|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> So I was going to hang out in the TC most of the day

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
Buzzcut1

Norcal

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/14 04:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

At least that's what I do at most of my horse show EMT standbys but it is turning out to be one of those years....

Saturday I adjust a stableload and top off all the systems and fill the fridge and load up all my EMS equipment. Sunday dawns, oh wait it doesn't it is Spring forward on the clock day and while the clock says 5am it is pitch black out like it is only 4am[emoticon].

I was doing my EMS stuff and my wife was the official scorer for the show. I'm not used to pulling into the showgrounds and needing a flashlight to deploy the leveling blocks and find the AC outlet on the side of the round pen.

I got my stuff set up and it began to get light out and snapped a few photos before I retreated to the lance to get into my Uniform, do a radio check with the show office and snap into my routine of cooking up a nice breakfast.

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

mr serious
[image]

Breakfast
[image]

I was dropping of a plate for my wife in the office about 20 minutes before the first ride when I head those dreaded words "EMT Rider down in the main warm up". 200 yards of sprinting later I was with the rider who is sitting upright (good thing) after a quick check its nothing more than a sore buttocks and a bruised ego and she goes on to compete some 30 minutes later.

Back at the Lance I toss my food into the microwave to re-heat it.

We had two competition rings and 80-90 riders it got crowded with trailers coming and going and riders everywhere.

[image]

[image]

[image]

Just before lunch break I heard those dang words again "EMT Rider down near arena two" Gear in hand I sprinted over. This time it was: do not pass go, do not get up. Helmets only help to a point but they can keep you alive. I radioed to the show office to activate the EMS protocols. This required shutting down the grounds and having all riders dismount as these guys rolled on in a few minutes later.

[image]

[image]

Within 20 minutes of hitting the round the rider was on their way to the hospital and the show resumed.

with a musical Pas de Deux no less

[image]

It has been a while since I have had a severe adrenalin dump and I stayed apmed up for over an hour then crashed hard and had to have a few cups of coffe to make it through the rest of the day.

I actually had to turn on the AC in the lance and it acrtually got warm out

[image]

the hardest job at the show, Manure patrol.

[image]

[image]

We got home at 7pm and I turned in early and slept like a brick until that 3am alarm went off and I headed off to work at Arcadia Ambulance at 4am today...for some reason my legs were sore and I was dragging all day. Of course I have my running clothes on and I am about to go put in a few miles

Oh and I got an offer to work a few more shows from folks that run other facilities that watched me work...

yep I did earn my paycheck Sunday

* This post was last edited 03/10/14 06:41pm by Buzzcut1 *   View edit history

2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 08 Lance 1055, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

cewillis

Tucson, az, usa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/10/14 05:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good work, Mr. Serious. Sometimes that's what's needed.

Cal

murphysranch

Southern Oregon

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/10/14 06:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Great pics, great dialog and way to go on helping others! Thanks for all of it!

Empty nesters
2 cats
2 cattle dogs too!

SpknTC

Pacific Northwest, Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/14 06:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Always a good thing to pick up more business. Good job!!

Ford F450 6.7L PSD DRW 4X4
Arctic Fox 865

SheepCamp

SW Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/14 08:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nothing like a set of radio alert tones in the morning to get the adrenaline pumping.
Nice job!
And for the rest of you, remember, don’t do anything that you don’t want to explain to an EMT later.

01 F350 CC SRW 7.3 Diesel
05 Lance 845
96 Jeep Cherokee, Beaches of Baja
79 Jeep CJ7, Moab Rocks

Buzzcut1

Norcal

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/14 08:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SheepCamp wrote:

Nothing like a set of radio alert tones in the morning to get the adrenaline pumping.
Nice job!
And for the rest of you, remember, don’t do anything that you don’t want to explain to an EMT later.

especially the ones at 2am for a vehicle accident or a fire. I do but I don't miss those if you know what I mean

Photomike

Southern Alberta or where the camper is parked!

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/14 09:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SheepCamp wrote:

Nice job!

X2 on the tones, really bad when you are having a weird dream and the tones go off.

X2 on the explanation as well. Better yet add in that you don't want to explain to the 911 operator and the EMT / paramedic. My daughter is a 911 operator and has had some great explanations.

2017 Ford Transit
EVO Electric bike
Advanced Elements Kayaks

Camper_Jeff_&_Kelli

Seattle

View Profile

Posted: 03/11/14 02:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Is that a Buzzcut McMuffin with just egg or is there some sausage hiding in there? You guys always eat well, I'm impressed.

Breakfast
[image]

Good job on both incidents. It definitely reassures the participants.
Hope the other offer works out for you if that's even in the plan.

Camper Jeff and Kelli's Blog!
CITAP1 Jeff's YouTube Channel
A CLOSED MOUTH GATHERS NO FEET!

Buzzcut1

Norcal

View Profile

Posted: 03/11/14 07:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

1/2 of a sausage, split and grillled, scrambled egg with habanero sauce on an asiago bagle with light butter.

mike mck

phoenix

View Profile

Posted: 03/11/14 07:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Buzz
I always enjoy reading your posts. The food portion always helps. Going to try the Egg and sausage McBuzzin next weekend at the lake.
Thanks for sharing.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> So I was going to hang out in the TC most of the day
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.