|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Snowbirds

Open Roads Forum  >  Snowbirds

> Bell Expressvu service discussion

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
toban

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 07/06/12 02:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Okay, off to Shaw we go!

Toban

Canuck Travellers

Lutes Mountain, N.B., Canada/Sebring, FL

View Profile

Posted: 07/06/12 05:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think that in our case I will wait until I am sure that;

1.) Shaw Direct's new Satellites are in place (if they are really replacing their Satellites.)
2.) Their footprint will cover the area we will be in this winter (South-Central Florida)

The investment for a new carrier is significant as we would get a PVR & three HD Receivers & is practically a throw away for the prior receivers from Bell Expressvu.

I wonder how many accounts Bell will lose & I imagine Shaw will pick up most of them.

Chevy 2500 4X4 Diesel/Allison,Retrax Tonneau,Weston Platinium Steps, Michelin 265 Skins,Prodigy Brake Controller, Garmin 60CSX, Garmin dezl560LMT & Scan Gauge 2. 2013 RBSL Kodiak. Canadian Snowbirds.

House in Tanglewood RV Resort in Sebring, Florida

michelb

Ottawa, ON, Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/06/12 07:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As discussed in other threads, Shaw has a new satellite going live in the fall. It will have have the same footprint as Bell's (I.e no US) but the old sats will remain in operation for the foreseeable future (from I've read they have about another 5 years of operation life). The new sat will carry additional programming which might be HD content (they often put that on new sats because they have space avail)

toban

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 07/06/12 08:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I talked with Shaw today. They rep said they have been notifying all their customers since May they will be receiving a new LNBF for thier dish. A new customer will receive a new receiver/dish/LNBF and will be shipped to you with the new software loaded so all new equipment will be updated and ready to go for anything this fall. I told them we would be in AZ and he said no problem. He said since we would be a seasonal account we would be required to purchase the receiver for $49.99 but would then receive a $50.00 programming credit to offset the purchase.

There was a post today from someone who said they could verify as of last tuesday in South Dakota and Minnesota the signal was lost and has the same footprint as the Bell 82 which no one gets in the southern states.

Toban

Toban

moisheh

North America

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/07/12 02:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Although Shaw will have a new bird I have not seen anything official on the footprint. Just the usual rumours that after awhile are accepted as fact. There will be a lot of sad people if this is true. This is from Telesat:
" Offers single beam coverage of entire continent in both C-band and
Ku-band"
From another forum:
The Extended Ku band is not licenced as "satellite only" in the US or Mexico. In Canada, this band will be "Satellite Only" until 2028. When G1 comes to the end of it's life, it will be replaced by a satellite operating in the Reverse DBS band with full NA beams.

Shaw is going to use G1 for mainly Canadian HD locals. Any signal that Shaw Broadcast Services can make a $ on by retransmitting will be on F1R/F2. There will be little in the way of original programming lost to southern subs unable to receive G1.
Moisheh

* This post was edited 07/07/12 02:14pm by moisheh *

don/lou

North America

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/07/12 02:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Marvin for footprint of G1 go to this site:
http://www.satlaunch.net/2011/10/anik-g1-coverages-footprints.html
Don

Don & Louise
2000 Coachman Catalina 330 MSB /F53
2008 Impala- Remco Lube Pump , Blue OX tow bar & Brake Buddy
Winegard Bell Expressview HD tv
SL3 HD- TV4RV tripod Direct HD or Dish VIP211K / external Hard drive

moisheh

North America

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/08/12 05:36am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks Don: I did find that map on lyngsat. It seems that Shaw does not have a license to use that bird beyond Canada. But everything I have read states that the new sat will be used for new channels. For instance Shaw must provide one local in HD for each province. Those will be on the new bird.

Moisheh

bob1859

canada

View Profile

Posted: 07/18/12 10:34am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dish Network has a Pay Per View program. They will rent you a dish and receivers with no contract. We took it one step further since we spend winters in Florida in our RV. We're having a Dish/Bell HD satellite dish installed on our motorhome and have bought Dish DVRs. In the summer we'll use Bell, in the winter Dish, all HD and all DVRs.

don/lou

North America

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/18/12 11:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bob1859 wrote:

Dish Network has a Pay Per View program. They will rent you a dish and receivers with no contract. We took it one step further since we spend winters in Florida in our RV. We're having a Dish/Bell HD satellite dish installed on our motorhome and have bought Dish DVRs. In the summer we'll use Bell, in the winter Dish, all HD and all DVRs.

Let us all know how this all works out-please
Thanks Don

michelb

Ottawa, ON, Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/19/12 06:43am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

don/lou wrote:

bob1859 wrote:

Let us all know how this all works out-please
Thanks Don

If you are going to get Dish in the winter, why not just use that year round (from Canada as well)? Unless you want Bell for local channels and CND content, as long as you aren't too far from the US border, you can receive Dish in Canada (you just need to give them a US address but if you register while you're in the US and you just pay your bill online or through pre-authorized, there's no reason they won't continue the account once you return to Canada).

* This post was edited 07/19/12 06:57am by michelb *

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Snowbirds

> Bell Expressvu service discussion
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Snowbirds

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS