RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Buying a Former Rental Class C. How many of us out there?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Buying a Former Rental Class C. How many of us out there?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 159  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
TwistedGray

Monterey Bay, CA

View Profile

Posted: 09/29/21 10:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

eldel wrote:

Update for prospective purchasers of CA vehicles - they are no longer fitting awnings. Apparently the ones they were using were 'too difficult to use' and causing customer issues.

In my case it was 'too difficult to install' and CA are returning my money.

Are you sure that this is nationwide and not site specific?

eldel

Northern Colorado

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/29/21 12:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TwistedGray wrote:

eldel wrote:

Update for prospective purchasers of CA vehicles - they are no longer fitting awnings. Apparently the ones they were using were 'too difficult to use' and causing customer issues.

Are you sure that this is nationwide and not site specific?

The sales droid at Denver didn't say it explicitly - but he did say they didn't know where to get the parts from to complete the installation (they installed the original back to front and broke the internals trying to make is work backwards) and that they didn't have a replacement.

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/29/21 01:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What Brand Name/Make and Model that CA seems to find to difficult to use and install? It seems that they can't install it correctly if they put yours on backwards,pretty incompetent in my opinion.

The manual ones are fairly easy to install,I helped my Son In Law install one on his trailer not long ago.Plenty of YouTube videos out there that show how to do it.

2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental

Buying A Rental Class C

eldel

Northern Colorado

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/29/21 09:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't remember to be honest. I'll dig through some paperwork and see if I can find the details.

Edit: Dometic LL Sunchaser

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/30/21 01:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WOW that dealer seems to just not be interested in doing the job and is blowing smoke up you know where

That awning is one of the easiest to install and work,I have done both.

Parts for this awning are readily available from multiple sources ,Amazon.E bay and many RV Parts houses,I bought a part I need on E Bay,it was cheaper that all the others.

It is to bad that that CA dealership treated you this way,I would suggest looking for a RV shop around you and have them install an awning. I had mine put on by Camping World and they did an excellent job.

eldel

Northern Colorado

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/30/21 07:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yeah - I'm going to get one done during the winter refit. We were supposed to get all the outside stuff last year - ah well. Hopefully come spring we'll be finished . Yeah right :-)

Booner

Boonville, MO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/03/21 10:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

eldel wrote:

I'm assuming you are referring to the Denver CA. If so, I wouldn't be too upset that they don't want to install awnings anymore. I travelled back to Denver this past April to have them install my awning on my 23A that I purchased in Sept. 2020 as they couldn't get awnings at that time.

I was less than thrilled with their installation. The installers were not very well informed in how to do the installation or it's operation and did a hack job. I'm going to have to do some "southern engineering" to make sure the awning will stay on my coach. By the time I drove back home (central Missouri) from Denver, all of the screws that hold the awning to the top of the coach had backed out. I'm happy that these screws don't have to hold the weight of the awning as I probably would have lost it somewhere in Kansas. After they got the awning installed, they didn't know how to deploy it, but I was able to figure it out before they broke something.

TwistedGray

Monterey Bay, CA

View Profile

Posted: 10/13/21 10:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Does anyone have recommendations on where to try and sell their 19G? I've been told RV Trader is a good place. It's just on Craigslist and FB Marketplace now, but I've only gotten a few tire kickers there.

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/16/21 03:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TwistedGray wrote:

Does anyone have recommendations on where to try and sell their 19G? I've been told RV Trader is a good place. It's just on Craigslist and FB Marketplace now, but I've only gotten a few tire kickers there.

When I was looking I found the most that I was interested were found at Smart RV Guide

There are some 19Gs listed there.

TwistedGray

Monterey Bay, CA

View Profile

Posted: 10/19/21 04:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

IAMICHABOD wrote:

TwistedGray wrote:

When I was looking I found the most that I was interested were found at Smart RV Guide

There are some 19Gs listed there.

Thanks - I tossed it up there : )

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 159  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Buying a Former Rental Class C. How many of us out there?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.