|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Super C

> Calling all Road Warrior owners - RWS, RWT, RWM

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 29  
Next
Sponsored By:
smitty2

MA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/22/12 10:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Owners of Road Warrior Super C's have been posting on other threads and a few have mentioned it would be nice to have a place where owners of these units could post with other Road Warrior owners. Well - this is a start.

I'm Bob Smith. My wife, Debra, and I own a 2009 RWS3400 sitting on the usual C5500 chassis with the Duramax LMM and Alison Transmission. We hale from Billerica, MA. We purchased our unit from it's original owners in AZ back in September of 2010. After searching for this exact unit for a while, we got lucky and found a pristine rig from a family who took great care of it. They just didn't use it as much as they would have liked to and still had a TT they could use to go camping. So their decision to sell was great for us. With only 6000 miles on the clock and the like new condition, it was a great day for us to get this Warrior after months of research.

We've had a few minor issues, nothing that I couldn't handle, that made it a shame to think that attention to detail just wasn't a priority during the build. So, thats something we can all help each other out with. The minor wiring issues I've dealt with were all a matter of plugs being put into the wrong jacks (audio/video). Some simple additions to make the audio system more practical for MP3 or portable Sat radio use are items I can share with you. When i get the rig back in the spring I'll take some photos of the added jack for aux input on the house radio.

I say when we get it back because we currently have it resting at a center to have the interior seating redone. Out with the U shaped seating and in with the traditional drop down table with benches. It'll be more convenient for us as we have 4 kids and making that table another sleeping area will help. Also out with the J sofa and in with a Jackknife. Again, ease of use and larger sleeping area the concern there.

We also talked about adding an electrical outlet at the table. There's always a need to plug in a laptop or charges while sitting there.

There are more things we're looking at doing but the list is too long and we're not sure if it'll be cost prohibitive. So we'll wait a bit to mention them.

So - who are ya - where are ya - what have you found with your unit that may be an issue.

I know most are probably located more to the west. But let's see.

Bob & Debra, et al
09 Road Warrior RWS3400
Kodiak / Duramax

bbarbee

Glendale, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/23/12 08:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bob, there is a Yahoo group that has pictures, fixes, etc for the Super C motorhomes. The people there are very knowledgable and friendly. The group is located here:

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/KodiakChassisClassC/

Bob and Becky Barbee
2008 Seneca 34SS
2006 Colorado Crew Cab 4x4

magnusfide

On the Road Again and Again and Again...

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/12 08:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What's your mpg on that beastie? Niiiicccceee rig by the way

First law of science: don't spit into the wind.
Bacon is the duct tape of the kitchen.
Magnus

crasster

Dallas

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/12 08:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yeah I wonder the same about the MPG. Very curious.

4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

smitty2

MA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/23/12 04:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi Bob and Becky - yes I'm aware of that forum and am a member there as well. they do get into some good stuff there also. But I haven't found any other Warrior owners out there as I have here.

Magnus - ahhhh - wellll - ahhhh - how's 9.6 strike ya? I've run with and without a/c, on cruise / off cruise, windows open / closed, fully loaded / not, 55mph, 65mph, 75mph (and sometimes 80). She just doesn't change! So - it's a bit on the low side, as compared to my previous Jayco with the Triton, but I've accepted that for now. Maybe there's some tuning that can be done to maximize efficiency, but I've decided to wait to fiddle with that kind of stuff until my warranties have all expired. Thanks for the kudos by the way - she is a looker and we get compliments when we pull into any campground. It makes for a great conversation starter and opportunity to meet new friends (not to mention a swollen head!).

Crass - good for you dude. You're getting some hefty mileage out of your setup.

It is what it is. I didn't make my buying decision based on mpg. I knew it wasn't going to be good - she weighs over 22K after all. But the pulling power is there. The longevity of the Duramax is there. And the ammenities are fantastic. So - onward hoooooo..

pnichols

The Other California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/23/12 05:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gee...that's about what I get in my 24 foot E450 V10 "standard sized" Class C! I thought V10's were supposed to be gas-hogs as compared to diesels. [emoticon]

Nice rig you have there by the way. I believe they can also be delivered with four wheel drive by some builders.

Phil, 2005 E450 Itasca Spirit 24V

TheoWarrior

near durango Colorado

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/18/12 06:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for starting this thread Smitty!

I think replys will pick up come summertime camping season.

Thanks again

Gene in NE

Omaha

View Profile

Posted: 03/18/12 08:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For those interested in this thread, click on the "subscribe" link directly above this quick reply space. That will place a link into your "My Forums" page. That makes finding this topic so much easier.

2002 Trail-Lite Model 211-S w/5.7 Chevy (click View Profile)
Gene

XSSSIVE

Reno, NV

View Profile

Posted: 03/19/12 07:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Great to see a thread started on the Road Warriors.

I purchased my 2009 Road Warrior RWS (Duramax diesel) new in 2008. Love it.

To increase power and fuel mileage I chipped mine with a Bully Dog programmer. I think the programmer was $300. It gained me an additional 1 mile to the gallon with a noticeable improvement in power.

I had several issues when the unit was new. The dealer fixed everything. Sadly, the dealer failed 6 months after Weekend Warrior.

smitty2

MA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/01/12 07:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grat tip XS - thanks.
We finally decided on new flooring. We were going to go with a wood laminate but have changed our minds and are now going with a high quality vinyl laminate with snap lock closure called resista flooring. That and new seating going in. Getting rid of the u shaped dinette and switching to a traditional bench style for more sleeping area. Can't wait top it's done.

Once that's done and it's back I want to make a wiring change to the rear spotlights so I can switch them on from the drivers seat also. They come in handy for extra night vision while backing in. Currently have the wife getting up to turn them on. It'll be easier this way.

I'm still searching for a few things to add on. A good set of driving lights to place in those rectangular holes in the front bumper, a shelf kit to put up on the roof line near the visors, and a console to mount up at the bottom of the dash. When I find the right console I'm going to move the leveling system controller to the dash and get rid of the current console.

All on the to do list now - need to find of fabricate most.

You guys done any custom work at all?

Thanks for your interest/input!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 29  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Super C

> Calling all Road Warrior owners - RWS, RWT, RWM
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS