|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Exterior bay TV installation

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
TheCoach

Central Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 03/28/13 01:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a 2007 Country coach. I would like to put a TV in the exterior bay on the passenger side. The bay that has hookups for the TV, power and phone also has a slide out tray. I am sure that some of you have done this and I would like to see a photo of what you have done. I realize that I can get to the slide out from the driver’s side door of the same compartment. I did do a search and found several setups but would like to see some other ideas.

Thanks in advance for the reply
Dick

2007 Country Coach

Effy

NC

View Profile

Posted: 03/28/13 02:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thought about. But at a show I saw something that was becoming popular on TT's. Most flat screens in the RV are mounted on hanging mounts . A lot of newer TT's are coming with the hanging mount on the outside too. All you have to (aside from the cable and electric) is take it out of the RV and hang on the mount outside. I am sure you could rig a bracket in a bin. This way you save the cost of one TV as well as having one permanently in a bin that it wasn't really designed for. I plan on doing this on mine. All I need is to buy the same mount.

2013 ACE 29.2

TechWriter

On The Road

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/28/13 02:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rdesign wrote:

I have a 2007 Country coach. I would like to put a TV in the exterior bay on the passenger side. The bay that has hookups for the TV, power and phone also has a slide out tray.

I tried putting a basement TV on a slideout tray and it tends to be a cable nightmare as you must make provision for cable movement when the tray slides in and out.

I ended up mounting a TV in a compartment that had no tray. Much easier.

2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP
Full Timer since May 2013
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

TheCoach

Central Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 03/28/13 03:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TechWriter wrote:

rdesign wrote:

I have a 2007 Country coach. I would like to put a TV in the exterior bay on the passenger side. The bay that has hookups for the TV, power and phone also has a slide out tray.

I tried putting a basement TV on a slideout tray and it tends to be a cable nightmare as you must make provision for cable movement when the tray slides in and out.

I ended up mounting a TV in a compartment that had no tray. Much easier.

Yes, I thought about that because I have a bay just to the right. The only problem I could see would be the fact that that bay is very close to the edge of the awning. I sit outside in a light rain all the time. Up to now I would spend the time reading. I just thought
it might be nice to watch something on the TV while the DW is watching
some game show [emoticon]

My cable and power connections would be about 2 feet long. The connections are just above where the TV would go. I cannot see a problem with the tray??

Dick

Mremdal33

PA

View Profile

Posted: 03/28/13 04:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

I stole this pic off of DIY RV. They have some other mounting ideas and info about the different types of mounts. But this was the only pic mounted in the bay.

doc brown

Redondo Beach, CA,

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/28/13 05:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Did it in my 2004 CC, in the first bay on passenger side. I also have a stereo system in there. I will try and send pics as an attachment in a PM. Sorry, not good at putting pics on this site.

Steve,Kathy and Josh
Morpheus(Basenji)at Rainbow Bridge
2004 40' TSDP Country Coach Inspire DaVinci
350 Cummins, 3000 Allison
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S, Air Force One Braking, Blue Ox

TheCoach

Central Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 03/28/13 06:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

doc brown wrote:

Did it in my 2004 CC, in the first bay on passenger side. I also have a stereo system in there. I will try and send pics as an attachment in a PM. Sorry, not good at putting pics on this site.

I agree on posting photos on this site. I am sure for some it's very simple but I always seem to have a problem. If you think this one is difficult try the Country Coach Owners Forum on Yahoo.

I sent you a message with my email address

Thanks
Dick

Ivylog

Blairsville, GA and WPB, FL.

View Profile

Posted: 03/28/13 07:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Maybe this is it:
I made a mounting bracket (presidential rig) that mounts on the Joey Bed slider that lets me have a TV bigger than 19" I started with. I hate to admit how long it took me to figure out how to have a bigger TV.[emoticon] The opening of my largest bay would not allow a 32" LCD in/out except laying flat. After sliding the bed out 2' I can rotate the TV from flat, with the screen facing up, to vertical. I can then slide it back so the door shades the screen so it can be seen in direct sunlight. Bracket is made out of 3/4" galvanized angle which is hard to weld, but had it on hand. In the picture below you can see that the bay opening is not very high so only a 19" tv would fit standing up.
[image]

Yea, those welds are not the best I've ever done.
[image]
As you can see here, the opening is not as tall as the door.

[image]

This resulted in very little loss of storage. I would recomend a LCD with a matte screen for less glare outside. Also, you can probably find a 37" LED with bottom speakers that will fit as I already had the 32".
Actually I've already replaced the 32" with a 40" led TV.

This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.

08 HR Navigator 45'
Sold 04 Dynasty after 14 great years.
How I tow.
Towing a Prius without a dolly
How I spend the winter.

TheCoach

Central Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 03/28/13 08:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

IvyLog..

Very clever idea. I think that would be called thinking out of the box. I would really like to keep it in the bay. I know that would limit the size, but I can live with that. This entire project started
since my DW and I have completely different viewing habits. I love
Nascar, football, R rated movies and Fox News all of which send her screaming out of the room.

Nice setup...

Dick

Ivylog

Blairsville, GA and WPB, FL.

View Profile

Posted: 03/28/13 08:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Between the awning and under the open door shading it plus a matte finish on the TV's screen it makes for a very good picture. In the last picture above the TV can be slid back to where it's just outside of the bay. The new LED's are so thin and light that I'd highly recomend getting one, but with a matte finish so there is no glare. I even sanded the outside of the smooth perimeter of the TV to cut down on the glare from that smooth/reflective finish.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Exterior bay TV installation
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS