RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Class C Motorhomes: Chevrolet Based Class C *UPDATED AGAIN*

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Chevrolet Based Class C *UPDATED AGAIN*

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 23  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal 90713

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/30/15 07:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I agree sometimes getting good service and quality is worth the mileage but the traffic really puts a damper on it.

The drive between here and there,that I did quite a bit of,has been a real chore of late. But I will still visit the parks down there,some of my favorites.

2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental

Buying A Rental Class C

Chevrolet Based Class C

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal 90713

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/29/18 06:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It looks like Navistar will be into this market with Chevrolet. My RV was built on a Workhorse Chassis when they outsourced the Cutaway and it has some upgrades in the suspension and other things that were not on the non Workhorse ones of the same vintage,I hope that Navistar will follow suit.

They announced that they will be building the Cut Away for the RV and other markets so we may soon see more RV MFGs using the Chevy Chassis. Being that Ford will be ending the E350 and E450 in 2020 from latest reports.

sandblast

salt lake city utah

View Profile

Posted: 04/01/18 09:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

IAMICHABOD wrote:

CatchinBluegill wrote:

Thanks!

I live north of you,near My Mechanic. Ray is in Bellflower,but yes he does work on Class A Motorhomes,has a lift for them too.

IAMCHABOD
I notice your mechanic shop is close to Chris and Pitts
Yum, think about me while you are in that nice waiting room.
I will partake on my next SoCal vist.

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal 90713

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/03/18 10:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

sandblast wrote:

IAMCHABOD
I notice your mechanic shop is close to Chris and Pitts
Yum, think about me while you are in that nice waiting room.
I will partake on my next SoCal vist.

Yep just across the street.If you want old school this is the place,not like any chain BBQ place,I grew up around here and I have been going to Chris and Pitts since I was a kid.

When I go to P/U my Vehicle Ill have LUNCH first,it always puts me in a better mood when I see the bill [emoticon]

* This post was edited 04/03/18 10:44am by IAMICHABOD *

CatchinBluegill

United States

View Profile

Posted: 04/06/18 11:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Very interesting that Navistar will be doing the Chevy cutaways. While the article says that they will be built using all-GM parts, this raises the intriguing possibility of someday seeing them with a Navistar diesel, maybe the one Tiffin uses in the Allegro Breeze?

I ultimately went with a class A gasser and the only way for me from here is a diesel pusher (maybe next year?) but back when class C was still something I was considering, I liked the Chevy platform a lot better than the Ford platform.

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal 90713

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/06/18 03:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CatchinBluegill,good to hear from you again.How is that Former Rental treating you?

Yes there is a great possibility that a diesel may be in the works for the Chevy Express Cutaway. I had a promotional youtube link of a Company spokesman promoting the Chevy Express Cutaway and all of it's feature one was the option of a diesel engine. But I cannot seem to find it. Hey I saw it on the internet so it must be true [emoticon]

If you get a chance come on back to the Rental Thread and share your thoughts and experiences since you bought that Former Rental.

Oh BTW you are #58 on the list of owners which now has 100 members.[image]

cindyb7

Riverton, UT

View Profile

Posted: 04/06/18 04:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey all, I'm new to this forum so I may be posting this question in the wrong place. If so, I apologize but hey, you all probably know the answer. We know we have to be level for the fridge to work properly but does it matter if we park on a hill when we're home, not using it? We've had the RV for 10 years, just didn't have to worry about it before.

tenbear

Northern Vermont, USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/06/18 04:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cindyb7 wrote:

Hey all, I'm new to this forum so I may be posting this question in the wrong place. If so, I apologize but hey, you all probably know the answer. We know we have to be level for the fridge to work properly but does it matter if we park on a hill when we're home, not using it? We've had the RV for 10 years, just didn't have to worry about it before.

I have always understood that if the fridge is off it need not be level.

Class C, 2004/5 Four Winds Dutchman Express 28A, Chevy chassis
2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan
Camped in 45 states, 7 Provinces and 1 Territory

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal 90713

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/10/18 10:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It is nice to see at the last gathering of RV MFG that they are offering more of their products on a Chevy Chassis than they previously offered in the last few years.

Like these.

Thor Four Winds or Chateau

Coachman Concord or Leprechaun or Freelander just click on floor plans to see them

Forest River Sunseeker or Forester just click on floor plans to see them.

Jayco

Roadtrek

Leisure

Just to name a few.

* This post was last edited 09/16/19 08:17am by IAMICHABOD *   View edit history

camperdave

northern, California

View Profile

Posted: 10/02/18 07:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm searching for a 30' class C, and saw a 2007 Sunseeker 29 footer online. A quick web search pulled up the mfr brochure, and I'm curious about the weight. According to the brochure, the 2007 Sunseeker 2900 on the Ford chassis weighs 11250, and on the Chevy chassis weighs 10841. Do you know if this 400 pounds is in the chassis, or in the house portion?

I've only seen one Chevy C in person, it was a Fleetwood 29v. To my eye, the coach portion of that motorhome was identical to the Ford version I've also seen. I'm leery of the Chevy because of the lower GVWR, but the extra footroom is appealing to me (and mostly my wife). If the brochure is real numbers, it means there is 1459 pounds between dry weight and GVWR. With our family and water+gas (~1270 pounds) that only leaves 190 pounds for all of our stuff. That's not much. As I think it through, I don't see this one working for us. I think to go Chevy I need to restrict it to a newer model with the 14k chassis.

But my question remains, is the chevy chassis really 400 pounds lighter than the Ford?

2004 Fleetwood Tioga 29v

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 23  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Chevrolet Based Class C *UPDATED AGAIN*
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.