RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Toy Haulers: The Rage'n is going home!

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers

 > The Rage'n is going home!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
justALnow

Ft Myers, Fl

Senior Member

Joined: 02/02/2006

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 05/08/12 01:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

After exactly 2 years in "exile", my FSC2800 (and myself) are moving back to the house. I've been living in it full-time since the 3rd weekend in May of 2010 and she's served me well. Living in Florida, I haven't had to endure sub-freezing winter temps and I've had full hook-ups at my cousin's place for the duration, so that helped alot. I might actually still "live" in it for awhile once I move as projects continue on the house, but now I have a fullsize bathtub and a swimming pool!

I'm anxious to put her on a weight loss program and start using her as a camper again versus a domicile. Amazing how much "stuff" you can accumulate living in one fulltime. We took it camping a couple of weekends and realized that when you're in it fulltime, a camping trip is pretty much just changing the view for a couple of days.





jim87vette

Arizona

Senior Member

Joined: 07/25/2008

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 05/08/12 01:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thats a good story glad it worked out for you.My Wife and I lived in ours for a few months a couple times while working on house project(with two 100lb dogs).It got tight at times but wasnt bad for the most part.


08 GMC 3500 Dually Duramax
96 Chevy 2500 6.5
05 Yamaha Rhino
04 Gearbox 335FS 5er 14k wet

dedmiston

Valencia

Moderator

Joined: 01/26/2004

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 05/08/12 02:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That's good news, Al. Does that mean you got your house back? I hope you didn't do anything drastic to your ex.


2004.5 Dodge 2500 Diesel • 2005 Weekend Warrior FS2600 • Hooligan #3

Toys:
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Yamaha TT-R90E
The Edmistons - Our Gallery


Never forget 9-11-01 Check out our blogs @ blog.rv.net

juzplanekrazy

Riverside Ca

Senior Member

Joined: 02/18/2006

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 05/08/12 04:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thats awesome Al glad to here that part worked out for you. I've spent some time in my TH after getting it back thats for sure. When the lip service starts from the GF...I'm heading out the door hooking it up. Like the last few months :-).
Kinda like it again, come and go as I please.
Good luck on the remodel....


2008 Ford F-350 4x4 Dually
2007 38' KZ New Vision Toy Hauler
Pullrite Super5th

Drinkwater

Florida

Senior Member

Joined: 10/16/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 05/09/12 06:20am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Glad to see this Al.. Did you and the ex get back together? or did you upgrade???


1 DW 1 DS 1 DMIL & 2 dogs
2008 Ford F450 King Ranch 4x4, w/4:88's
2008 Raptor 3612
Broke, but happy!

North Florida


justALnow

Ft Myers, Fl

Senior Member

Joined: 02/02/2006

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 05/09/12 06:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dedmiston wrote:

That's good news, Al. Does that mean you got your house back? I hope you didn't do anything drastic to your ex.


Ya, Dave, got the house back. Got to keep the TH, along with the loan on it, too. (Not sure WHO won here.) The only downside is that after getting back to the house I discovered she sold off a bunch of the big stuff from my garage, probably to pay bills. Air compressor and all the tools, generator, power washer, floor jack, etc., but it's only "stuff" which can be replaced. In the meantime I have a lot more room in the garage! Life goes on.

The house is in better shape than I expected - no holes in the walls or broken windows, just dirty. Looks like the place had not been dusted or swept in 2 years, or even a light bulb changed. Ceiling fan blades are a half-inch deep with crud on the tops - they'll just come down and go straight to the trash. Yard was overgrown with 2 years of neglect. The first weekend I hauled 3 wheelbarrow loads of trash out of the back yard before I could even mow. Pool pump broke down at some point and was never fixed (needed a new $40 cap on the strainer), so the pool was a swamp - 2 inches thick of green pond scum on the top and who knows what on the bottom. One of my neighbors maintains the pools at a local country club and has taken on the project of getting mine back in shape. That's been a slow process, but it's coming along and by this weekend it should be good again. Kitchen was infested with ants from open food left in the cabinets. Several panels of screening missing from the poolcage, which I replaced last weekend. Getting the outside done for now and will continue with more cleaning and repainting inside, once I get there fulltime.

Taking this weekend "off" for my birthday!

Thanks for letting me vent,

Al

nayther

Burbank, CA

Senior Member

Joined: 03/21/2005

View Profile



Posted: 05/09/12 09:11am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Congrats Al, been watching your story since the split, glad its working out.


DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
'06 3005 Rage'n Falcon

BobWanderer

Perris,Calif,USA

Senior Member

Joined: 10/19/2004

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 05/09/12 11:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Drinkwater wrote:

Glad to see this Al.. Did you and the ex get back together? or did you upgrade ???


Now thats FUNNY


2008 GMC 2500HD 4X4 DMAX CC
2004 Thor Wanderer Wagon 247WTB
2006 TE450 Husky
2007 Rhino Sport Edition

BobWanderer

Perris,Calif,USA

Senior Member

Joined: 10/19/2004

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 05/09/12 12:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

justALnow wrote:

dedmiston wrote:

That's good news, Al. Does that mean you got your house back? I hope you didn't do anything drastic to your ex.


Ya, Dave, got the house back. Got to keep the TH, along with the loan on it, too. (Not sure WHO won here.) The only downside is that after getting back to the house I discovered she sold off a bunch of the big stuff from my garage, probably to pay bills. Air compressor and all the tools, generator, power washer, floor jack, etc., but it's only "stuff" which can be replaced. In the meantime I have a lot more room in the garage! Life goes on.

The house is in better shape than I expected - no holes in the walls or broken windows, just dirty. Looks like the place had not been dusted or swept in 2 years, or even a light bulb changed. Ceiling fan blades are a half-inch deep with crud on the tops - they'll just come down and go straight to the trash. Yard was overgrown with 2 years of neglect. The first weekend I hauled 3 wheelbarrow loads of trash out of the back yard before I could even mow. Pool pump broke down at some point and was never fixed (needed a new $40 cap on the strainer), so the pool was a swamp - 2 inches thick of green pond scum on the top and who knows what on the bottom. One of my neighbors maintains the pools at a local country club and has taken on the project of getting mine back in shape. That's been a slow process, but it's coming along and by this weekend it should be good again. Kitchen was infested with ants from open food left in the cabinets. Several panels of screening missing from the poolcage, which I replaced last weekend. Getting the outside done for now and will continue with more cleaning and repainting inside, once I get there fulltime.

Taking this weekend "off" for my birthday!

Thanks for letting me vent,

Al


Glad to hear Your getting things back in order.
As bad as it seems, it could have been much worse, sounds like you have it under control. Wishing you good luck !!

Doughboy12

Minnesota

Senior Member

Joined: 10/09/2007

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 05/09/12 12:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

justALnow wrote:



Taking this weekend "off" for my birthday!

Al


Me too...Happy B-Day to us...lol





This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers

 > The Rage'n is going home!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS