RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Buying a Former Rental Class C. How many of us out there?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Buying a Former Rental Class C. How many of us out there?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 116  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
cencerrita

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/23/20 08:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

eldel wrote:

Next question as I try and plan ahead. Any information/opinions about a rear view camera for a 28a? Many of them on the market seem to assume that the vehicle will be prewired with a socket (e.g. sharkfin) which I'm pretty sure CA don't put on their vehicles.

I'm sure there are more ways to get this wrong than right so I'd rather reduce the chances of that.

Hi
I used this combination to fit from my car wireless system to the rear of a 21ft trailer. It is a rear mirrow mounted monitor with 2 inputs for 2 cameras in differnt positions if needed from Amazon $52 and a camera for about 15$. The remote transmitter between them another $15. I was towing a caravan in europe with a right hand drive car leaving the camera on all the time for overtaking. Worked great and not expensive.
rear mirror mounted minitor

www.cencerrita.comNow living in Pembrokeshire, Wales, UK. Seeour web site for US travels www.cencerrita.com

CwglIndn

Tucson, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/24/20 04:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Still working on the video of the 7pin install, but it's wired now. We just added a Camco stove cover for the Dometic/Atwood stove (Dometic logo front/ Atwood part number underneath) and a Teak cutting board to cover the sink.[image]

CwglIndn

Tucson, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/24/20 05:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Still working on the video of the 7pin install, but it's wired now. We just added a Camco stove cover for the Dometic/Atwood stove (Dometic logo front/ Atwood part number underneath) and a Teak cutting board to cover the sink.[image] https://photos.app.goo.gl/WWojEKLBQa1Tu6BYAhttps://photos.app.goo.gl/WWojEKLBQa1Tu6BYA

texasvwnut

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 06/24/20 06:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CwglIndn wrote:

Still working on the video of the 7pin install, but it's wired now. We just added a Camco stove cover for the Dometic/Atwood stove (Dometic logo front/ Atwood part number underneath) and a Teak cutting board to cover the sink.[image] https://photos.app.goo.gl/WWojEKLBQa1Tu6BYAhttps://photos.app.goo.gl/WWojEKLBQa1Tu6BYA

I like that stove cover a lot. Is this the one you installed?

Camco Stove Cover

Also interested in where you got the sink cover.

cencerrita

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/27/20 08:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MtnBikeMarty wrote:

cencerrita wrote:

When i made the opening above the water tank at the bed end i cut the maximum size possible between the existing frame supports. Allowing for the following. This was 3 seperate openings + one on the drivers side.

On top of the water tank i glued down pieces of foam packing from a parcel and laid a thin ply sheet over it. Then i made sure the front height of the panel was about 2 inches above this to stop the shoes coming out. This then gave me a great shoe storage area and access to the winerising connection for the antifreeze connection.

look at https://cencerrita.com/winterise.htm for photos before the shoe storage was complete but it shows the tank access made. . email me if you want a phoot of the finish
footlooserv@cencerrita.com

Thanks Cencerrita, I like your idea of cutting the access panel to get to the water tank valve, pump, etc. And the link to the winterizing info, fortunately living in sunny warm/hot AZ and we're not planning on any cold camping, I don't worry winterizing mine...lol But excellent info if I ever do. Thanks! MtnBikeMarty

I have just updated and changed our web sites so they are now fully responsive to mobiles and tablets as well. So any old posts will have the inncorrect links.The menu "Footloose RV" is for the RV and "Sunset in Andalusia" is about when we lived in Spain.
For instance -

https://www.cencerrita.com/how-to-winterize-your-rv/ works or use the search on the home page for anything.

Floridastorm

Orlando

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/28/20 12:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MtnBikeMarty wrote:

eldel wrote:

Yet another CA about to be purchaser. Put the deposit down - should pick up the 28A in about a month. Just thought I'd say thanks to all the folks that have put so much good info into this thread.

Hey eldel! I was thinking if you're getting your 28A from the CA in Mesa, AZ, and if you're an RV newbie like I was, I hired the guy from rveagle.com https://rveagle.com/ to meet me at Cruise America and the salesman let us go through the RV in the backroom before I signed the paperwork. He charged me like $85 (in 2016), found a crack in roof, battery showing low amps, window missing clip to hold open, a non working refrigerator light, dashboard fan switch not working, and it seems like there was something else, but I blame my poor memory on beer drinking. Anyway, all were fixed/replaced while I went out for lunch, came back and did the paperwork. I found it as worthwhile, since I was an RV newbie.

MtnBikeMarty

Did you have the inspection done prior to the refurbishment of the unit or after? Did CA agree in the contract to mitigate the deficiencies that the inspection report detailed?

Thanks,

Dave

Majestic31

Pa.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/29/20 02:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Has anyone sold their former Rental class C.
Thinking of selling my 2011 Majestic 28A to get a 33' fifth wheel.
I replaced SO MANY things. live in SE pennsylvania Any advice
All new Tires,Backup camera, All new Bilstein HD shocks, Front steering stabilizer, Front and rear Anti sway bars, Front and rear Sumo springs airless air bags, New Awning. TV on wall bracket, New radiator hoses, new Inspection, Truck wheel alignment, 3 new ceiling vent covers, New Domentic Porcelain toilet, New Dometic Air conditioner and wall thermostat,

* This post was edited 06/29/20 02:46pm by Majestic31 *

TerraTraxx

Chicago, IL

View Profile

Posted: 06/29/20 08:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi all! My wife and I are purchasing CA 28A out of Kissimmee, FL in a few weeks. We actually put our deposit down last month but their refurbishment process is backlogged with high demand and the whole COVID-19 situation.

Just want to say thanks to all the contributions in this thread which has been a big help in our buying process. Very cool to see that people have had good experiences with Jason Go out of the Kissimmee location as well!

Floridastorm

Orlando

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/29/20 09:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Majestic31 wrote:

All new Tires,Backup camera, All new Bilstein HD shocks, Front steering stabilizer, Front and rear Anti sway bars, Front and rear Sumo springs airless air bags, New Awning. TV on wall bracket, New radiator hoses, new Inspection, Truck wheel alignment, 3 new ceiling vent covers, New Domentic Porcelain toilet, New Dometic Air conditioner and wall thermostat,

I'm wondering if you replaced all of those items and did the maintenance because they failed or did you just replace or do the maintenance because it was time or just for personal preference? In other words was it necessary work that had to be done for the integrity of the motor home?

cencerrita

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/30/20 06:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Majestic31 wrote:

We sold our Majestic 27G 2010 last year as we were going to stop RVing in the US. We live in Europe. Our problem was wanting to use it up to the last day before flying and having no US home to sell it from (just an Rv mail address). So we came to a consignment deal with Camping World Oregon and they sold it within 2 months. Part of the deal was that at the end of 3 months they would give us a trade price (very low if not sold) We were concerned but it worked out. The annoying thing however was they at first put their advert up with wrong information on the vehicle and never added on the advert all the extras that we had added for a better vehicle.Never a reply from them on our complaints. We just saw the advert changed online.

If using a dealer make sure you are sat beside him when he looks up the real trade price for what it is worth and what the trade price he should be able to sell it at to the public! In our case they had someone there from another dealership ready to take it straight away off their hands should be go for the low guaranteed price! We were not impressed with the Camping World communication during the process, but if you live in the US you would be able to chase them up better. The first thing we knew that it was sold was when a US cheque turned up in the post in Europe, instead of them putting the money into our US bank account.

With the cost of flights from Europe, storage and insurance it was the best way for us to go, but if we had lived in the US we would have tried to sell privatly at a realistiic price i.e. a good bargain for someone compared to dealers prices.
Personally it is a great shame you can not advertise private vehicle here on a forum ... hey who owns Camping World though!

At the end we had a wonderful time in the US traveling for up to 3 months at a time and have now written a book for other Europeans or anyone who does not live there on how to do it.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 116  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Buying a Former Rental Class C. How many of us out there?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.