|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Trip Report: A Downeast New Years

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
dakonthemountain

Crestline, California

View Profile

Posted: 01/16/13 08:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What a beautiful trip!!!! You sir, are a much braver soul than I though! Thank you for sharing your trip with us, and as noted, you are a good writer! [emoticon]

Dak

2018 GMC Denali "Extreme" and 23' EVO 2050T Travel Trailer
Escapee member #224325-Since 1992

Bigfootchevy

Bancroft, Ontario, Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/16/13 09:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Excellent, thanks for sharing.

Paul

spacedoutbob

SF Bay Area

View Profile

Posted: 01/17/13 12:17am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Great Trip Report and Photos, Thanks for posting, I haven't been to Acadia in more than 22 years, of course it wasn't cold when I visited in September 1990. Beautiful place to visit.

Bob in Calif.

Good Sam Club Life Member

DiscoChicken

Lawrenceville, GA

View Profile

Posted: 01/17/13 01:06am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Excellent prose and pics! Thanks for the TR!

Adventurer/Ford

sf3291

La Mesa, CA

View Profile

Posted: 01/17/13 01:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nice photos. Winter camping (with snow) in remote and scenic spots is always something special for me.

Commendable effort in getting out there and doing it!

2007.5 Dodge 6.7L 3500 SRW, SWB 4x4
2007 Outfitter Apex 8

mark_be

Belgium

View Profile

Posted: 01/17/13 03:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That looks FAN---TASTIC!!!! Wonderful views and pictures. Wish I was there.

2001 Ford F350 7.3 Diesel (DRW Crew cab Long bed)
Sonnax TQ and Sonnax 4R100 rebuild - 6.0 transmission cooler and OTW cooler.

2011 Arctic Fox 992 - 2.5kW propane generator - 315AH Trojan batteries - 2kW pure sine wave inverter - 140Wp solar

iwon415

Northern California

View Profile

Posted: 01/17/13 05:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Great trip report and pictures! Glad you survived. Only takes seconds in winter conditions to have a different outcome!

freeskier125

Bay Area, NH

View Profile

Posted: 01/18/13 02:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks everyone for the positive response. It's my first attempt at making a decent TR and I think it came out fairly well for being quickly thrown together. It could have been re-edited and refined over time making it more well rounded but like I mentioned, I have to get my shizzle together and start a new chapter in my book of life.

Also; I only recently became aware of a 'retired' man, the Grand Whazoo, (I grew up listening to Zappa) who set the bar for how camping, or any other experience, could and should be shared. One day I found myself laying on the couch really hungover, reading the tales of one's most excellent adventures, and being flabbergasted that there are "old guy's" out there shredding harder than I do. It almost completely changed how I looked at truck camping and the responsibly posting on the interweb. The Dude took time to thank and respond to just about anyone who complemented the trip. I don't believe I've seen that on ANY other forum, let alone the marvelous narration, complimenting all of the wonderful photos. It is pretty awesome.

So I feel obligated to respond to anyone who took their time and left a good word about my trip. I'm glad I could share the adventure with other people who appreciate the TCing experience, and thanks again for reading!

Buzzcut1 -- Cool indeed. Bundled up in the day with the sun-a-shining, it wasn't all that bad. Either way, it was still a tit-bit-nippley.

NCWriter -- I should have added "continental" but I forgot to edit it in before I posted the story. St. Croix looks/sounds like a wonderful place to spend some time and bring in any New Year, or Millennium! Not so sure I'll be able to say the same, only 360,475 more days!

Tiger4x4RV -- It is beautiful with the grass and flowers whispering in a gentle breeze. There is plenty of opportunity for adventure in any season, just depends how adventurous you're feeling!

Jeff and Kelli -- It's always a treat when you don't have to work and are able to get out and enjoy what Jack Frost brings. Thanks.

Crazy Creek -- Actually, no one has ever mentioned that, thank you for the well put compliment. I can only hope to continue sharing my experiences while traveling, maybe with a better camera and an improved phraseology.

ticki2 -- You got me, but some nights you have to admit defeat and take what falls in your lap. I've been over both bridges numerous times but had no idea about the observatory. Probably a pretty neat spot. I'll be sure to take a little of NH where ever I may roam.

the tc life -- This was my first winter trip and if your feeling rugged enough, you can travel, camp, and explore in just about any season or weather conditions. Just about....

fatmanobx -- Chilly but beautiful, and in winter things seem to quiet down so there are usually less "tourists" to deal with. Good luck with your travels.

kohldad -- Only people with common sense put their pop-up TC's away for the winter. Snow and freezing temps only hurt the unprepared, not sure I should be the one talking though...

Dak -- I may be young and have no idea what I'm doing, but I ain't scured. I hope that over time with other worthy stories and pictures, I'll gain a little respect and some credibility to my name. Thanks!

Paul -- You're welcome, hopefully there are more to come.

Bob in California -- I was still crawling around in diapers back in 1990 [emoticon] While the city's and town's have changed, Acadia has not and it only becomes more accessible and well manicured.

DiscoChicken -- Thanks for reading and the compliments. It was a blast!

sf3291 -- I find that people have a soft spot for remote and scenic pictures, maybe the solitude it brings, and a foot of fresh pearly white snow only adds to it. Thanks for the praise.

mark_be -- Hello and thank you from New Hampshire. It was quite enjoyable and I hope you get the chance explore this beautiful country, especially the north east some day.

iwon415 -- You're right, one mistake and it could be over. Thankfully someone's watching over me and gives me the chance(s) to keep on truckin. At some points, I could only stand outside for no more than a couple minutes before retreating back to the truck.

And to Wayne the moderator -- Sometimes pictures have too much to reveal for a 640 width! Thank you for adjusting though, would have been a pain in the butt to do it one by one.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Trip Report: A Downeast New Years
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.