RV.Net Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Journals?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Journals?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
tniss

Middletown, PA

View Profile

Posted: 07/28/12 06:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

How many of you keep journals of your camping trips? If so what kind of information do you record? Mileage, fuel consumption and do you have a rating system for your trip? My family is looking at buying a TT and would like to have something written down so that when the kids get older they can read about what we did.

downtheroad

Pacific Northwest

View Profile

Posted: 07/28/12 06:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We do...have filled 4 of them. Mostly just the day's highlights and interesting/memorable events, people, sights, things to do....
We also write down brief campground info so that if we come back we can remember favorite sites, good area restaurants, etc.

Don't keep mileage or fuel costs...just don't care.
We always write in our journal in the evening before bed. They are fun to go back and read...."Oh ya, remember that day," kind of stuff.

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."
GMC Duramax LBZ
Komfort
Reese Dual Cam HP
Our Rig Picture...CLICK HERE

Us out West

Let's see...last night we stayed in......

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/28/12 06:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We just like to take photos of our travels and add comments when we feel necessary.
Keep all these in our PhotoBucket site.

When we go back and reminisce the memories of each trip always come back...even at our age.

The other things, as mentioned, usually found in a written journal we really don't care about...but that's just us.

Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)

36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel

jjjandrbaker

San Antonio, TX

View Profile

Posted: 07/28/12 06:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I take lots of pictures on each trip and post them to Photobucket. I also post to my blog about each trip. Even though I have some friends who read it, and it is available to the public, I write it for me. Sometimes, I go back and read one to remember the trip better.

Jim Baker
San Antonio, TX
travel blog and photos

Johnworth914

USA!

View Profile

Posted: 07/28/12 06:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DW has since day 1. Kind of neat to look back over the years. Basic info, campground, site# price, activities. Just a few lines.

Alaska is next! Still trying to fit the pontoons to the RV so We can get to Hawaii!

Us out West

Let's see...last night we stayed in......

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/28/12 06:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jjjandrbaker wrote:

I take lots of pictures on each trip and post them to Photobucket. I also post to my blog about each trip. Even though I have some friends who read it, and it is available to the public, I write it for me. Sometimes, I go back and read one to remember the trip better.

Thought about doing a personal blog/website (I own one of the most trafficked Green Bay Packers websites) but that is more work than I care to do now.

Just enjoying the travels, more local Nevada and California right now until the wife finally retires in December, and then we really 'head on down the road'.

Desert Captain

Tucson

View Profile

Posted: 07/28/12 07:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My bride journals every trip in great detail. Much of what she records is our mileage, engine/tranny temps (courtesy of our Scan Gauge) and travel times which gives me a wealth of very accurate data. We meet wonderful folks everywhere we go and her journals help us keep in touch.

missourijan

Reno until December

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/28/12 07:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I track how many miles we travel each day, the highway we traveled on, where we stay, what we paid, some basics about the cg, what tourist activities we did, also just a few lines.

Dick_B

Palos Heights, IL USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/28/12 08:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This has been discussed previously. Search this Forum for `journal' and read on.

Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two bikes (both Electric Schwinn's with motor assist)

Camper Mama Bear

New Jersey

View Profile

Posted: 07/28/12 08:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

for the "big" trips I may jot down some additional notes of costs or miles. otherwise we take lots of pictures, at the end of the year I make a photo book of just our RV trips, in that I put the place we went, the dates we were there, and any comments about what we did or what one of the kids had fun doing. I then also make a poster of the best pictures from each trip and hang it in the RV the following season. my son (5 yr) loves looking at the pictures, asking me where it was, even though he knows, and talking about what he did on that trip.

the kids get their own photo books for the year which will also have a few pictures of the trips focusing on them.

I also keep a running count on my pocket calendar of the number of nights we were out for the year. since I keep all those calendars there is a records of that as well.

Good Sam Life Members. Camping with two young children in a 2007 Pilgrim fifth wheel (278BHSS) pulled with a 2002 F350.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Journals?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS