|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> South Lake Rv Park Knoxville,Tn

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
brighteyes818

New Britain, CT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/22/12 10:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi,

I read some of the reviews on rvparkreviews but was wondering if anyone else can pipe in from the local area to give me an idea of the general area,, I'm considering moving to the area and need a place to stay or park my TT, and I wanted to be close to Knoxville.
Here are my concerns,, Safety,, Flooding,,,Laundry (they said the washers and dryers were old), I'm open to other suggestions as well..
Thanks for your help.

kevinbti

st louis

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/22/12 01:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I know there is Weigel's Farm Store up the street for gas 1 mile or so and Kroger is 5 miles away A little closer is 4 corners market never been there so not sure what they sell

afob3

Maryville, TN

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/12 07:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

From the road it looks a little dumpy. Never actually driven through but I would be glad to sometime this week if you like.

As far as location, Maryville Pike kinda leads between the old side of Knoxville & Maryville. Not too much there but plenty close to main roads like Alcoa Hwy (129) & John Sevier Highway (168 IIRC) & the city.

Definately would get directions directly from the park instead of relying on a map. I use this route routinely when the main roads have a wreck. There are a few low railroad bridges that will not fit a RV under them.

2012 Koala 25DS
2011 F150 Ecoboost SuperCrew with Max Tow Package

www.familyobrien.net

brighteyes818

New Britain, CT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/24/12 07:51am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi, AFoB3 that would be great if you could just drive in, I'm really not looking for anything fancy,, I tow a 33'8 TT and need to know if it looks like they have sites to accomadate it,, Also reviews said, trash everywhere,no fire pits and junk everywhere and generally felt unsafe.(I hope they have cleaned it up).Would love to know what you think..Thanks so much

afob3

Maryville, TN

View Profile

Posted: 02/01/12 07:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I got a chance to drive through there today on the way home from work.

In a nutshell, the reviews on rvparkreviews are just about accurate. This is not a place you would head for vacation. It is rundown and primarily occupied by working folks this time of year.

Rates are 250 a week or 450 for the month and include electric, water, sewer, and cable.

The owner told me most of the slots are taken for roofers and contractors that followed last Spring's big tornado / hail storms.

I wouldn't mind staying here if it was just a place to crash. HOWEVER, I wouldn't take my family here. Being female, you might find that you are the only one there at night.

Gut reaction is that the only thing going for it is the proximity to downtown. I would be more comfortable commuting a longer distance for something nicer. Maybe some other local members have ideas. You might also check out http://www.volunteercampers.com for a more local perspective.

The closest other options are far west of Knoxville in Lenoir City or towards Sevier county. There may be options north of town but I don't know anything about them.

And for the pictures.... (cell phone pics in the rain from inside the car so forgive the quality) I also have a large campground map. It is too large for my home scanner but I may be able to reduce it at work & post later.

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]
This is loop A along the lake and generally set aside for overnighters.

[image]

[image]

Bird Freak

Dallas Ga.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/01/12 08:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I checked it out a couple of years ago and ran away!

Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

crawford

Dandridge Tenn.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/05/12 10:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I stay there a while ago while checking out the Knoxville civic center while not the highest grade we had the stayed in worse. My 2 Husky's was thinking they were in heaven ducks,rabbits,swans,you name it they were all over the place. The lake we were next to was nice. We never felt we were in any danger.

Change from a c class to a A class Georgetown 07 triple slide

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> South Lake Rv Park Knoxville,Tn
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS