|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Super C

> Calling all Road Warrior owners - RWS, RWT, RWM

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 28  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
smitty2

MA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/01/12 09:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gene - thanks for the subscribe tip. I've done that and hope others do too.

Bob & Debra, et al
09 Road Warrior RWS3400
Kodiak / Duramax

FRED555

Show Low Arizona

View Profile

Posted: 06/23/12 06:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

smitty2 wrote:

Gene - thanks for the subscribe tip. I've done that and hope others do too.

Just bought a weekend warrior class C missing all manuals

If I paid you some $$$ any chance you copy yours for us?

My email address is fred555@aol.com

2004 DODGE DUALLY DIESEL

FRED555

Show Low Arizona

View Profile

Posted: 06/23/12 06:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

smitty2 wrote:

Grat tip XS - thanks.
We finally decided on new flooring. We were going to go with a wood laminate but have changed our minds and are now going with a high quality vinyl laminate with snap lock closure called resista flooring. That and new seating going in. Getting rid of the u shaped dinette and switching to a traditional bench style for more sleeping area. Can't wait top it's done.

Once that's done and it's back I want to make a wiring change to the rear spotlights so I can switch them on from the drivers seat also. They come in handy for extra night vision while backing in. Currently have the wife getting up to turn them on. It'll be easier this way.

I'm still searching for a few things to add on. A good set of driving lights to place in those rectangular holes in the front bumper, a shelf kit to put up on the roof line near the visors, and a console to mount up at the bottom of the dash. When I find the right console I'm going to move the leveling system controller to the dash and get rid of the current console.

All on the to do list now - need to find of fabricate most.

You guys done any custom work at all?

Thanks for your interest/input!

Just bought a 3400 toy hauler version has no manuals

If I paid you some $$$ would you make copy of yours?

My email address is fred555@aol.com

Thanks

Pat

Robb471

Vacaville, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 06/25/12 12:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Fred 555,

The manual WW provided with the RWT3400, at least mine, is useless. Their manuals generally are, but this was just a reprinted trailer manual. It's no real help with anything.

Is there something specific your looking for?

2009 Road Warrior RWT
2007 Polaris Outlaw 90
2007 Polaris RZR (Leaving soon)
2012 CanAm Renagade 1000Xxc (coming soon)
2012 Raptor 250 (coming soon)

TheoWarrior

near durango Colorado

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/25/12 04:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Has anyone seen this site yet? looks interesting

http://www.warriormfg.com/

it leads to the new site http://www.extremewarrior.com/

smitty2

MA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/10/12 02:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Pat - sorry for the delay - been away and heading out again next week. Replied to your pm.
Theo - yes I've seen it. Bought some replacement lights and stuff. I'm finding that those led rear lamps are cracking from age or heat or something. So I picked up a few before they go obsolete on us. Also too - the spot lamp bulbs being dual filaments are very hard to find. I thought the price was a bit high so I bought a std single filament at the auto parts store and wired it in. Doesn't have hi and low - but who really needs two to select from? Heck, low is high enough!

Heading for Ohio Friday. Cedar point, Columbus zoo, r&r hall of fame, and some good ol relaxation! Hope summer is treating you all well.

TheoWarrior

near durango Colorado

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/17/12 06:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Last week I noticed that one of my Slide out cables was fraying, so I hurredly ordered a replacment from "Amazon" of all places, much cheaper than some of the RV dealers. (Or from Weekend warrior)
I was interested to find that it is a "BAL Accuslide" I dont think my original unit came with the owners manuals for the slideouts.
Owners manuals, replacement directions etc can be found at site http://norcoind.com/bal/products/oem/accuslide/index.shtml.

The videos are great, and they recommend that you inspect your slideout cables to make sure the cables are not rubbing against the frame, just before it is in the in or out position. rubbing causes the cables to fray.

My cable was very frayed, and it was really hard to get it out to replace it with the new one.

smitty2

MA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/17/12 08:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow - sorry to hear you had to go through that but happy you found an alternate source for the replacement. Was it difficult to do?

Did I mention the issue I had with my awning? It decided it didn't want to retract durin our memorial weekend outing. Found the roller tube end cap towards the front is driven by the motor by a shaft drive. The shaft was a 3/4 circle with a flat spot. That slipped into the end cap and turns the entire tube to extend/retract. Well the matching hole in the end cap rounded out somehow. I called Care Free of Colorado and found it was covered by a 4 year warranty! Great customer service from them. You cannot get just the end cap, it comes as a motor/end cap assembly for over $300 if not covered. The new unit drive shaft and end cap now have TWO flat spots which I think will lessen the chance of future failure. Easy enough change over with or without help. Finding a dealer to order one for you might be a problem though on e they realize you're doing it yourself and all they're getting is the warranty part markup. If your unit is still within the 4 year warranty you may want to take care of it before it becomes a problem on the road. They didn't really verify warranty start date - kind of the honor system I guess - but they did want the info found on the tag located on the back of the front arm - visible when extended.

There's my tale of woe. All fixed and happy again. Away in Ohio now - back next week. Loving the new furniture and flooring! Makes sleeping six so much easier.

TheoWarrior

near durango Colorado

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/18/12 03:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The gear stripped on my awning last year and carefree paid to replace it.
Lesson learned - Dont leave the awning out if your not right there to put it back in. The wind detector does not always self retract in time to avoid damage.

TheoWarrior

near durango Colorado

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/18/12 03:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Replaceing your cables is really easy if you do it before the cable seriously frays, or breaks. That way you can use the old cable to pull/thread the new cable through the frame and pulleys.

If your replacing the cable after breakage or serious fraying..you will end up "fishing" the cable through the slideout frame, pulleys, etc....it was very hard to do, but not impossible.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 28  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Super C

> Calling all Road Warrior owners - RWS, RWT, RWM
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS