|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> BRP Fall Color Trip Report

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
dadwolf2

Henderson,NV

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/25/13 12:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I REALLY like the picture below the continental divide sign. Looks like a beautiful water color (OK, I guess it really is!!)

What kind of camera is that on the tripod?

Looks like we have the same basic truck. How is it doing? Any more to that story?

2005 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD,4X4,NV5600
2014 Adventurer 86FB

seldomseensmith

Flagstaff, AZ

View Profile

Posted: 10/25/13 04:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

kohldad wrote:

With it being 300 miles home, we decide on Thursday to start heading home. May have stayed another day, but rain was in the forecast and we were tired of the fog. Seems like with the truck running great again, the shortest way isn't possible.

[image]

Just what are you trying to hide there, anyway? You got some tall mountains back east you don't want to share with us westerners, huh? [emoticon]

Looks like a great trip, and I'm sure you are relieved to have the mechanical issues behind you. Thanks for sharing.

The Road Goes Ever On

2008 F250 SD 4x4 Supercab, Detroit TrueTrac, Hellwig LP 35, 2006 Outfitter Caribou 6.5

kohldad

Goose Creek, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/25/13 06:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jmtandem; noxinnho, Camper_Jeff_&_Kelli, Markiemark32, and TraciK - thanks for the kind words. Glad y'all enjoyed it.

CueSee - I've only done a few miles here and there on the AT and at my age, I'm liking the soft bed too much to do overnights.

silversand - the time lapse was taken one frame each 6 seconds then played back at 15 fps. It's really amazing the different perspective playing it back where you can really tell the cloud movement.

the tc life - you sure would have enjoyed the few days then, there were lots of clouds every day.

BradW - Yep, officially known as the Shining Rock Wilderness Area parking lot. As a kid, back when it was a gravel road and parking lot, we would back the Franklin 11' back up to the trees. We always called it "Cold Mountain" because I can't remember a time as a kid when we didn't get at least a dusting of snow one night.

dadwolf2 - That was down in GA at the upper end of Seed Lake. Went around the corner and caught the view out of the corner of my eye. Scared Linda when I slammed on the brakes and backed up to find a place to pull over. Definitely one of the better shots of the trip. I'll drop you an email about the issues with the truck.

seldomseensmith - More a case of embarrassment on what we call mountains. [emoticon] Actually, it is a GeoCache Earth cache we were doing. Earth cache teaches folks about the natural things in the area.

2015 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew Cab SRW 6.4 Hemi LB 3.73 (12.4 hand calc avg mpg after 92,000 miles with camper)
2004 Lance 815 (prev: 2004 FW 35'; 1994 TT 30'; Tents)

GoinThisAway

middle TN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/27/13 06:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I see you're having fun with the new camera. Nice trip report. At least temps were above freezing this time. Remember the time we were up there with the Franklin and the fog had encased all the bushes on top of the mtn in ice? We've referred to it as "Cold Mtn" ever since [emoticon] And that reminds me ... when are we going to return to Frozen Head?

* This post was edited 10/28/13 07:21pm by GoinThisAway *

2008 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 25C10.4
Torklift/Fastguns/Hellwig/StableLoads

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> BRP Fall Color Trip Report
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.