|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> RV Park near Magic Mountain

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
LongWeekends

Scottsdale, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/16/12 08:28am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey all,

We are heading to Magic Mountain in March and are looking for recommendations on nice RV parks. It is always so hard to tell from online reviews because often times people that have bad experiences tend to post their reviews more often.

I looked at Malibu Beach RV Park. It looks awesome but there is review after review about how terrible the staff is etc. Their website

Any other places you guys might recommend that keep us an hour or less from Magic Mountain? We tend to like the nicer parks with all the amenities. We save the camping for when we take the tent :-)

Thanks in advance!

Michael
Just me, my wife, our daughter and our two big, hairy Goldens.
2004 Coachmen Cross Country
370DS - 300HP - 2 Slides

Ed9824v

Agua Dulce, Calif. 70 mi S.E. of Los Angeles

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/16/12 08:39am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There is a rv campground just down the road on the 126 hwy. haven't been there in many years too close to where I live. I was nice at the time went there with the camping club at work.

Ed So.Calif
1950 Ford F1 street rod
1968 Baha Bug with 2.2 ecotec motor 170 hp, kingcoil
2000 National Sea Breeze 5th wheel trailer
1998.5 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins,4.10 gears,turbo,trans,injectors,oil cooler,lockers,edge EZ, 35" BFG's, air dog lift pump etc.

polly sue

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/12 08:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We stayed at the one on Hwy 126, Valencia Travel Village, a year ago and it was very nice. It's convenient to Valencia and shopping, as well as to Magic Mtn. The park has a nice separate area for transient visitors. Their long-term sites are on the opposite side of the park and are more crammed together. People were VERY nice. Had a huge wind storm while we were there and a large portion of a tree fell nearby. No one and nothing was harmed, but it got our attention. Noticed that that tree was the only one that seemed to be vulnerable, so we didn't worry.

SooperDaddy

Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/12 11:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lake Piru!

My posts shouldn't be taken for factual data, and are purely fictional, for entertainment purposes, should not be constituted as related to scientific, technical, engineering, legal, religious, spiritual, or practical advice. After all it's FREE! Amen.

steveownby

Cosby, TN

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/12 11:00am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Also stayed in Valencia Travel Vellage in Oct of 2010. It's not a high end country club resort but certainly not a campground. I would certainly stay again. Ten minutes from Magic Mtn.

Steve Ownby
2003 Monaco Signature

Full-time since 2007

kalynzoo

Los Angeles , California

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/12 11:40am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I drive by Valencia Travel Village regularly, as it is close to my kids. Lovely grassy RV park. Good location, low noise, nice place to base camp for the Los Angeles area. It is almost adjacent to the back of Magic Mountain, and only a short drive to the front gate, but far to distant to walk.
Another choice in the area is Lake Castaic RV park. Although in the lake area it is not on the water and there is no water access without driving. But, it is just up the road and across the highway from Magic Mountain. No more than 10 minutes. The Malibu park is across the city from Magic Mountain, on the coast, but on the wrong side of Pacific Coast Highway. It would be a good hour and a half drive to Magic Mountain on a good day without much traffic. During Rush Hour allow 2 hours or more.

kalynzoo

Los Angeles , California

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/12 12:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lake Piru works too, however it is a bit farther from Magic Mountain and not real central to anything. Another thought for a distant by not too distant campgound would be Ventura RV park. A really lovely park, backs up to a busy freeway, so you have to sign that you know there is freeway noise. A short walk, about a quarter mile, to the beach. Right in the city of Ventura, so there is much to see and do. Looking at the Piru map above, it would be a 30 minute, maybe 45 minute, drive up the 126 to Magic Mountain.
My choice would still be Valencia RV Travel Village or Castaic, just for the location based on your post.

tahiti16

Camarillo, CA

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/12 03:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Travel Village is just around the corner from MM. It was a membership campground through the 80's and 90's but is public again now. It looks like they are taking care of it and it is a large park. We haven't stayed there in years, when the kids were little it was nice to spend the night after going to MM there instead of the drive home!

Ray, Cheryl & of course Miss Molly the four-legged child

2006 Dolphin 36' F53 V10 5 speed auto 2 slides 7.5 KW genset

LongWeekends

Scottsdale, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/16/12 06:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for all the suggestions so far!

royST

ann arbor

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/12 07:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We stayed at Los Alamos Campground a few summers back. It's about 20 miles from Magic Mountain. The staff here was really nice so you don't have to worry about any rude staff during your stay. It's also close to Pyramid Lake, which was a really nice place to relax and go fishing after a really hectic day at Magic Mountain.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> RV Park near Magic Mountain
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS