RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Propane quick connect, need to T off a second quick connect

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Do It Yourself Modifications a...

Open Roads Forum  >  Do It Yourself Modifications and Upgrades (DIY)

> Propane quick connect, need to T off a second quick connect

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
Sean32

Brampton Ontario Canada

View Profile

Posted: 07/12/12 09:39am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Searched, no luck.

The rig has a female quick-connect propane port with shut off and dust cap. The rig's cooker has the male nipple to insert into. The regulator is at the tank, front left corner of the treller.

Bought a BBQ. It has a 3ft hose, regulator in the hose, and a standard QQC connection for a tank connection.

I would like to be able to connect this BBQ to the low pressure/quick connection on the trailer,but not have to disconnect the cooker.

I want to: replace the hose on the BBQ with a 10ft'er, nipple on one end, female on the BBQ end with a new BBQ controller valve with nipple on the BBQ end. I found this at Camco, part number 57609.

I still need some way to T off the rig's female port- either a brass T, or Y, with 1 nipple (male), 2 female quick connects (I cannot find that anywhere). OR, get a licenced tech to create a T using short hoses, with a nipple on the end of a 6" piece, a splitter in the middle, then 2 other 6" hoses each with a female connection on its ends.

Any ideas/help?

2009 F150 4x4 Platinum with Max Tow, Pullrite 12K slider with pins, 2010 Keystone Cougar 27SAB with aluminum rims, remote, and Polar

Francesca Knowles

Port Hadlock, Washington

View Profile

Posted: 07/12/12 04:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The tee in this kit attaches between the regulator and the tank. The extra connection is for campstove/lantern-type connections. I'm not sure what you mean by a "QQC" connection, but you might need an adapter with this setup...

Link

" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien

Sean32

Brampton Ontario Canada

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/12 08:41am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Francesca Knowles wrote:

The tee in this kit attaches between the regulator and the tank. The extra connection is for campstove/lantern-type connections. I'm not sure what you mean by a "QQC" connection, but you might need an adapter with this setup...

Link

Sorry- fat fingers- I meant QCC.

This solution would require a 20+ ft propane hose to go from the tank/this T, which is front left, to the back right corner where the rig's cooker is. Something that I wanted to avoid.

Thanks for the reply.

geysergazer

On the Road for a year or two or....

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/12 12:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You cannot do what you want to because your Grill operates on high pressure. That is why it came supplied with it’s own high pressure regulator. 11” WC is all that is available at the trailer's outside quick-connect. You will need to do something like what I did:

Lew

jhab03

Parts Unknown

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/12 11:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

geysergazer wrote:

You cannot do what you want to because your Grill operates on high pressure. That is why it came supplied with it’s own high pressure regulator. 11” WC is all that is available at the trailer's outside quick-connect. You will need to do something like what I did:

Lew

What are the parts you used here? I have the same BBQ and want to do the same set up but have been confused as to what fittings I would need.

James

BarneyS

S.E. Lower Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/14/12 06:32am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

James,
Here is a close up view of what he did. Looks to me like he just used the Extend A Flow or something very similar. It looks like a T is connected between the top tank and before the regulator. He also has a tank pressure gauge there.
Barney

* This post was edited 07/14/12 06:47am by BarneyS *

2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch
2002 Ford F250 Super Duty, 7.3L PSD
Visit our website here

geysergazer

View Profile

Posted: 07/14/12 01:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There are some more PICs and an explanation on our Blog:

http://traveldolphin.blogspot.com/2012/04/more-cooking-power.html

I started with this thing and disassembled it:

Then I installed a 1/4”NPT brass Tee between the Pigtail and the Regulator:

I can only Post 640X480 PICs here (to not hog bandwidth on a busy Forum) but if you go to the PICs on our Blog and click twice you’ll get big images wherein you can clearly see what I did. It’s one of those occasional simple ideas that actually works.

Yes, I did in effect create an ‘Extend-a-Stay’ but with an Acme connection on the third leg.

Lew

jhab03

Parts Unknown

View Profile

Posted: 07/14/12 01:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thats exactly what I needed to see.

Thanks

Sean32

Brampton Ontario Canada

View Profile

Posted: 07/15/12 08:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My bbq is low pressure, so my solution will work.

I see a regulator at your bbq, are you sure your bbq isn't low pressure as well?

If so, the regulator, in our local code anyways, MUST be at the source, or, tank. This way, if there is a hose leak, it would be low pressure gas escaping, not high pressure.

geysergazer

View Profile

Posted: 07/15/12 01:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Both ‘high pressure’ and ‘low pressure’ Propane grills require regulators. A ‘high pressure’ grill like the Coleman Roadtrip I have has a regulator on it’s inlet line that sets the pressure at 15~16PSI. A ‘low pressure’ appliance, be it a furnace, stove or Grill, uses Propane at 11”WC (a little less than 1/2PSI).

Lew

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Do It Yourself Modifications and Upgrades (DIY)

> Propane quick connect, need to T off a second quick connect
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Do It Yourself Modifications a...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS