RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Buying a Former Rental Class C. How many of us out there?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Buying a Former Rental Class C. How many of us out there?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 163  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/20/21 11:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Happy Thanksgiving to all the members of the Former Rental Owners.

Just getting ready for my 10th Annual week long Thanksgiving Trip,we even did it last year during the pandemic,last year it was a lot different because of Covid,much smaller,all outside and social distance and mask rules were in place. We had 20mph winds late in the day after the early meal,just got it cleaned up before it got real bad. We all survived and no one has gotten sick.

Everything on my RV works just as good as it did 10 years ago.

I am very happy with my choice of this Former Rental and its performance, it has given me great confidence in its use and dependability. I look forward to many more years of trouble free trips with family and friends or on my own.

I hope others on this thread have had the same luck and dependability and would share with us how it is going with your Former Rental.Many have and by all reports most if not all have had the same luck and dependability.

Everyone out there stay safe and healthy,we will get thru this and return to our camping ways.

So what are your plans this Holiday?

2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

EMD360

Arvada, CO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/22/21 09:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Happy Thanksgiving! I’m planning a February trip to Mesa, AZ for my son’s wedding. Hope to get south as quickly as possible and go through Las Cruces and back up through Safford. Booked campsites already.
Also hoping to keep mice out I bought fresh cab and two 12 volt ultrasonic repellers, one for the engine compartment and one for the inside. Will wire a 12 volt plug to that one. Also Peppermint rodent repeller spray for around the tires. Had mice in the house this year so worried about the rv.
Staying home through the holidays though. Although we are taking a little vacation without the rv after Christmas.
I added lithium batteries and a lithium converter and 360 watts of solar and an inverter. I’m not sure about winter charging of the lithium battery. The battery management system is supposed to stop charging at 32°. I bought a 120 volt battery warmer for if we get really cold weather. New stuff comes with new rules to learn. But I’m excited about these upgrades.

2018 Minnie Winnie 25b New to us 3/2021
Former Rental Owners Club #137
2003 Itasca Spirit 22e 2009-2021

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/05/21 05:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well I really hope all of you had a better Thanksgiving than mine,10th year and it was OK but pretty crazy.Wind was predicted but that is not unusual this time of year here,as Wednesday evening went on it got worse than predicted,rocking the RV as the wind was coming at 90 degree to the side of the camper.

At 2 am Thanksgiving morning there was a loud BANG.A dead tree limb had broken and hit the RV,pieces just missing the bicycles.
[image]
[image]Click For Full-Size Image.

I ran outside to check on the damage taking my Anemometer with me,with sustained winds at 25 mph and gusts to 37 and wind chill at 41 degrees I didn't stay long.
When it got light I went out to check for any damage. There was debris on the roof and the only damage was a dent about 4 inch in diameter in the roof,the TPO was scuffed and not torn,glad not to have a fiberglass roof,that would have been a mess.The 3 1/2 inch styrofoam under the TPO roofing material adsorbed the impact.

Luckily My Daughter and Son In Law live close to the campground so we packed the Turkey Cooker and all the other stuff and went there,out of the wind and warm with the family,so it all turned out very well.

The rest of the week was warm and calm.

* This post was edited 12/05/21 05:59pm by IAMICHABOD *

VoyageurUSA

NoCal

View Profile

Posted: 12/19/21 06:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good evening RVers,

New owner of a Thor 19G; and after a few trips, well, we like it ! We are heading next week to Arizona. Does anyone know a good mechanic in the bay area? Thanks

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/21/21 10:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

VoyageurUSA

Welcome to the Forum and the Former Rental Owners Club. I will add you to the list of happy owners,you will be #141 [image]

That 19G is a popular model and has been hard to come by.Did you buy it from Cruise America or a private owner?

So far no one has come forward for a good Mechanic in your area,there are a few resources to check out.One may be RV Service Reviews you may find one in your area.

I also looked looked on Yelp and found an excellent Mobil Mechanic.

I hope your Camping season and your trip to Arizona goes well.Please come on back and tell us how it all went and any experiences you might want to share with the other owners.

Again Welcome and be safe out there.

VoyageurUSA

NoCal

View Profile

Posted: 12/22/21 12:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you Iamichabod!
2018 Thor 19 G

VoyageurUSA

NoCal

View Profile

Posted: 12/22/21 09:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning Rvers,
Just received an answer from Thor Warranty support about Tire pressure. So for my 2018 Thor Majestic 19 G 55 PSI front and 80 PSI rear. 80 PSI all with Cruise America.p!

eldel

Northern Colorado

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/22/21 09:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you for that. I was wondering about the tire pressures recently as 80 psi in the fronts has always seemed high to me.

VoyageurUSA

NoCal

View Profile

Posted: 12/22/21 10:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I asked Thor why such a difference between them and Cruise America (55 to 80 and 80 seems high for me too). I will keep you posted.

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/22/21 11:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The best way to get the correct air pressure for your RV is first to get it weighed fully loaded,front and rear.

Use a chart This one.

Here is a good article on that.

Tires properly inflated to the load they carry will improve the ride,handling and tire wear.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 163  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Buying a Former Rental Class C. How many of us out there?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.