|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> 2011 Fall trip - Tennessee to New Mexico - Part 1 of 2

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
spacedoutbob

SF Bay Area

View Profile

Posted: 04/29/12 05:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Great Trip report and Photos! Thanks for posting. I have never been to that part of New Mexico before. Now I will put it on my list of visit.

Bob in Calif.

Good Sam Club Life Member

GoinThisAway

middle TN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/29/12 07:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tiger4xrRV – This was the fourth time I’d been through that area but was the first time I’d stopped for more than just a few hours. I’m glad we did!

Bigfootchevy – Most of the pictures are mine but the DM caught some good ones that she let me share so I’ll share your comment with her.

c.traveler2 – Nothing daring like some of your outings but I agree … it was a nice trip.

weymard – Wow, can’t believe you tore yourself away from your new rig long enough to go through my trip report [emoticon] Or are you sitting in it surfing on a laptop?

lots2seeinmyrv – Yes, it was a nice trip. The second week was just as interesting as the first so stop back in and take a peek at Part 2 in a while.

SRT – I had the DH count up how many times he’s made the climb up the Tooth. He did it 7 of the 9 times he’s been to Philmont, all 7 times he was scoutmaster. The only 2 times he missed it was when he did the Autumn Adventure for adults. Must be something special to tackle it that many times

sabconsulting – Well, glad to fill you in on some of what you missed then. I’ll try not to keep you waiting for Part 2 too long.

Steeljag – You’re welcome. Nice of you to stop in and visit.

Sleepy – So you’re going to keep closer to home this trip. You’ll save a lot of gas and still have some beautiful scenery to enjoy based on the photos you’ve posted. Don’t guess I’m going on any long trips any time soon [emoticon]

Spacedoutbob – Looking at the map one would think northeast New Mexico doesn’t have much to offer. It’s not chock full of parks or anything but it does have some beautiful areas and interesting sites.

2008 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 25C10.4
Torklift/Fastguns/Hellwig/StableLoads

kohldad

Goose Creek, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/30/12 06:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I only make the climb if you hand me the camera once I get to the top. Looking forward to both part 2 but better yet, making a trip with you in the fall.

2015 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew Cab SRW 6.4 Hemi LB 3.73 (12.4 hand calc avg mpg after 92,000 miles with camper)
2004 Lance 815 (prev: 2004 FW 35'; 1994 TT 30'; Tents)

silversand

Montreal

View Profile

Posted: 04/30/12 07:37am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

after days of issues getting onto RVnet, finally, am able to reply/read:

....love that library (and, especially, the book shelves design) ! I'm building something similar (ceiling-to-floor: 60 linear feet of shelving)) in the same theme for our 1st floor library...

Excellent trip report!

We've had relatives in from New Mexico staying here at our mountain home in Quebec for a week (they just returned home yesterday); we will not delay too long a trip to Pecos/Santa Fe/coming in from Raton (one of our favorite regions) !

Many thanks, and cheers!

S-

Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

bka0721

Republic of Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 04/30/12 10:55am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It is always a treat to follow along with you and your DH, DD and DM as you explore the west, whether vintage or contemporary. I certainly looked over your great photos and followed and investigated the links you provided. You might recall we had talked about Philmont Ranch, last year, and I even mentioned it in my recent trip report. This area, of Northern New Mexico, has such history and interesting landscape and your thorough report only stoked my interest more and the need to return. Thanks and will look forward to your further postings.

b

08 F550-4X4-CC-6.4L Dsl-206"WB GVWR17,950#
09 Lance 1191
1,560wSolar~10-6vGC2-1,160AmpH~Tri-Star-Two(2)60/MPPT~Xantrex 2000W
300wSolar~2-6vAGM-300AmpH~Tri-Star45/MPPT~Xantrex 1500W
16 BMW R1200GSW Adventure
16 KTM 500 EXC
06 Honda CRF450X
09 Haulmark Trlr

nycsteve

NY

View Profile

Posted: 04/30/12 05:21am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the great report and pics.

GoinThisAway

middle TN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/02/12 07:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, I've been trying for two days to thank you for your comments but by the time I get individual responses typed it tells me the connection has been lost when I hit the "Post Message" button. So here's hoping a quick "Thank you!" will make it through.

whazoo

Idahome

View Profile

Posted: 05/02/12 08:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Oh heck, another grand trip report from the vintage era. Funny, it looks just like yesterday to me. You do have me buffaloed with your pictures, as I feel the need to see part 2. Hopefully it will be before "vintage" turns to "ancient." Come on now, don't keep us waiting too much longer.

bka0721

Republic of Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 05/02/12 07:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I understand about posting as I am unable to update my recent trip report. The server keeps kicking me out.

b

Camper_Jeff_&_Kelli

Seattle

View Profile

Posted: 04/30/12 11:56pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nicly done report. Enjoyed all your information about these places. Looking forward to part 2.

Camper Jeff and Kelli's Blog!
CITAP1 Jeff's YouTube Channel
A CLOSED MOUTH GATHERS NO FEET!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> 2011 Fall trip - Tennessee to New Mexico - Part 1 of 2
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.