RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Buying a Former Rental Class C. How many of us out there?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Buying a Former Rental Class C. How many of us out there?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 156  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
SJ-Chris

San Jose, Ca

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/24/21 02:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

By the way, does CA give you any of the supporting equipment such as Water Pressure Regulator, 30 AMP Surge Protector, Water Hose and Sewage Line, etc.?

Sewer hose is likely included, but that is about it.
Definitely no surge protector.

Good luck!
-Chris

San Jose, CA
Own two 2015 Thor Majestic 28a Class C RVs

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/24/21 03:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

From what I have read in other posts it seems that they don't give you much. Some others here have bought a start up kit Like this one It would be a good idea to have something like this when you go to pick it up just in case.

It is what I received when I bought mine from El Monte RV. They also gave me a set of Leveling Ramps

2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental

Buying A Rental Class C

Floridastorm

Orlando

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/24/21 03:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

IAMICHABOD wrote:

From what I have read in other posts it seems that they don't give you much. Some others here have bought a start up kit Like this one It would be a good idea to have something like this when you go to pick it up just in case.

It is what I received when I bought mine from El Monte RV. They also gave me a set of Leveling Ramps

Thanks. Have been listing the starter things that I would need and this kit will be a part of that list.

Floridastorm

Orlando

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/24/21 03:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

IAMICHABOD wrote:

edited

* This post was edited 01/24/21 03:26pm by Floridastorm *

Floridastorm

Orlando

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/24/21 03:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

IAMICHABOD wrote:

edited

Floridastorm

Orlando

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/24/21 03:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SJ-Chris wrote:

Quote:

By the way, does CA give you any of the supporting equipment such as Water Pressure Regulator, 30 AMP Surge Protector, Water Hose and Sewage Line, etc.?

Sewer hose is likely included, but that is about it.
Definitely no surge protector.

Good luck!
-Chris

Pretty much what I thought [emoticon]

Sullyd61

Ma

View Profile

Posted: 01/24/21 04:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TwistedGray wrote:

Floridastorm wrote:

Just ordered one of the 19G's today and will be available for pickup February 25th. Will get it professionally inspected including fluids analysis before final payment. Don't think I will be getting the Extended Service Agreements. CA pays up to $300 for a one way car rental to Orlando. Will keep the forum appraised of the progress.

Congrats!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/402432987512698

Congratulations, Do they refurbish in Orlando ? (Or Kissemmee)

C. A. Lindsey

Central Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 01/24/21 09:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Congratulations, Do they refurbish in Orlando ?

According to Jason Go, the manager at Kissemme, the refurbishment centers, are at his location and Mesa, Arizona.

Floridastorm

Orlando

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/24/21 09:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sullyd61 wrote:

TwistedGray wrote:

Floridastorm wrote:

Just ordered one of the 19G's today and will be available for pickup February 25th. Will get it professionally inspected including fluids analysis before final payment. Don't think I will be getting the Extended Service Agreements. CA pays up to $300 for a one way car rental to Orlando. Will keep the forum appraised of the progress.

Congrats!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/402432987512698

Congratulations, Do they refurbish in Orlando ? (Or Kissemmee)

Kissimmee is in Orlando actually what you might call a suburb. The Cruise America facility is located in Kissimmee.

TwistedGray

Monterey Bay, CA

View Profile

Posted: 01/25/21 11:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Floridastorm wrote:

Sullyd61 wrote:

eldel wrote:

Sullyd61 wrote:

Hi
I ordered a 28a2017 through the Manassas va. Location . Anyone have any information about getting an inspection in that area . They say they are refurbished in Mesa Az. And then driven to va. Via .hired driver or 1 way rental. Has anyone purchased extended warranty and attempted to use it . Should I expect or ask for anew set of tires . Should batteries be new ? Do they do a complete trans mission fluid change with a new screen.

I skipped the warranty when I looked at the small print. The 30 day one is quite comprehensive though so make sure you take a trip in that time.

They don't change fluids - or test them. I had a complete fluid test and was told "well you can change it if you want". I did.
The battery will be original as long as it holds some charge. The tires will be as is unless illegal.

I did use an outside inspector (in Denver so not a lot of good for you I'm afraid) and I'm glad I did. When they refurbished the roof they didn't finish it correctly.

Thanks for the information

According to the Cruise America brochure and the Orlando Sales Manager they provide a 3 month/3,000 mile Power Train Warranty. We will plan on using the motor home quite a bit within that 3 months in order to shake out any imperfections. By the way, does CA give you any of the supporting equipment such as Water Pressure Regulator, 30 AMP Surge Protector, Water Hose and Sewage Line, etc.?

Water house and sewage line - yes

Everything else - not to my knowledge

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 156  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Buying a Former Rental Class C. How many of us out there?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.