steering wheel. It is an E450 after all.
[image]

* This post was last edited 12/24/11 12:22am by ron.dittmer *   View edit history

DonCarol

Seekonk, MA

View Profile

Posted: 01/09/12 01:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Received our swivel seat pedestal from DV&T and had it installed in about 45 minutes. Only problem was the airbag connector. Had to drill a hole on the left side of the pedestal to run the wire for the connector through as the connector wire was too short and prevented the seat from turning 180 degrees. No rattles and it definitely provides additional seating in the coach. Seat swivels with no effort, it just has to be brought forward some while turning.

* This post was edited 01/09/12 03:29pm by DonCarol *

pnichols

The Other California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/09/12 04:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Don,

So ........ coach/cab floor heights mismatch was not an issue in your Class C?

(I'd sure like for someone to be able to point me to a link for an E450 passenger side swivel seat base that also has adjustable height so we could raise the seat about 4 inches after swiveling it backwards to face the coach area!)

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> 07+ Ford E450 Passenger Seat Swivel Base?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.