|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> The Emotions in a TC

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 11  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Harleybullet

Holbrook, NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/27/21 02:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well guys this thread strikes very close to home. A lot of medical problems for the last 2 years and we sold the Harley and the AF 1150, 2005. We used it and beat it to death on roads where billy goats would not go, took a toll on the body but the cummins diesel on my 99 Ram 4x4 will run for another few years. If my heart and spine ever clear up which is happening slowly, very slowly; we will be looking at a small TT with the idea that when the truck goes I could replace it with a mid size SUV.
Looking at a Lance 1475 TT with lounge chairs instead of the dinette and set up for boondocking with more solar, genset, softstart AC. The real problem is there no stock at the dealers to see any models... The big Hershey Pa RV show is opening in Sept. and we hope to see something there.
I am even thinking of a Ural motorcycle with a side car (Harley 2 wheels a little too heavy at this time for me) THE URAL is 2 wheel drive w/ reverse, I could make a deck on the Ram and take it to the desert....now the question is; will my wife get in it !!! Time will tell. Hi Sleepy, Kerry and Photomike... see you down the road.

Supercharged111

Colorado Springs, CO

View Profile

Posted: 06/27/21 07:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SpknTC wrote:

run100 wrote:

SpknTC wrote:

So I've come full circle and couldn't be happier!!! I love everything about truck campers!

Here's a few pics... enjoy!!

[image]

We have a photo of our truck & camper in that same exact spot!

I was passing through hooking up with friends in Colorado. Geocaching actually brought me to this spot and the photo op was the icing on the cake! [emoticon]

That's in CO? Spill the beans! Where is it?

2007 Lance 1131
1997 GMC K3500 crew cab supercharged dually

TxGearhead

Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/28/21 05:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Y'all know what they say about truck campers:
Too small for more than 2 people on a long trip, too much hassle for a long weekend.
We have a 40ft 5th wheel and the Bigfoot. They both have advantages. The 5th is a pain going down the road...have to use truck stops for fuel, have to be very selective about stopping for lunch. I worry about Chinese tires and bearings. But once we get somewhere it's great. The Bigfoot has its' issues.
I have to get the plywood out of the barn and drag the rubber mat in the bed. Very stressful loading...only 3/4" clearance between jacks and fenders. The refrigerator is tiny, the closet is tiny. It's basically "MY" camper. The wife has never set foot in it and never wants to. It's great for a mans fishing or racing vacation. I'm prepping it now for a racing trip to Knoxville Iowa and Springfield Illinois. There are advantages to the wife hating it.

2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

NRALIFR

Truck Camping Out West

View Profile

Posted: 06/28/21 08:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just returned from a week out with the boss and my granddaughter. We spent some time at Table Rock Lake near Branson, MO. The lake has been very high, and this site had been covered with water just a few days before we got there. They had just gotten it cleaned up and opened, so we snagged it. [emoticon]

The site next to us in the background is still closed because the power post is still in the water.

[image]

[image]

[emoticon][emoticon]

jimh425

Western MT

View Profile

Posted: 06/28/21 08:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

NRALIFR wrote:

Just returned from a week out with the boss and my granddaughter.

Looks like a great place!

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 Dbl Slide, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Air Bags, Toyo M655 225/19.5 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 11  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> The Emotions in a TC
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.