RV.Net Open Roads Forum: New "Advanced" Class B

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Open Roads Forum  >  Class B - Camping Van Conversions

 > New "Advanced" Class B

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
gerrym51

unknown

Senior Member

Joined: 07/31/2007

View Profile



Posted: 01/17/13 11:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bobojay5 wrote:

Davydd wrote:

The Advanced RV genesis was the Great West Van Legend. Mike Neundorfer bought a Legend just after I bought mine. He put in a lot of requests that Mike Ellis at the time acceded to which subsequently got incorporated into the Legend EX. Neundorfer then decided to start up Advanced RV. When Great West Van was sold, Mike Ellis went over to Advanced RV. I was their first visitor last May when the Ocean One was but a recently delivered cargo van. The design work was ongoing at the time and was being done on a CAD program called Solidworks. The company has a lot of design and engineering expertise. They picked my brain and took my suggestions and it appears quite a few translated well sprung from the Legend. Right now they may be a step above the Legend EX. If I were to buy another B, Advanced RV would be at the top of my list knowing they would be able to work with you to get exactly what you desire.


David on another forum yesterday I was told in no uncertain terms that Mike Ellis was never "involved" in Advanced RV except as a consultant.
This was by Neundorfer himself.

I agree, they have a really nice unit, but wonder about the $$$



ellis may be not but he was prominently displayed in early videos

gerrym51

unknown

Senior Member

Joined: 07/31/2007

View Profile



Posted: 01/17/13 11:48am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

i watched the video. looks great and i'm sure is great.

but it is probably expensive.

i think more practical functionality and lower price(probably) from sportsmobile

sportsmobile's underfloor air conditioner system can guarantee stealthiness

Jayco254

Eastern Missouri

Senior Member

Joined: 03/20/2009

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/17/13 11:54am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Is this what they call a B+ or is there such a thing? I've heard yes and no.


Tom, Kathy, Nikki, & Kelly
Pets: Lady - Texas Heeler, Dinger - Rhodesian Riidgeback Mix
2008 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4x4 5.4 ci 3.73 gears
2008 Dodge Ram SLT Big Horn 4x4 5.7L Hemi 3.92 gears
2007 Jayco Jayfeather EXP 254
Husky W/D, P-3


bobojay5

Eastern Kansas

Senior Member

Joined: 01/02/2007

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 01/17/13 12:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jayco254 wrote:

Is this what they call a B+ or is there such a thing? I've heard yes and no.


No such thing as a B+. It's strictly a marketing term some dealers use


Bob & Sharon
Eastern Kansas
2013 Winnebago ERA 70A
Class B Van

Davydd

Minnesota

Senior Member

Joined: 11/27/2005

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/17/13 04:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bobojay5 wrote:

Jayco254 wrote:

Is this what they call a B+ or is there such a thing? I've heard yes and no.


No such thing as a B+. It's strictly a marketing term some dealers use

It's a Mercedes Benz Sprinter van. It's more a B (van conversion) than most Chevy and Fords that rip off the back half and replace with fiberglass or rip off the roof and put a fiberglass topper on, IMO.


Davydd
2015 Advanced RV Ocean One Class B
Visited states in an RV


Davydd

Minnesota

Senior Member

Joined: 11/27/2005

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/17/13 04:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bobojay5 wrote:

Davydd wrote:

The Advanced RV genesis was the Great West Van Legend. Mike Neundorfer bought a Legend just after I bought mine. He put in a lot of requests that Mike Ellis at the time acceded to which subsequently got incorporated into the Legend EX. Neundorfer then decided to start up Advanced RV. When Great West Van was sold, Mike Ellis went over to Advanced RV. I was their first visitor last May when the Ocean One was but a recently delivered cargo van. The design work was ongoing at the time and was being done on a CAD program called Solidworks. The company has a lot of design and engineering expertise. They picked my brain and took my suggestions and it appears quite a few translated well sprung from the Legend. Right now they may be a step above the Legend EX. If I were to buy another B, Advanced RV would be at the top of my list knowing they would be able to work with you to get exactly what you desire.


David on another forum yesterday I was told in no uncertain terms that Mike Ellis was never "involved" in Advanced RV except as a consultant.
This was by Neundorfer himself.

I agree, they have a really nice unit, but wonder about the $$$

Mike Ellis was very much "involved" last May and more than as a consultant was my impression and he was pretty much the point man in all the videos they were initially putting out. What his status is today, I don't know. I really haven't kept up with developments other than to get the Advanced RV newsletter and read their website. So, since May, I am not any more privy to any information than isn't available to anyone else.

H345

Florida

Senior Member

Joined: 07/25/2004

View Profile



Posted: 01/17/13 05:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

.

Mike Ellis was very much a key player from the beginning , and I was privileged to have conversations with him and several team members during the Industry Day on Tuesday . They
are very much in focus with customer desires , and have several on-going ideas that are not yet on the prototype model .

Mike Neundorfer , the CEO , is an avid Class B owner , and has first hand experience in the use and
testing of their products . He was answering questions , demonstrating systems and was available for anyone with a question . He also knows his competitors products and will discuss the advantages without talking negative about other products . He and his staff are a class act , like their new " Ocean One " .

.

thejsofa

philadelphia pa

Full Member

Joined: 02/19/2004

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 01/19/13 09:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've e-mailed with this designer. Maybe a tip or two about hi-fi, my field. He was a designer for Great West Van before starting his Ohio company.Has some good ideas, for sure.

RobertRyan

Australia

Senior Member

Joined: 03/16/2008

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/19/13 04:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just a Question are sliding Fly/Bug Screen doors unusual in the US? Got that impression looking at the video.
Every Motorhome/ Caravan etc has them here.
[image]

loving retirement

SF Bay Area

Senior Member

Joined: 06/30/2006

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/19/13 05:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mlts22 wrote:

I read $150k somewhere, but could be wrong.

I'm all for another class B maker, but they seem to be mentioning relatively minor items like solid wood cabinets, the built in screen door, the ability to install an AppleTV, and some other bells and whistles, I don't see anything that makes their vehicles stand out from Airstream or Roadtrek other than the higher trim level....

I believe your quote on the price may well be right on because what caught my attention was "we are only going to make 50 a year."

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class B - Camping Van Conversions

 > New "Advanced" Class B
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.