RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Buying a Former Rental Class C. How many of us out there?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Buying a Former Rental Class C. How many of us out there?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 154  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
eldel

Northern Colorado

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/20/21 05:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sullyd61 wrote:

Hi
I ordered a 28a2017 through the Manassas va. Location . Anyone have any information about getting an inspection in that area . They say they are refurbished in Mesa Az. And then driven to va. Via .hired driver or 1 way rental. Has anyone purchased extended warranty and attempted to use it . Should I expect or ask for anew set of tires . Should batteries be new ? Do they do a complete trans mission fluid change with a new screen.

I skipped the warranty when I looked at the small print. The 30 day one is quite comprehensive though so make sure you take a trip in that time.

They don't change fluids - or test them. I had a complete fluid test and was told "well you can change it if you want". I did.
The battery will be original as long as it holds some charge. The tires will be as is unless illegal.

I did use an outside inspector (in Denver so not a lot of good for you I'm afraid) and I'm glad I did. When they refurbished the roof they didn't finish it correctly.

TwistedGray

Monterey Bay, CA

View Profile

Posted: 01/22/21 01:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sullyd61 wrote:

Hi
I ordered a 28a2017 through the Manassas va. Location . Anyone have any information about getting an inspection in that area . They say they are refurbished in Mesa Az. And then driven to va. Via .hired driver or 1 way rental. Has anyone purchased extended warranty and attempted to use it . Should I expect or ask for anew set of tires . Should batteries be new ? Do they do a complete trans mission fluid change with a new screen.

So you ordered an RV from them without having them answer any of these questions/concerns? You're far braver than others [emoticon]

Extended warranty - search the forum. There is already plenty of information on this topic.

Tires - mine came with new or at least newer tires, but you should ask your point of contact at C.A.

Batteries - mine came with a new vehicle battery and not a new coach batter, but you should ask your point of contact at C.A.

Trans fluid change - Mine came serviced, but you should ask your point of contact at C.A.

The common theme is that "your mileage may vary" and you should reach out to the person that you just bought it from rather than the forum. Your experience may vary from my experience which may vary from Bob's experience which may vary...

Edited to add - as you can see from the above reply to your post, your mileage WILL vary!

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/22/21 02:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello Sullyd61.

Welcome to the Forum,also a future member of the Former Rental Owners Club.

I Know that this thread is long but there is wealth of information contributed by our Forum members,hopefully it has been helpful to you,also maybe answered some of your questions,the other members will help you out with any other questions.

When you pick your unit please come on back and share your experiences on the purchase and your comments on how it went and what you liked or didn't.

2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental

Buying A Rental Class C

Chevrolet Based Class C

Sullyd61

Ma

View Profile

Posted: 01/22/21 09:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TwistedGray wrote:

Sullyd61 wrote:

Hi

So you ordered an RV from them without having them answer any of these questions/concerns? You're far braver than others [emoticon]

Extended warranty - search the forum. There is already plenty of information on this topic.

Tires - mine came with new or at least newer tires, but you should ask your point of contact at C.A.

Batteries - mine came with a new vehicle battery and not a new coach batter, but you should ask your point of contact at C.A.

Trans fluid change - Mine came serviced, but you should ask your point of contact at C.A.

The common theme is that "your mileage may vary" and you should reach out to the person that you just bought it from rather than the forum. Your experience may vary from my experience which may vary from Bob's experience which may vary...

Edited to add - as you can see from the above reply to your post, your mileage WILL vary!
thanks for your reply , the questions were asked and answered but I was looking for a consensus from people who purchased the same to see how they made out.

Floridastorm

Orlando

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/22/21 09:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just ordered one of the 19G's today and will be available for pickup February 25th. Will get it professionally inspected including fluids analysis before final payment. Don't think I will be getting the Extended Service Agreements. CA pays up to $300 for a one way car rental to Orlando. Will keep the forum appraised of the progress.

Sullyd61

Ma

View Profile

Posted: 01/22/21 09:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

eldel wrote:

Sullyd61 wrote:

Hi

I skipped the warranty when I looked at the small print. The 30 day one is quite comprehensive though so make sure you take a trip in that time.

They don't change fluids - or test them. I had a complete fluid test and was told "well you can change it if you want". I did.
The battery will be original as long as it holds some charge. The tires will be as is unless illegal.

I did use an outside inspector (in Denver so not a lot of good for you I'm afraid) and I'm glad I did. When they refurbished the roof they didn't finish it correctly.

Thanks for the information

Sullyd61

Ma

View Profile

Posted: 01/22/21 09:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

eldel wrote:

Sullyd61 wrote:

Hi

thank s for the info.

Sullyd61

Ma

View Profile

Posted: 01/22/21 09:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

IAMICHABOD wrote:

Hello Sullyd61.

Welcome to the Forum,also a future member of the Former Rental Owners Club.

I Know that this thread is long but there is wealth of information contributed by our Forum members,hopefully it has been helpful to you,also maybe answered some of your questions,the other members will help you out with any other questions.

When you pick your unit please come on back and share your experiences on the purchase and your comments on how it went and what you liked or didn't.

I will thankyou

TwistedGray

Monterey Bay, CA

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/21 05:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Floridastorm wrote:

Just ordered one of the 19G's today and will be available for pickup February 25th. Will get it professionally inspected including fluids analysis before final payment. Don't think I will be getting the Extended Service Agreements. CA pays up to $300 for a one way car rental to Orlando. Will keep the forum appraised of the progress.

Congrats!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/402432987512698

Floridastorm

Orlando

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/24/21 09:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sullyd61 wrote:

eldel wrote:

Sullyd61 wrote:

Hi

Thanks for the information

According to the Cruise America brochure and the Orlando Sales Manager they provide a 3 month/3,000 mile Power Train Warranty. We will plan on using the motor home quite a bit within that 3 months in order to shake out any imperfections. By the way, does CA give you any of the supporting equipment such as Water Pressure Regulator, 30 AMP Surge Protector, Water Hose and Sewage Line, etc.?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 154  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Buying a Former Rental Class C. How many of us out there?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.