RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Buying a Former Rental Class C. How many of us out there?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Buying a Former Rental Class C. How many of us out there?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 98  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Majestic31

Pa.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/16/18 05:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2011 Majestic 28A has anyone looked under bed mattress and removed wood panel, mine is glued down .. what is under there . anyone have picture

cencerrita

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/16/18 11:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi and welcome.

We have a 2010 27G having prefered it to the 28G. I think they are both the same in the bed area. Rear part of the bed is over the large storage an dthe front is over the water tank. Our panel was screwed down. There is a large gap between the bed panel and the tank which we have turned into a shoe cupboar. Some pictures on our web site here.pictures below bed of 27G

http://footlooserv.com/winterise.htm

The kids think we have it made living in Andalucia, but having a great time in our RV in America.

cencerrita

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/17/18 02:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi
Had another thought. Your panel will probably be secured down by a staple gun as wall panels are. So you need to start pricing it up but by bit to stop it breaking. Use a wide flat screwdriver knocked in around the edge

Harvey51

Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 12/23/18 01:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Photomike wrote:

The warranty reduction sucks as most of the RV's will be in storage for the winter after they are bought so the warranty will be expired before they get used by the new owners.

We bought our former rental MH in late October 2008. The dealer offered to fix anything found wanting in the house after our first trip the next Spring. No problems were found. A very trustworthy dealer, I guess.

* This post was edited 12/23/18 03:40pm by Harvey51 *

2004 E350 Adventurer (Canadian) 20 footer - Alberta, Canada
No TV + 100W solar = no generator needed

beerguy01

Houston Tx.

View Profile

Posted: 01/03/19 07:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have a question for my fellow X rental owners out there.

I'm interested in purchasing a 28A from Cruise America.
Could someone post a pic of the yellow tag on the door.

Would like to know the cargo capacity.

Thanks in advance/jr

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/04/19 02:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I see that the other owners of 28As have not chimed in yet,they may be around soon,in the mean time I found this from STEVE-OTR #78.

It may be of help to you.
STEVE-OTR wrote:

Open the passenger door, and look right under the inside door handle. There you will see a Yellow label which indicates the Cargo Carrying capacity. I have a 28a and it states something around 3,144 lbs if my memory serves correct. With the door closed, the passenger seat kinda blocks this label and so it cannot be seen easily when the door is closed (see pic). Total that the motor home is designed to carry is 14500 lbs. With the motor home completely empty (empty tanks, only the driver, and empty storage) it should weigh in at about 10,500-11,000 lbs.

If you have all tanks topped off: 9 gals propane, 6 gals water for water heater, 48 gals of city water and 55 gals of fuel, together all of this weighs about 830 lbs which would have to be subtracted from the 3,144. So real CCC is 2314 lbs. If you have 7 passengers and each one weighs an average of 154 lbs then take away another 1078 lbs. Which would finally leave you with 1236 lbs that can be a mixture of food, the dogs or pets, clothing or bikes and any camping equipment.

Sorry I made the reply so long. I hope it helps. Also keep-in-mind that you can have the RV weighed on the CAT scales, Empty or Full, at a Loves, Flying-J or at the Pilot Travel centers.

[image]

2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental

Buying A Rental Class C

Chevrolet Based Class C

beerguy01

Houston Tx.

View Profile

Posted: 01/04/19 08:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

IAMICHABOD wrote:

I see that the other owners of 28As have not chimed in yet,they may be around soon,in the mean time I found this from STEVE-OTR #78.

It may be of help to you.
STEVE-OTR wrote:

Open the passenger door, and look right under the inside door handle. There you will see a Yellow label which indicates the Cargo Carrying capacity. I have a 28a and it states something around 3,144 lbs if my memory serves correct. With the door closed, the passenger seat kinda blocks this label and so it cannot be seen easily when the door is closed (see pic). Total that the motor home is designed to carry is 14500 lbs. With the motor home completely empty (empty tanks, only the driver, and empty storage) it should weigh in at about 10,500-11,000 lbs.

If you have all tanks topped off: 9 gals propane, 6 gals water for water heater, 48 gals of city water and 55 gals of fuel, together all of this weighs about 830 lbs which would have to be subtracted from the 3,144. So real CCC is 2314 lbs. If you have 7 passengers and each one weighs an average of 154 lbs then take away another 1078 lbs. Which would finally leave you with 1236 lbs that can be a mixture of food, the dogs or pets, clothing or bikes and any camping equipment.

Sorry I made the reply so long. I hope it helps. Also keep-in-mind that you can have the RV weighed on the CAT scales, Empty or Full, at a Loves, Flying-J or at the Pilot Travel centers.

[image]

Thanks, that is exactly the info I needed.

As much as we love our Winnebago 22r. because it's perfect for 2 people.

We find ourselves in need of a larger unit since we have the inlaws traveling with us this year, and the extra elbow room would be nice.

Hankjoe

Illinois

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/05/19 01:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We purchased from a Local Dealer - didn't know it had been used as a rental until we found out from a neighbor (oh yeah he rents is stuff out sometimes). Ok, purchased our Class C Shasta (got the Good Sam Insurance for motor, applicances, etc) Took it out 1 time on a road trip - less than 30 days old had to replace the entire engine. Good Sam said not covered. Through a rod - no problem with the "head", but Good Sam said need to tear the engine completely apart to "prove". What a joke. End up with purchasing a new engine Our expense. Would I buy a rental, probably not. Would I buy the Good Sam insurance definately not.

NDTRAVELS

ND

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/19 07:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

New to the list after reading this forum multiple times we took the plunge & purchased an ex rental from El Monte RV in Las Vegas. We rented from Cruise America & delivered it to Pheonix where they recondition there units. While we liked the unit from CA the El Monte has more of the options we wanted(oven awning rear window leather interior TV lower mileage newer longer warranty double sinks & maintenance records) While the price was higher we felt it was worth the extra money. It is a 2016 Four Winds 28 ft on Ford chassis. We picked it up 3 days after Christmas & took the long way home through
southern CA, Grand Canyon,& visited relatives on the way back to ND.
Found a few minor problems like vent gears stripped on vent, door latch broken & loose vinyl on cupboard but nothing major. 2800 miles on way home used no oil & had good power through mountains & on freeway. So far we are happy with our purchase & looking forward to more fun trips. Thanks for all of information.

Photomike

Southern Alberta or where the camper is parked!

View Profile

Posted: 01/14/19 12:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

NDTRAVELS wrote:

New to the list after reading this forum multiple times we took the plunge & purchased an ex rental from El Monte RV in Las Vegas. We rented from Cruise America & delivered it to Pheonix where they recondition there units. While we liked the unit from CA the El Monte has more of the options we wanted(oven awning rear window leather interior TV lower mileage newer longer warranty double sinks & maintenance records) While the price was higher we felt it was worth the extra money. It is a 2016 Four Winds 28 ft on Ford chassis. We picked it up 3 days after Christmas & took the long way home through
southern CA, Grand Canyon,& visited relatives on the way back to ND.
Found a few minor problems like vent gears stripped on vent, door latch broken & loose vinyl on cupboard but nothing major. 2800 miles on way home used no oil & had good power through mountains & on freeway. So far we are happy with our purchase & looking forward to more fun trips. Thanks for all of information.

I read a post from someone on another forum that had just bought a brand new RV and their list of problems was triple as long as yours and one was a wall was crooked [emoticon] [emoticon] Seems like you got a good deal!

ENJOY!!!

2011 Majestic 19G
2017 Ford Transit (conversion underway)
EVO Electric bike
Advanced Elements Kayaks
Border Collie Guard Dog

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 98  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Buying a Former Rental Class C. How many of us out there?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS