RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Buying a Former Rental Class C. How many of us out there?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Buying a Former Rental Class C. How many of us out there?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 101  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal 90713

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/07/16 06:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Welcome MtnBikeMarty to the Former Rental Club! You are #75 on the list. [emoticon]

An Awning is one of the first things I put on mine,a nice addition and from the location in your profile it will come in handy.

After you get your new to you RV the way you want it c'mon back and tell us how everything is going!

2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental

Buying A Rental Class C

Chevrolet Based Class C

Photomike

Southern Alberta or where the camper is parked!

View Profile

Posted: 10/09/16 11:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well I guess I am the next one on the list.

I bought a 2011 Majestic 19G from Cruise Canada, same as Cruise America.

So far I am a happy camper (pun intended). I was VERY impressed with the build quality, NOT so impressed with the salesperson. Can you say lack of person skills, lack of product knowledge and VERY disorganized!!!

Made an appointment to look at the RV almost two weeks before hand. It had to go through a out of province inspection first, then a detailing and when I showed up no detailing was done. In fact there was still all the dishes and camping supplies in the RV, which he left as it was too much work to get them out. We told him about somethings we wanted done before I would get the cheque and he got them done with a minute to spare but I know he did NO extra!

Then when I asked him things like how many watts was the solar panel was he said small, and when I asked about a vent in the bathroom and how to open it he said it was always open (in fact you have to push up but I could not get it to move as it was so stiff).

I am VERY glad that I had an RV before this as that was the extent of the knowledge that he had to share and if I did not know things already like where to find the hot water tank bypass, or that it would have a hose connection for winterizing I would never of known to look for them. I got it off the lot and went through adjusting and checking things out as he was NO HELP AT ALL!! That being said he is not the only sales person that I have run into that has had ZERO knowledge on the product that they sold. One other salesperson at another dealer told me that if I wanted the window to stay closed while driving that I would need to cut a stick to make it stay as the window latches actually were not to hold the window closed [emoticon]

My plan is at the price I got it for is to invest some more money into fixing it up to what I want and be happy. I have enough in the bank to do a major repair if need be, but I am hoping the warranty is going to look after anything big on the engine and transmission if it comes up in the next year.

So far an alignment and re-packed wheel bearings and a burnt out bulb has been all that my mechanic could find.

For me new foam in the bed, carpet and a few small things have been done to help make it more like home.

In the near future storm windows and a spice rack and towel bar are next on the list. I guess they don't figure tourists use towels [emoticon]

[image]

2017 Ford Transit
EVO Electric bike
Advanced Elements Kayaks

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal 90713

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/11/16 02:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Photomike,welcome to the Former Rental Club! Duly noted you are #76 [emoticon]

Thanks for the write up on your experience with your purchase,I found the same thing when I looked at Cruise America,they didn't know much and didn't seem to care.

It sounds like you have started to make it your own with the mods you have done and what you have planed,good luck.

The 19G was discussed on page # 38 on this thread,it may be of help to you. Click here for that

Good Luck and have fun,after a few trips tell us how everything is going.

* This post was edited 07/27/17 03:15pm by IAMICHABOD *

Photomike

Southern Alberta or where the camper is parked!

View Profile

Posted: 10/11/16 03:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

IAMICHABOD wrote:

Photomike,welcome to the Former Rental Club! Duly noted you are #76 [emoticon]

Thanks for the write up on your experience with your purchase,I found the same thing when I looked at Cruise America,they didn't know much and didn't seem to care.

It sounds like you have started to make it your own with the mods you have done and what you have planed,good luck.

The 19G was discussed on page # 38 on this thread,it may be of help to you. Click here for that

Good Luck and have fun,after a few trips tell us how everything is going.

Yup agree with everything that is written about them. For me I am not really a camper, in fact I think I have decided that I HATE CAMPING :-), I use the RV as a mobile office, kitchen, storage but hate sitting around soaking up the sun! Since I love exploring dumping tanks everyday is not a big deal as I am usually moving everyday.

The fuel tanks seem fine to me for the MPG that I am getting but will do my usual when at 3/4 start looking and when at a half refuel when I am in the mountains. Plus if I am really putting in the miles I carry a extra tank or 2. The rear bumper on this thing is crazy well built so I am thinking of mounting a couple gas tanks there.

The bed is interesting - you could have two people sleep in it but it is tight with the shape of the nose. Most times it is just me so not a huge deal.

Hopefully heading out to shoot some Northern Lights and stars this weeks so will see how things shake down for shooting!

MtnBikeMarty

phoenix, az

View Profile

Posted: 10/16/16 09:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Number 75 here, just took delivery of my Cruise America (Thor/Four Winds) 2011 27G and loving it.

Did a thorough inspection last Wednesday, Dave and Wayne at CA Mesa got the list of findings fixed on Thursday and I got it Friday. The inspection found: both batteries low to dead status, 6" crack in roof sealant, broken kitchen window latch, broken dip stick, and Velcro stitching broken on one window curtain. All were fixed and/or replaced.

Couldn't be happy with Dave and Wayne's help through the sale. I decided to not get their awning, since I wanted to see if I could go longer one than the 16 footer they had and one that has a protective cover when closed.

Will be adding a backup camera soon and probably a tire pressure monitoring system. Then going for the inaugural shakedown camping trip next weekend at a nearby Maricopa county park and do some mountain biking now that weather in Phoenix is cooler.

Happy trails....

MtnBikeMarty

phoenix, az

View Profile

Posted: 10/16/16 09:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MtnBikeMarty wrote:

Number 75 here, just took delivery of my Cruise America (Thor/Four Winds) 2011 27G and loving it.

Did a thorough inspection last Wednesday, Dave and Wayne at CA Mesa got the list of findings fixed on Thursday and I got it Friday. The inspection found: both batteries low to dead status, 6" crack in roof sealant, broken kitchen window latch, broken dip stick, and Velcro stitching broken on one window curtain. All were fixed and/or replaced.

Couldn't be happy with Dave and Wayne's help through the sale. I decided to not get their awning, since I wanted to see if I could go longer one than the 16 footer they had and one that has a protective cover when closed.

Will be adding a backup camera soon and probably a tire pressure monitoring system. Then going for the inaugural shakedown camping trip next weekend at a nearby Maricopa county park and do some mountain biking now that weather in Phoenix is cooler.

Happy trails....

[image]

MtnBikeMarty

phoenix, az

View Profile

Posted: 10/16/16 09:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm trying to attach a picture of it, but not having much luck :-(

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal 90713

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/16/16 10:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Try this This Link to post your picture

MtnBikeMarty

phoenix, az

View Profile

Posted: 10/17/16 07:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

IAMICHABOD wrote:

Try this This Link to post your picture

Thanks! That made it much easier.
[image][/img]

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal 90713

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/17/16 07:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lets try this,sometimes it is a bit quirky

[image]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 101  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Buying a Former Rental Class C. How many of us out there?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS