RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Are the 2013 voltage any better than the 2011/2012's ?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers  >  Toy Haulers

> Are the 2013 voltage any better than the 2011/2012's ?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next
Sponsored By:
05hd350

Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 06/20/12 12:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm looking for some info in regards to the new voltage line toy haulers. I'm very interested in a new one but the all the stories of leaking slides and troubles getting warranty issues fixed have me scared of them. Have they improved any yet ? Please help with any and all info that you guys have, thanks Jeff

ShaneFunk

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 06/20/12 12:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ive had my 2013 3905 Epic for about a month and had it out twice now. So far, no issues with leaking slides to speak of. It rained the first weekend we took it out and after reading the threads of this issue we were worried that ours wouldnt be any different. To our suprise, no leaks! As far as warranty issues, I hopefully wont have to use it. If I do, I'm sure it wont be any different than past experiences with warranty issues. The dealers are usually the problem.

Shane

jack0351

Santee, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/20/12 01:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OP,
I've got a 2012 Voltage 3600 Epic that I picked up in March. I've been full timing in it since April, and have had very few problems. I'm taking it in this weekend for some minor work, but only because I was going to be out of town anyway. I have had ZERO leak issues from rain (but I do live in Southern CA, so it's not like there's a lot anyway), and I also have the slide toppers.

To date the only warranty work I've had done was that the wires powering the main slide came undone, and i had to have a mobile tech come out and put it back together. The dealer(Richardsons RV Menifee, CA)/Dutchmen came through with flying colors on that one.

Will let you know if I have any issues when I get back from my trip, but so far I have nothing to complain about. Most of the issues were things that you wouldn't find without living in the RV.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend a Voltage to anyone, and it would be first in line if I ever replace this one.

Dutchmen also did some custom work on mine to make it amputee friendly. It's not handicap accessible, but I've got multiple grab rails installed throughout the rig to help me at stairs and particularly in the shower. So, I will admit to being biased by a company that made a product do what I wanted/needed.

2013 Ram 3500 CCLB DRW 6.7 w/Aisin
2012 Dutchmen Voltage V3600 Toyhauler
2000 Harley FXST

sofar-sogood

West Palm Beach, Fl

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/20/12 01:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just make sure that you can find a dealer that will do warranty work nearby. Most of their dealers refuse to perform any warranty work if they didnt sell it to you.

mdmasters

Home

View Profile

Posted: 06/20/12 01:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We took delivery of our 3950 in May, has about 1000 miles so far, no leaks. Slight gap at the bottom of the main slide, dealer improved this, but I would not let them start relocating tracks on the slide, fuel gauges did not work, but that was it.

Wife and I love this one.
Over all very impressed on how few the problems have been.

Mark

2013 Voltage 3950
2009 XLR 385x12. Traded for Voltage
2004 Sierra 32 bsbh traded for XLR
2011 F450 currently 43000 flawless miles
2005 F350 srw cc sold 127000 miles
2001 F250 srw cc sold. 96000 miles

05hd350

Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 06/20/12 01:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks guys, I'm not sure about the dealer yet the wife isn't liking what she has read. However we both really like the lay out of the 3950 and is what we really want. We are also considering a Fuzion 395.

aarondeere

Maryland

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/20/12 02:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Got a 3600 back in February. So far just minor things. Took it in for a sewer flush out leak and also to put the awning brackets on for the rear awning. The black tank wouldn't fill completely but somewhere during a trip it resolved itself and has worked great since. Other than that nothing. No leaks in 1000 miles. I would look at another Voltage if I was in the market.

Aaron
2010 Dodge 3500
2012 Voltage 3600 Epic

joebedford

Sheltering at home

View Profile

Posted: 06/20/12 06:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

05hd350 wrote:

I'm looking for some info in regards to the new voltage line toy haulers. I'm very interested in a new one but the all the stories of leaking slides and troubles getting warranty issues fixed have me scared of them. Have they improved any yet ? Please help with any and all info that you guys have, thanks Jeff

Welcome to the forum. I don't like your RV either. [emoticon]

canuck 1

alberta

View Profile

Posted: 06/20/12 06:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Over 200 nights in ours and just a few minor things at the start. Good rig so far

joebedford

Sheltering at home

View Profile

Posted: 06/20/12 08:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

05hd350 wrote:

we both really like the lay out of the 3950

We really like our 2011 3950 but you're going to need a new truck too if 05hd350 is what you have now.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers  >  Toy Haulers

> Are the 2013 voltage any better than the 2011/2012's ?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.