RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: Fifth Wheel Hitch (SuperGlide)

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Fifth Wheel Hitch (SuperGlide)

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
GOrsted

Phoenix AZ

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/12 05:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FYI, just for your info in case you were not aware - Glendale RV went out of business, so any issues (hopefully there will be none) will have to be resolved by yourself or your dealer.

Glenn (Dad) & Beth (Mom)
David & Audra (the twins - 12 YO)
2006 Rockwood 8281SS
2006 Dodge Power Wagon (2500) 5.7 Hemi, auto, 4.56

rattleNsmoke

Western Conn.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/22/12 05:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you can shake the cobwebs off your brain and remember there is a fiver behind you....there's no need for an automatic slider thats heavy and tempermental. It's a good hitch, but I feel it's way over-rated and not worth the $$.
Mike

2010 Cedar Creek 34SATS (The Beast) & 20k Curt Q20 roller slider hitch
2006 Ford F350 SRW,SC Powerstroke diesel Lariat

2003 Harley Heritage Softail (Hogzilla)
and a wifey with tons of patience....

texas_train

Great State Of Texas!

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/22/12 06:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Exact hitch I have also It does exactly what its supposed to do and does it well and smoooothly! Only two things about it kind of bother me, both are related
1. It is very heavy! A chore to take out and put back in, ... But if you have to haul something, even occaisionally?!?! Then it must get taken out. (The hitch pins that hold it in, are same size and easy to find, locking hitch pins, that will secure it in truck bed, you will need at least TWO.)
2. The first time you leave it in, "Without Trailer" go around a corner then accelerate, you will think someone just rearended you!!! Then as you apply the brakes to pull over, to check it out, it will happen again!!

I usually just leave mine in the truck and bungee the "Handle" to where it can't "Twist", "If it can't twist it can't slide!!"

2012 Cedar Creek 36 RE Touring ED, all avail options
2011 GMC 2500 HD Denali DMax 4wd Superglide firestone bags
2007 Sea Ray 290 (31'1") Sundancer Dual 5.0 MPI's Bravo III's
Don and Rosie, Annie the wonder Dog
clicky to our photobook album

JIMNLIN

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/12 06:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I thought the advantage of the Titanium was because of its design a sliding hitch wasn't necessary. Any seasoned Titanuin owners out there ??

"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/12 07:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I feel that mine was worth EVERY penny ( or dollar) !! Joe

Me-Her-the kids
2009 Ford F350 SD 6.4
08 Montego Bay
Here are my pictures

TOOBOLD

CALI

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/12 07:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have you looked on Craigslist for used Pullrite? Might be worth the look.

Capvin

Hutchinson Island, Florida

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/12 07:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I really appreciate all of the comments and especially the experience you have had and the quirks. I will try and remember them. As to the real need of this type of hitch for the Glendale Titanium, you are probably correct in that it may not be completely necessary, however, I did like this hitch and it became part of the overall deal. I also liked that the slide action was automatic.

As for the fifth wheel itself, I am aware that Glendale is not making them but this one is new and never titled even though it is a 2008. I have gone through it pretty carefully and I really liked it for its size, weight and floorplan. Remember, I have been used to a trailer for many years and this is my first foray into fifth wheels.

2011 Silverado 2500HD
2008 Glendale Titanium 25e30

pcm1959

home

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/12 07:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We had a manual slider hitch for 4 years with our former truck and fiver. I got so comfortable with the set-up I very rarely ever used the slider feature. Well, with comfort comes you know what! Missed a turn one day and did a u-turn in the middle of a road. Without putting the slider back and trying to execute the turn quickly, a barely tapped the truck cab with the front cap of the fiver. It made a very slight mark on the truck cab that no one ever noticed BUT it could have been much worse as I've seen. When we got the 2011 truck and fiver, we got the Pullrite Super Glide. I love it. It is a very tight hitch with no slop or play and the convenience of always knowing you have that ever greater margin of turning and clearance. Well worth it. Get it and enjoy! Phillip

2013 Silverado 3500 DRW 4x4 Duramax/Allison
2014 Lifestyle LS36FW
Jacksonville, FL

bigjettech

Bartlett,Il

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/22/12 08:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Capvin wrote:

I have recently agreed to purchase a 2008 Glendale Titanium 25e30. As I am new to fifth wheels as part of the deal I have agreed to have the dealer put in a new fifth wheel hitch. The hitch we have agreed on is the Pull Rite Super Glide 16K automatic slider hitch. As I really know nothing (yet) about fifth wheels and their hitches does anyone have any information regarding this particular hitch.

You bought the cadillac of hitches. Exact same one I have. MOST times I can get away without a slider. BUT now I am more at ease knowing I've got all the clearance I need in any situation without having to get out and manually slide a less expensive hitch. I've never regreted the extra cost. Biggest drawback in my opinion is you have to be within 15 degrees for hookup and release but I've always managed to get that without much trouble.

2006 Silverado 2500hd duramax 4x4 - with a few mods

2006 Cherokee lite 285b+ 5th wheel

bigjettech

Bartlett,Il

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/22/12 08:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

texas_train wrote:

Exact hitch I have also It does exactly what its supposed to do and does it well and smoooothly! Only two things about it kind of bother me, both are related
1. It is very heavy! A chore to take out and put back in, ... But if you have to haul something, even occaisionally?!?! Then it must get taken out. (The hitch pins that hold it in, are same size and easy to find, locking hitch pins, that will secure it in truck bed, you will need at least TWO.)
2. The first time you leave it in, "Without Trailer" go around a corner then accelerate, you will think someone just rearended you!!! Then as you apply the brakes to pull over, to check it out, it will happen again!!

I usually just leave mine in the truck and bungee the "Handle" to where it can't "Twist", "If it can't twist it can't slide!!"

You can stop the unwanted hitch movement by adjusting the large stop bolt on the front of the hitch. It needs adjusted periodically to keep it from slamming front and back when unloaded.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Fifth Wheel Hitch (SuperGlide)
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS