|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Setting out on maiden voyage in the morning

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Oldtymeflyr

Littleton, CO

View Profile

Posted: 01/30/12 08:20am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You have a good trip planed.

My suggestion is to consider southern Utah on the way back. First it doesn't get much snow to begin with, if any and if there is any, in a couple of months it will be all gone. Going to southern Utah in the summer is to experience very hot temperatures.

You might want to see if you can pull up on this forum some pictures of Wazoo's Utah trip of maybe a year or two ago. It was a winter trip if I recall correctly.

Have a good trip.

Rick

Heygrrl

So Cal

View Profile

Posted: 01/30/12 02:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow, great itinerary! Let me know when you get to San Diego, you can boondock in my driveway. I'm located right near the city, and have an extra bed and bath in case you want to air out your rig by then...

moon

ms. moon

Monaco Montclair

Virginia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/30/12 02:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Safe travels. And don't forget two things----w-d 40----and duck tape. Happy camping

1stgenfarmboy

Southern tip of ILL

View Profile

Posted: 01/30/12 03:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I will pray you have safe travels.

be careful, and have fun.

Darwin

1993 Dodge cummins crankin out some torque,
2003 Lance 1071 loaded to the hilt

BobTowne

Fairfield, CA, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/30/12 04:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looks like a great trip. Stay safe and have fun.

GreatWhite
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 Quadcab Dually
2004 Alpenlite Santa Fe 1150

Annio

Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 02/09/12 07:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Monaco Montclair wrote:

Safe travels. And don't forget two things----w-d 40----and duck tape. Happy camping

Too funny! but valuable info. So many things have gone wrong. The first week we were almost ready to go home and sell the AF Lol. Things are settling out now tho. I don't have time to post the entire list of of things that went wrong right now. But a few days ago we did take the jensen antenna off with one of those beautiful Mississippi old oak limbs We have yet to find a replacement. Of course it was pouring rain. We had to stuff the hole with plastic, dry the roof area all off and duck tape it.......forgot it at home. Today we were adding an elbow,and seal to the end of the drain hose and couldn't find the w-d 40 I brought......used petrolium jelly instead. Great advice tho. Thanks! After tomorrow we will have wifi instead of pay as u go so I'll post some updates of our missadventures. Nothing serious. All small but frequent

Ann / Keith
If you see 2 people looking dazed and confused, fumbling through an armload of manuals, that will be us

Life does begin after 50!
2012 Lariat, F350, Super Duty, Dually. 2012 Arctic Fox 1150

Annio

Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 02/09/12 07:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Heygrrl wrote:

Wow, great itinerary! Let me know when you get to San Diego, you can boondock in my driveway. I'm located right near the city, and have an extra bed and bath in case you want to air out your rig by then...

moon

Great offer! Thanks Moon.

Silvergray49

N. California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/09/12 08:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Don't miss Carlsbad Caverns National Park in New Mexico. Stay in RV park in White City. Very basic but very close. It is self guided. Not to be missed if you have not been there. Sooo Beautiful.

Steelhog

Harvest, AL

View Profile

Posted: 02/09/12 09:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Be very selective about where you stay around Memphis. Except for sight seeing avoid downtown, south (near airport)and West Memphis. As of a year or so ago the area around Graceland could be sketchy as well. Germantown is probably OK. Alot of Walmarts in the south are not in very nice parts of town. Travel safe.

Annio

Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 02/10/12 06:27am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Steelhog wrote:

Be very selective about where you stay around Memphis. Except for sight seeing avoid downtownAlot of Walmarts in the south are not in very nice parts of town. Travel safe.

We left Memphis completely....actually ran lol
The rv park we left pointed us to the better walmart on the west side of town. There are actually 2 new shopping areas off of hiway 55. I think the second one is actually just inside Mississippi but there was no state sign that we past.

Silvergray. We have Carlsbad Caverns on our list of things to see.Dependant on weather when we get that way.

Thanks everyone for you well wishes.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Setting out on maiden voyage in the morning
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS