|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Open Roads Forum  >  Class B - Camping Van Conversions  >  General Topics

> First Ram Promaster van class B

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
mumkin

Chaska, MN/Mesa, AZ

View Profile

Posted: 05/01/13 07:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm not sure if RobertRyan is using American or Australian definitions of a "B." (a discussion we had a long time ago here).

Whatever... it will be fun to see what new options appear with the new platforms!![emoticon]

Mumkin
2021 Promaster 1500 188wb conversion
2019 Roadtrek Simplicity SRT (half Zion/half Simplicity)
2015 Roadtrek 170
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme

mlts22

Austin, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 05/01/13 09:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

From what friends across the pond say, I think we will end up with Sprinters always being the flagship class B chassis, just because of the name. After that, it is a toss-up between Ford and Dodge, with Dodge having a lead as these vans are only a few months from hitting the US roads, while Ford's offering is still about a year away.

As for being a Fiat van, with Sergio Marchionne at the helm, he has done a lot to improve things. I remember when Dodge vehicles got an interior upgrade a few years back (2011 and newer). Another nice thing is the technology availability across the board to the company, be it a Chrysler or a Ferrari.

I'm actually excited about this, because it will bring some interesting competition... and some new styles of rigs. I'd love some that are pictured on the Ducato chassis (as per fiatcamper.com.)

RobertRyan

Australia

View Profile

Posted: 05/01/13 11:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Arizona Kid wrote:

So are you saying it started off as a Van like the PW?

Yes that is correct and they ,Trakka modified the body.

RobertRyan

Australia

View Profile

Posted: 05/01/13 11:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mlts22 wrote:

From what friends across the pond say, I think we will end up with Sprinters always being the flagship class B chassis, just because of the name.

Difficult one to call on that. I know Adida, Sunliner use the Ducato and the more substantial IVECO Daily as their basis for a European derived C(Ducato is used as a B base). The Sprinter and VW Crafter are primarily B's.

arvie

michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/02/13 07:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There is a video on Utube. Price is $84,000 and the bed can be hinged up for storage . Looks like it has a large refrigerator but no pictures of the bathroom yet.

arvie

michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/02/13 07:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There is a second video showing a wet bath similar to the ERA.

topless

Wichita, KS

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/02/13 08:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's a Fiat, that's all I need to know.

georgelesley

Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/02/13 08:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

arvie wrote:

There is a video on Utube. Price is $84,000 and the bed can be hinged up for storage . Looks like it has a large refrigerator but no pictures of the bathroom yet.

Ok guys, how do I find the videos on youtube?

George 20 yr USAF & Lesley

mumkin

Chaska, MN/Mesa, AZ

View Profile

Posted: 05/02/13 09:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mlts22 wrote:

From what friends across the pond say, I think we will end up with Sprinters always being the flagship class B chassis, just because of the name.

IMHO, Sprinter has nowhere near the name in the US that it does because of MB in Europe. And because MB has done a horrendous job since the "divorce" of providing dealers and service availability, I think Ford and the new Chrysler vans will push Sprinter out as quickly as the RV converters can get up to speed.

The availability of service facilities nearly everywhere ... quickly... will kill the Sprinter with its not uncommon need of 200-400 miles tows when you have a serious problem... and 200 mile drives to find a place to change your oil - or any warranty issue - in much of the country. (the number one reason that I don't own a Sprinter based RV)

Sunnygirl

IL

View Profile

Posted: 05/02/13 10:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

George, search for Travato in youtube, and then put in the filter so that it only shows you videos from the last week (the videos were posted May 1 by wallywinnebago). When I initially searched for Travato I didn't find it, but when I put the filter in they were the first two that came up.

The videos give limited views of the kitchen and bath so you can get a sense for those areas. I liked how the bed hinged up in the back, so you could store bikes or other large items (subject to the puny CCC, of course). However, I'd still like to get the bed dimensions - both beds look pretty small. I don't like the front dinette area at all. I need to be able to seat more than 4 people on the road, so this floor plan wouldn't work for us, but it sounds like there will be more floor plans. Hope springs eternal for something that works.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class B - Camping Van Conversions  >  General Topics

> First Ram Promaster van class B
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.