|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Escargot

California

View Profile

Posted: 03/09/15 01:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm not a carpenter, by any means but, with a jigsaw and a screwdriver. I was able to convert this into usable space in my Sprinter. (I use the one cup Melitta coffee system for my caffeine requirements.

Coffeemaker insert above refrigerator:
[image]

Wiring behind the insert:
[image]

Dry fit:
[image]

I added aluminium brackets to each side wall and installed a shelf [image]

[image]
and a cabinet door with magnetic closure. I use this cabinet for easy access to dishes and pans.

* This post was edited 03/09/15 05:00pm by Escargot *

2006 Pleasure Way Plateau TS, MB Sprinter

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/09/15 05:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There seems to be a lot of faith put into the Command Strips adhesive. We hung a privacy curtain from three Command Strip Hooks on a wood surface in our Roadtrek. The curtain is not heavy. About mid-way through the first summer, with the heat that builds up inside the van during the day, the hooks fell off one by one. I tried three times replacing the hooks with new Command Strips. After the third try with all of the hooks, I put a screw into each hook to keep it from falling down any longer. Your results may vary - but don't put anything breakable up with one.

Roadtrek 190 Popular 2011

Meryl and Me Hit the Road

cloftus

Atlanta, GA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/07/15 05:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Very good advice. At high temps, as documented by Command Hooks, they will fall down. But when it's right, they are wonderful products. I use them first, then move to alternatives if they fail, just like "1775" stated.

hobbssb

Santa Barbara

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/07/15 08:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Command OUTDOOR hooks are rated for up to 125 degrees F. The only time when I have had a problem with them not staying put was when I didn't do a good job prepping the surface or when I was trying to get them to stick on a "not recommended" surface.

* This post was edited 06/09/15 03:10pm by hobbssb *

B-ing

BC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/18/15 10:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

After 20 years with our PW, every year I'm still making tiny changes that make life easier.

This year I bought an open plastic box about 8x6x6" from the Dollar Store. It fits in the little cupboard above the microwave where I store the plates, coffee mugs and a few little things. The box holds our 2 stemless glass wine glasses and 2 other bigger glasses that are kept in those old purple Crown Royal bags. No more worrying about them rolling around the cupboard. The cupboard has a terry towel on the bottom to help cushion movement. I have some space at the back of that cupboard for a longer box to hold the little things. Maybe by next year I'll found that.

I found our daily maps and tourist info were ending up on the floor between the two front seats. For 50 cents I picked up a small cotton shopping bag that can hook over the arm of the passenger seat.

garmp

St Louis, MO

View Profile

Posted: 06/19/15 03:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A bit late on the pick-up for this thread.
hobbssb: where did you find the slide-out mesh drawer units? Been looking all over for such for our B. Hopefully the dimensions will work for us.

Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

hobbssb

Santa Barbara

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/19/15 04:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We got the mesh drawers at Bed, Bath and Beyond. They were rather annoying to install in that little space, but they really meet our needs since they provided easy access to the back of a deep shelf. Hope they work for you, too!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2023 CWI, Inc. © 2023 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.