RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Buying a Former Rental Class C. How many of us out there?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Buying a Former Rental Class C. How many of us out there?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 101  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Canuck_Hauler

Edmonton

View Profile

Posted: 10/17/18 10:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Majestic31 wrote:

Majestic 28a What are the loose wires coming out of behind rear bumper for,

Those should be for the hitch wiring. I had to hook mine up properly on mine as CC did not wire my bumper connector before delivery. Post up a pic if you can.

calcanrver

Calgary Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 11/11/18 02:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

After not much being available on the used market over the summer I am back looking at the possibility of buying a used majestic 23 A from Cruise Canada. The prices for the same model year vary depending on mileage and I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts as to whether it is worthwhile to pay an extra $2000 for one that has 15,000 less miles on it. Unfortunately in Canada they have reduced the warranty to 5,000 km or three months.

Any input would be appreciated. Thankyou.

Photomike

Southern Alberta or where the camper is parked!

View Profile

Posted: 11/11/18 02:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

calcanrver wrote:

After not much being available on the used market over the summer I am back looking at the possibility of buying a used majestic 23 A from Cruise Canada. The prices for the same model year vary depending on mileage and I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts as to whether it is worthwhile to pay an extra $2000 for one that has 15,000 less miles on it. Unfortunately in Canada they have reduced the warranty to 5,000 km or three months.

Any input would be appreciated. Thankyou.

Myself I would not pay more for less miles, but that is me.

The warranty reduction sucks as most of the RV's will be in storage for the winter after they are bought so the warranty will be expired before they get used by the new owners.

2017 Ford Transit
EVO Electric bike
Advanced Elements Kayaks

calcanrver

Calgary Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 11/11/18 03:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow...thanks for the quick response Photomike! Yes the reduction in the warranty isn't good as I wouldn't be using it until spring at the earliest.

Photomike

Southern Alberta or where the camper is parked!

View Profile

Posted: 11/11/18 07:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

calcanrver wrote:

Wow...thanks for the quick response Photomike! Yes the reduction in the warranty isn't good as I wouldn't be using it until spring at the earliest.

It just came to me (I doubt that they would do it) but see if they would start the warranty in June [emoticon]

NDTRAVELS

ND

View Profile

Posted: 12/08/18 09:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks IAMICHABOD great forum I have read the complete forum 3 times over the last several months as I am looking at buying a former rental. We have had motorhomes in the past but got out of it when we bought a lake home. I have a deposit on a 28a from El Monte & have gotten the service history on 2 of there units both of them have a lot of entries under Inspect roof,r&r dicor sealant 2.5 hours 250.00
The one I have the deposit on it started at about 30,000 miles & continues on from there about every 3-7 thousand miles & currently has 80,000 miles. The rest of the service looks very good. As both of these units have had it done many times is this there normal routine?
Any info would be great. Thanks to all

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal 90713

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/09/18 11:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had to go back and check my 23 pages of service history to see when the roof was inspected on my RV. It seems that it was checked often.

This may be a new protocol for them, I know that El Monte is very proactive in their maintenance. I don't know who your contact there is but I have found them to be very helpful when a question comes up.

At 80000 miles it seems that they are turning over their fleet earlier than when I bought mine,that is a very good thing considering the other rental outfits are doing it at 130000 or more.

As always do a good inspection of the roof and all other things and look for signs of water leakage.

When the deal goes through please come back here and tell us how it all went and your thoughts on buying a Former Rental.If there is anything I can help with just ask or PM me.

Good Luck on this.

2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental

Buying A Rental Class C

Chevrolet Based Class C

NDTRAVELS

ND

View Profile

Posted: 12/09/18 08:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the reply this one is a 2016 from El Monte in Vegas with
80,000 miles the other one I looked at service records was a 2017 with about 55,000 miles. We were able to look at in Vegas in November
when we rented a 2014 from CA & transported to Pheonix for reconditioning it was a good way to check out floor plan & size. I was impressed with the 2014 we rented & it worked out great, the El Monte one was less miles & had more options that we wanted.
(leather,oven,tv,power awning,rear window,longer warranty & maintenance records) The El Monte was more money but felt we would be putting more money into the CA to get it how we wanted it. We were very interested in both units.This forum was very helpful in deciding to go with an exrental. We are flying to Vegas ater Xmas to pick up & take a little time in area before heading back to the cold. We will report back after our trip if it wasn't for this forum I think we would have bought locally for a much higher price or older unit Thanks for everything I hope to be reporting a purchase

beerguy01

Houston Tx.

View Profile

Posted: 12/11/18 03:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Add me to the list.
In March of this year I purchased a x rental from Best Time rv in vegas.
Like El Monte, they purchase their units off the line.

Was able to get a 2017 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 22r with 6speed auto, on a E-450, with only 27,000 miles fully loaded for a fraction of the cost of a regular unit.

My ccc for a 25ft unit is right at 4600lb so I never worry about weight.

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal 90713

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/12/18 01:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey, welcome beerguy01 to the forum and the Former Rental Owners Club.

I will definitely put you on the list,you will be # 104 [image]

It sounds like you got a smokin good deal on that RV and at that size it looks like you can take it almost anywhere you want to go camping and it seems to have plenty of storage.

I haven't heard of Best Time RV as far as buying a Former Rental but I will put it on my list of places to look for one.

I hope it all has gone well since you bought it,anything that others might get from your experience is helpful here.

Thanks for your post and Good Luck with that new RV.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 101  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Buying a Former Rental Class C. How many of us out there?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS