|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Clothes Storage

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
Sponsored By:
rockhillmanor

On the Road

View Profile

Posted: 07/26/12 10:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dodge guy wrote:

I don`t bring clothes! problem solved!!!

I was surprised to see listings for 'clothing optional CG's' but I guess that would solve the lack of clothes storage in the RV's when camping if you stayed at one of those!

"We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us".

monica4patience

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 07/27/12 02:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We just moved up from a pop-up to a Keystone Outback w/ bunkhouse. All the wardrobes are just short & skinny. I bought 4 hanging sweater organizers for each of the wardrobes. They come with 6 "shelves" but only 4 are needed for the length of the wardrobe. The remaining two just lie under the bottom "shelf". Clothes are organized: shirts, shorts, long shirts, long pants. Boys each have a drawer for socks, underwear and pj's. DH and I have a shelf at top of wardrobe. I bought 4 Target itso small bins. Two for each of us to hold underwear & socks. Fits perfectly. there's enough room at the side of the hanging organizer for hanging our church clothes.

We are here for most of the summer. We each have 6 sets of clothes (shirt/shorts). On day 5, I do laundry; or when the laundry bags are full. The washers here at the campground hold a laundry bag of clothes. Laundry bags live in the bathtub.

JN_B

Calgary, Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 07/27/12 03:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We've got ample room for ourselves, but we never considered room for the kids clothes at the back. On the back wall there is only lower cabinets, so this winter I will be adding upper cabinets, and possibly something that takes up abit of bed space on the bunks. Right now, one is in a pac n play, so the upper bunk is for clothes. That'll have to change next year.

2003 GMC Sierra 1500HD SLT
2010 K-Z Spree 318BHS

camp-n-family

London, Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 07/28/12 10:01am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

I know I am repeating what other have already said, but we also put shelves in the two bedside cabinets in our travel trailer. About doubles the useful storage space in those cabinets (of course, no hanging of shirts....but it's called camping for a reason). I used wire closet shelving from Home Depot.

Did this in our old hybrid. If you install the shelves upside down, ie with the lip upwards, it keeps things in place when you travel. Worked great.

'07 Toyota Tundra Crewmax Limited
'06 Forest River Flagstaff 26BH(sold)
'13 Keystone Bullet Premier 31BHPR
Hitched by Hensley, Viewed by McKesh

ArticFox 676

West Melbourne, Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/28/12 05:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You are correct. You have to go about 30ft. to get a wardrobe closet where you can hang shirts and pants. If I take the time to iron them I'm not folding them. Take al lot of looking I keep asking the sales staff for hanging space. Hope they go back to their manufacturers and tell them there are customers asking for this.

doctor roy

Mars

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/28/12 07:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a KZ 261RK and it has a double wardrobe with four drawers under it. Also a shirt wardrobes on each side of the bed,no issue with hanging space

facory

Georgia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/28/12 07:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A lot of our hanging clothes are hung in the TV using the 'clothes hanging rod' made for vehicles. The TV, especially pickups, make great clothes closets.

2008 Cruiser RV Fun FinderXtra
Ford F150 Lariat 4x4 SuperCrew 5.4L 6.5' Bed 150" WB 3.73
Schwinn Mountain Bike

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Clothes Storage
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts