RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Buying a Former Rental Class C. How many of us out there?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Buying a Former Rental Class C. How many of us out there?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 134  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Floridastorm

Orlando

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/20/20 11:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OnlyHellYes wrote:

Hi all,
Thanks again for the help with finding someone to inspect our unit while in Mesa. We ended up using Nick with https://rveagle.com and he was fabulous. Can't recommend him enough.
He found a list of items that needed to be reviewed with CA. They took the list and dealt with all!
We did have to stay another night in Mesa but not a huge deal.

We drove from Mesa to DFW, TX right after we purchased and have been here since. We'll post additional info coming up. We've had some head scratching issues with the CA sales person, financing and now that we're in TX we realize we have a couple leaks.

We're excited to start our RV adventuring though!!!

You have a couple of leaks right after you had the unit inspected? Did the inspection service do a diagnostic leak detection and if so did CA seal the areas in question? Did the Inspection Service have a warranty on their work?

quasimatter

CA

View Profile

Posted: 11/27/20 09:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

quasimatter wrote:

SJ-Chris wrote:

- Added 3 USB charging ports (over couch, over dinette, over rear bed)
- Added a 2nd battery (in 2nd from rear on driver's side small bay)
- Added a TV/DVD player
- Added a Aili battery monitor

-Chris

Hi Chris - looks like we are within few miles of each other!

I want to make the above mods myself.. Could you please share links to what you bought (and installation instructions if you can).

Meanwhile - I am half way to Solar installation: I got the following

Victron MPPT controller

Folding Solar Panels

For backup camera - I went for wired version which also serves as dash cam - not installed yet (since I need extra length cable which I have ordered).

VanTop Dashcam ($59.99 at VanTop website)

Also got the following - which is actually pretty awesome:
Front Privacy Screen/Shade

More later..

Continuing with my mods on Majestic 28A (and new ones) - I installed the solar as listed above (but still with AGM battery) and it is working well. For anyone wanting to do a similar project - I had to also get MC4 cables - I specifically got the following:

MC4 Cable

I got only 1 (15ft) and then I cut it in half. Further - I cut off 1.5ft from the end of both to make a short Victron to Battery connection with a battery wire lug (that I had) which I crimped on and connected to battery. The remaining 6ft each - I connected to PV connection of Victron and they connect nicely into MC4 connector of solar panel.

I also purchased 20ft Extension of MC4 cables for when I need to move solar panel further out. (linked here)

With this setup Victron stays connected to battery and I connect the solar panel to it when needed and place solar panel in sun.

VanTop dashcam works well and running the cable below chasis was not a problem (need to buy 12ft extension though due to length). Did not connect reverse so it essentially is a full time back view mirror.

In another new modification - similar to Chris, I installed 3 USB + 12v + switch combo above dinette, above couch and above master bed.

Future mods are installing a TV that runs on 12V and folds up above dinette.

Would love to hear above other people's mods to Majestic.

TwistedGray

Monterey Bay, CA

View Profile

Posted: 11/27/20 11:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Has anyone looked into a way to allow the 110 outlets and USB charger to be functional with either the aux battery NOT having to be connected to the generator or shore power or while the vehicle is running (again, without the generator)?

fadumpt

SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/28/20 07:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In ours we put a 750 watt inverter under the bench with the other electrical and then connected one plug to a surface mount surge protector under the bench and the the other power plug and the USB plug go to surface mount power and USB ports on the passageway side. We put in a battery disconnect key to turn it on and off.
It can't handle everything and it doesn't power the other plugs throughout but it is perfect for powering things while going down the road.
[image]
[image]
[image]

* This post was edited 11/28/20 07:34am by fadumpt *

2015 Thor Majestic 28A
Ex Cruise America Rental

TwistedGray

Monterey Bay, CA

View Profile

Posted: 11/28/20 10:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fadumpt wrote:

In ours we put a 750 watt inverter under the bench with the other electrical and then connected one plug to a surface mount surge protector under the bench and the the other power plug and the USB plug go to surface mount power and USB ports on the passageway side. We put in a battery disconnect key to turn it on and off.
It can't handle everything and it doesn't power the other plugs throughout but it is perfect for powering things while going down the road.

Nice little set-up. You don't mention where you're pulling power from, but I'm guessing the vehicle's battery (while in motion)?

fadumpt

SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/28/20 02:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Right. There is a power block and ground block in that space and we tapped in to that. Works off of the house battery.

TwistedGray

Monterey Bay, CA

View Profile

Posted: 11/28/20 02:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nice - that's what I was interested (pulling power from house batt when not plugged into shore power or running the genny). This seems perfect for laptops, phones, or similar without having to have an inverter plugged into the 12v cig plug and having wires and dodads everywhere : )

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 134  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Buying a Former Rental Class C. How many of us out there?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.