RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Class C Motorhomes: Chevrolet Based Class C *UPDATED AGAIN*

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Chevrolet Based Class C *UPDATED AGAIN*

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 23  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/12/12 10:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wildkats66
Congraulations on your new rig,it looks like a really nice one.

Also welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy your time here,there is a lot of good information and helpful hints here on the NET.

When you get home with your new RV and had some time with it.

It would be nice to hear what you think of it and how you like or dislike any of the features of an RV on the Chevy 4500 chassis,Like fuel mileage and the ride and confort or any other things that come to mind.

I am glad that this thread has helped you in your decision on the choice of an RV. That is what all of this is all about,to share information,fact or folly and the freedom to chose what you think is the best for you.

Good Luck and Happy Motoring.

Hope to hear more.

2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental

Buying A Rental Class C

wildkats66

Colorado

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/12/12 08:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Also forgot to mention that the Chevy 4500 chassis was $2K lower in price than the Ford chassis. That helps alot for anyone purchasing a motorhome.

adamroof

Camarillo, CA

View Profile

Posted: 12/13/12 01:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just thot I would add in that the Chevy has been awesome for me. Sunseeker 2250 on the Chevy 4500 chassis. Leg room was the key for 6'4 and rounder in the middle than most. Plus its a rear slide so there is driver side room to lean back toward dinette instead of the slideout wall.

Registered 12mpg couple weeks ago, I feel that I can get better on longer trips. The power feels great.

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/13/12 02:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nice rig adamroof,small but nicely done.
You may want to try something that I did on mine to give it more room.

I installed a swivel seat in the passenger side and that really opened it up. See it here

Mine is small too, a Tioga 26Q with the rear Queen bed but this made it a lot more roomier.

When your a bit larger than most like me @ 6'6'' and 225 it is nice to have that extra legroom that a Chevy has and more room to stretch out where ever you can get it.

snowdance

State of Jefferson

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/14/12 05:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

One thing I like about our Chevy is room to put both of my size 13 feet down on the drivers side floor at once. Could not do that in the tiny Ford floor space for the driver.. Also enjoy being able to streach out and on ours recline the seat back for comfort while driving.

Snowdance

We spent most of our money traveling... Just wasted the rest..

Chevy 7.4 Vortex
2000 Jamboree 23b Rear Kitchen

http://www.flickr.com/photos/snowdance38

adamroof

Camarillo, CA

View Profile

Posted: 12/14/12 09:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes snowdance, same 13's here, amazing that Ford neglected road trip comfort for the driver. Each Ford I sat in while looking was making me feel like not buying a motorhome. Then sat in the Chevy. Heaven and checkbook.

And as for IAMICHABOD and his swivel seat... OMG OMG OMG YESSS!!! That is exactly what i need to do! OMG OMG I cant wait to get that started, is it Friday yet? YES IT IS!!!!

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/14/12 10:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Adamroof or anyone else I just posted some new pictures of the mod

Here

If you are interested on how the seat looks swiveled from the side.

dleslie125

Southern Ontario/Palmetto FL in Winter

View Profile

Posted: 12/14/12 11:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

adamroof wrote:

Yes snowdance, same 13's here, amazing that Ford neglected road trip comfort for the driver. Each Ford I sat in while looking was making me feel like not buying a motorhome. Then sat in the Chevy. Heaven and checkbook.

And as for IAMICHABOD and his swivel seat... OMG OMG OMG YESSS!!! That is exactly what i need to do! OMG OMG I cant wait to get that started, is it Friday yet? YES IT IS!!!!

The sure has not been our experience at all. You might try the seat adjustment mechanism and move it back if it was too far forward. [emoticon]

We had a BIGGER Chev yet before (Kodiak) and we (DW and I) actually find we prefer the Ford cab. The footwell on the co-pilot side is narrower, but nothing like the Pontiac Safari was. DW says she has lots of room. Different strokes for different folks. OH, and ours came with swivel seats in the front.

2011 Itasca Impulse 26QP Silver Toad 2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited
New W-I Class C Yahoo Group
07 Jayco 32SS Kodiak 8.1 • 06 HR Amb 40PLQ ISC • 04 Winnie Jrny 39W CAT • 2000 Triple E CDR F53
Member Super C RV Group

adamroof

Camarillo, CA

View Profile

Posted: 12/14/12 11:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dleslie125 - And how tall are you? 6'4 or over? And your feet are 13 wides or bigger? Thanks for insulting me, of course I know theres a seat adjustment.

IAMICHABOD, thanks for the updated photos, that looks pretty awesome, even tho it will sit a bit lower than the dinette, that is going to be a great addition to seating as i dont have the solo recliner or other couch. Im giving them a call here in a bit. Do I just tell them the Chevy 4500 cutaway chassis and they will know, or should i grab some measurements?

* This post was edited 12/14/12 11:41am by adamroof *

adamroof

Camarillo, CA

View Profile

Posted: 12/14/12 11:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

IAMICHABOD - also, what windshield cover did you go with? Mines the 2012, so the adco and camcos dont list my year, and i tried one that kinda fit, but was so p**spoor quality that i returned it and trying a different one now... http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008RQ4........_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&smid=A14JGSR8WSNT54

(i bring this up because Chevy windshield covers are almost NEVER in stock, not even Camping World, because Ford is the more prominent model, some things for the Chevy are hard to find)

* This post was edited 12/14/12 11:37am by adamroof *

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 23  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Chevrolet Based Class C *UPDATED AGAIN*
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.