|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> slide out fuse

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
AnEv942

CA

View Profile

Posted: 08/05/13 12:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just an FYI. I searched around but didn't find info on fuse for slideout. I was contacted where possible location of fuse for slide out by fella that has a similar camper to mine, 2001, with Happijac slide mech. As I didn't know I started looking. I went thru all circuits in the panel & none of them controlled slide. I assumed must be a direct battery connection but the only other thermal circuit breakers outside of fuse panel Ive seen are for the Atwood jacks. Looking behind/under sink is a maze of wires.

No clue which might go to slide I pulled the slideout rocker switch to identify what color & size the power wire is to back trace. Our switch is in a box over rear door. The power feed on switch is white... that doesn't help-all the white wires in our camper are grounds. So I look inside behind switch hole hoping to see something where wire color changed...and there's a lil circuit board.

[image]
Had no idea it was back there. Knowing (at least you'd think) there had to be access I started to disassemble box. Unscrewed the end of the overhead box and it came off. (had no idea it came off) Setting inside was the board, reached in pulled it out and there's an auto reset fuse!

[image]

I relayed this info and he, Justin, found similar board (pic above)though his had a standard fuse. He replaced and slide is now working.

Curious I went thru our (limited) documentation.
[image]
You'd think fuse location would be identified. All that we have is the single sheet schematic for wire connections for our happijac slide mech-I always assumed this was at the motor somewhere-not on a circuit board buried inside a box behind switch. Simply had no idea. You'll note no indication of fuse on board.

I always assumed the rocker switch sent power thru one of 2 wires to motor to change direction. But switch sends power to 'lil black box that switches polarity of the motor leads.
[image]
I recorded functions, I also wrote down after going back under sink, since I found that power from battery is a blue wire, that there is an inline fuse on it before battery that I added sometime in the distant past but had forgotten. I labeled for future, if board failed slide 'could' be manually operated.

As I mentioned FYI only because I had no idea there was a board and a fuse on it for the slide. I don't know how relevant for newer units-

* This post was last edited 07/07/17 05:18pm by AnEv942 *   View edit history

01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> slide out fuse
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS