RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Buying a Former Rental Class C. How many of us out there?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Buying a Former Rental Class C. How many of us out there?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 103  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Majestic31

Pa.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/21/19 09:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Has anyone installed coil spring helper on Majestic 28a. What part number , and was it worth it. Already installed front and rear sumo springs Bump stop. installed rear full sumo's on rear # ssr-106-47-1
Rear bump stop SSR-107-54 Front Bump stop # SSF-106-47. Installed HD Bilstein Shocks FRont 187570 Rear 176857 also installed Roadmaster Reflex Steering Stabilizer for Class C Motorhomes

* This post was last edited 04/21/19 10:16am by Majestic31 *   View edit history

cencerrita

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/23/19 01:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

I sold the Majestic 19G today. I loved the unit. I have to say better built than 90% of the other units on the road. EVEN after being used as a rental it was in better shape then most of the newer ones that are hardly used.

Hi Sadly we are on our last trip with our 27G ex cruise america up Highway 1 to Seattle where we need to sell before going to Europe.
Any advice from anyone about where to sell in the Seattle area. Things like Craigs List will not work as we do not have a home there and boondock most of the time. We have a great unit at 106000 miles with so many extras and fully kitted out for anyone.
thanks
Alan

The kids think we have it made living in Andalucia, but having a great time in our RV in America.

path1

Varies with weather

View Profile

Posted: 04/25/19 05:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Look up camping world in Tacoma
About 1 mile north on same road there are lots of consignment places. If that helps? Should see lots of RV places on google maps...look like toasters from the air. Might give them a call.

Did you make blog of your travels, if so post link.

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal 90713

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/25/19 10:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It is sad to hear that you are leaving,your posts in this thread have been helpful to others I am sure. Good luck on your next adventures,may the next owner have as much fun and see all of this country that you have and enjoy the ownership of a Former Rental.

Path1 may have the right idea,a consignment lot may be the way to go, here is a LIST of dealers near Seattle,you might give them a call and see what they can do for you.

Hears to many new adventures,CHEERS [emoticon]

2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental

Buying A Rental Class C

Chevrolet Based Class C

cencerrita

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/26/19 04:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for all the help, just managed to get wi fio again. Great list

Alan

byron/pa

PA

View Profile

Posted: 05/17/19 09:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow - Thanks to all who posted in this thread. Lots of really good info here.

Just got done reading all 100 pages over the course of the past five days and all I can say is what I already said.

I may, or may not, be looking at a 23A from CA, VA location in the near future. If that happens, I'll have a few more questions. But most of them have already been answered, you guys are the bestest.

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal 90713

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/18/19 10:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

byron/pa Wow read all 100 pages,good for you,that is great.

Welcome to the Forum,it is really nice of you to compliment the other members that have contributed to this thread.

The whole idea of this thread was to gather information and share it with others that have or are thinking about getting a Former Rental.

If there are any questions you may have please ask there are a lot of helpful members that follow this thread and I have some other info that at times might be of help.

Good luck in your quest for that RV that will suit your needs and will make you happy.
We are the bestest![image]

Canuck_Hauler

Edmonton

View Profile

Posted: 05/22/19 11:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi All,

Just a quick update on my Cruise Canada Majestic 28a (Unit #99) [emoticon] I bought in the spring of 2018.

We sold our Cummins Diesel truck and 5th wheel and after lots of research flew in to Calgary and picked out this CA Majestic 28a out of 13 units with 100,000 miles on the clock. The dealer was great and happily fixed up all the issues we noticed on the first walk through and some that we didn't find. They did a truly spectacular job on reconditioning it. As part of the deal, they threw in a 16 foot manual awning for zero extra charge and paid for my flight, bonus !!

We got her home and removed all the fabric pieces and washed them all up along with the upholstery covers. ahh much better! We also ripped out the mattress and rugged cover and sold it on Kijiji for $100 and purchased a memory foam RV Mattress from Wayfair for a great deal, cool. While I was at the bedroom end I installed an additional AC Outlet on the RH side of the bed as it only had one on the LH side and one of us uses a CPAP and needed the extra outlet. The bedroom/Toilet wall was loose so I removed the skin, braced it up and re-sealed it nice and tight. Done. I removed the over cab bedding since it's only 2 of us and dogs and this makes a nice storage place for the travel kennels! I also grabbed a Samsung 32" TV and separate Blu-Ray for entertainment duties and store it above as well. I'm looking for a good antenna and RV TV mounting solution if anyone has ideas? I am just using a portable antenna that plugs inside the Shore Power area and it runs up to the coach and TV. I also had to wire up the rear bumper plug for proper operation so I can haul our Toad (2002 VW Turbo Beetle) with no issues.

Pro's:

- Zero Engine or Transmission issues!
- Generator has only 92 hours on it and has also been dead reliable.
- Easy to drive and park.
- Power to spare pulling our Dolly and Beetle
- Plenty of storage space outside and easy access to it.
- Complete mechanical refurbishment, tires, shocks, Tie rods, bushings, plugs, etc along with the 1 year warranty can't be beat.
- Price can't be beat!

Cons:

- After using it for a year the Fridge quit working on 110V late in the season so I got another Dometic control module on Amazon for $100 and that fixed it up.
- We also have a rattling roof vent over the top bed that drives me nuts, this will be replaced this season along with adding a Fantastic fan over the bathroom area.
- The T-Moldings frequently come loose and look bad. I think a gluing or replacement is in order but this is not a deal breaker.
- I also noticed that the top front clearance lights tend to leak in heavy rain, a tube of White Quad Sealant and a ladder and this issue is also resolved.
- Poor power and hill climbing ability in the mountainous areas.
- Transmission hunts gears and is slow to shift back to 5th gear.

The warranty is now over and first thing I did this season was deal with the engine/trans drive ability issues. I did the research and called up 5 Star RV Tuning and got their 87 Octane RV tune. I can't say enough about this upgrade !! This is how an RV should drive and shift, in fact I don't even miss my diesel now. Stock it felt like driving with the E-Brake on but now she's like a normal pickup and it's using less fuel to the tune of about 1.5 MPG improvement. I've only done a 3 day trip so far this season with the tune and wow, there's no going back. If there are any issues with the engine and trans performance move this upgrade to the top of your list.

I also am sick of the flighty steering and have installed a dual steering stabilizer but have yet to test it, the factory unit was indeed toast.

I replaced the stock shower head with an Oxygenics unit and this is a definite "must do" for any RV owner!

On order are the Fantastic fan and 2 new roof vents to be installed before my next trip mid June.

We also want to add a coach door window, some under awning tube lighting, a backup camera and maybe tie this in with a Double DIN stereo with Bluetooth/NAV upgrade later this year.

Custom Decals are also in the works once we decide on a design.

All in all over 8000 Miles (13,000 KM) I can honestly say this will go down as one of the best RV purchase decisions I've made in many years. I recommend and refer people to Cruise Canada to anyone who has come up and asked me about the unit and how reliable has it been after seeing it. I could have easily paid $20K more for the same unit in non-rental form but I can do one heck of a lot of upgrades for $20K and save the difference to pay for fuel and more camping by buying from CC/CA!

PJ

* This post was edited 05/22/19 11:48am by Canuck_Hauler *

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal 90713

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/26/19 11:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Canuck Hauler #99,Nice to hear back from you with the update and the Pros and Cons of owning a Former Rental and also about your upgrades and future plans.

I would suggest getting the Polycarbonate vent lids they last a lot longer,mine have been on over 7 years and look like new.

Also something like the Maxxair covers,they will make your vent lids last longer.

If you have vent fans the new Maxx Air Fan Mate is a great choice,It is a bit taller than the regular Maxx Air II and moves more air.

The covers are constructed of high density polyethylene with maximum UV inhibitors for years of worry-free protection,unlike the others on the market today plus a 6 year warranty.

While doing this a good thing to do is to replace the Vinyl Seal along the vent edge, easy to do and makes a better long lasting seal and will stop that rattling roof vent cover.

I also have a Fantastic fan in the rear and wanted to put one in the bathroom but did not want to tear into the roof like I did for the Fantastic fan so I opted for a VortexII Fan It was easy to install and moves a lot of air. There are You Tube Videos about their installation.

As for the coach door window I don't know if you saw MtnBikeMarty's post on doing just that,it looks like he did an excellent job.

Also the Oxygenics shower head.You are right mine was one of the best Mods I made.

Thanks again for the update and the positive testimonial on the aspects owning a Former Rental.

Have a Great Camping Season!!

* This post was edited 05/26/19 11:53am by IAMICHABOD *

TRM1

Temecula, CA

View Profile

Posted: 05/29/19 12:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quick update for us as well.

I put a Vortex fan in the bathroom. Easy to install and moves a ton more air. I read that someone put louvers in the bathroom door so they could run the fan with the door closed. I'm going to try that.

Fixed a wonky black tank issue. Long story short, the PO had the tank removed at some point and when it was reinstalled they didn't thread the toilet piping back into the black tank correctly. After a fun job, it's all cleaned up and no mystery odors.

Installed a memory foam mattress from Amazon. Way, way more comfortable.

Installed Hellwig sways front and rear. This is a no brainer. If you're on the fence, do it. Seriously, do it. There is no longer any sway from passing trucks. Crosswinds have minimal effect. Even when parked there's an improvement when people are coming in and out or moving around. Highly recommended. These plus the Bilsteins completely changed my family's attitudes towards riding in a big vehicle.

Ordered all new glazing for the windows from pellandent.com. This job sucked, but it looks way better now and I'm sure things are sealed up tighter.

Added a U27-12XP Valence Lithium Battery 12V 138A house battery I got from a buddy for cheap. Still working on solar solutions but we haven't gotten close to running it down yet. We still do generator for microwave, haven't needed the AC yet.

We've taken it out 5 times now and it's functioned flawlessly every time. For what I have in it, it's perfect.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 103  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Buying a Former Rental Class C. How many of us out there?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS