RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Buying a Former Rental Class C. How many of us out there?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Buying a Former Rental Class C. How many of us out there?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 104  
Prev
Sponsored By:
IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal 90713

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/22/19 12:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

roam1 wrote:

just a follow-up
I did contact a person in customer service and they supplied me with the framing diagrams I need to add a ladder and roof rack. ALP has been great to deal with!

This is good to know,that they have that information and are willing to share it with you,that is great customer service!

2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental

Buying A Rental Class C

Chevrolet Based Class C

Hoerschel

Colorado Springs

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/08/19 09:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Put a deposit down on a 2015 Majestic from CA in Denver. Test drive went well, minor coach repairs agreed to. Unit has 111,000 miles on the clock. Was listed at $28,985 but got a $2k discount for putting deposit down during Black Friday sale. Wondering about wisdom of paying $500 for an RVIA inspector at this point before taking delivery on 12/24. Judging from previous posts and confidence people have had in CA doing essential maintenance, would this money be better spent on routine maintenance that will be needed anyway. Also, seeking feedback from folks who have actually used the coach / power train extended service contracts. Worthwhile or should I self-insure? I'm not a handyman but can do basic repairs. Thanks for feedback.

andydallas

Dallas TX

View Profile

Posted: 12/09/19 02:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just put a deposit down on a Majestic 28A from Phoenix, will pick up 12/23. I will not see the unit (except in pictures) until I fly in, was also wondering about using an inspector. I ask about awning, said they would add one for $995, of course if I buy it now it will be calculated into the payment so it is tempting

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal 90713

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/10/19 10:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hoerschel Welcome to the Forum and the Former Rental Owners Club.

The inspection is really up to you,if you are confident in the overall condition I would not spend that money,just keep it and spend it as needed on maintenance.

As for the extended warranty, I have looked thru the whole thread and found no one that has used it and only one that used the Warranty that came with the unit when they bought it.

The extended warranty (insurance policy) is up to you, but they are just that, and are in the business of making money not paying out if they can. The fine print or the interpretation of it is up to them.

While checking on the warranty for both El Monte RV and CA I noticed that CA has shortened theirs to 3 months/3000 miles while El Monte RV has kept their 1 year/12000 mile warranty that is free when buying the RV. Looks like they are really pushing the extended warranty as they did when I was looking for my RV,they were the same back then.

My experience with one was not a good one,long story,and not a good one.

I would just put that money aside and use if needed. I do not know of anyone yet that has used the extended warranty.

When you buy please come on back and share your experiences and thoughts on your purchase.

Good luck!

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal 90713

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/10/19 10:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

andydallas Welcome to the Forum and the Former Rental Owners Club.

As I said before that The inspection is really up to you,if you are confident in the overall condition I would not spend that money,just keep it and spend it as needed on maintenance.

As for the awning the price seems to be in line with the prices today,but if they are rolling it into your payment just know that you are paying interest on that $995,If you have the money just have it installed later.

On one note there are a few members that have negotiated a free awning into the deal when buying from Cruise America,might give it a try.

Also are getting the The Fly & Buy program that is limited to $300 maximum, and limited to the price actually paid for the ticket.you may be able to roll that into your awning price.

When you buy please come on back and share your experiences and thoughts on your purchase.

Good luck!

* This post was edited 12/10/19 01:33pm by IAMICHABOD *

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 104  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Buying a Former Rental Class C. How many of us out there?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS