RV.Net Open Roads Forum: RV Lifestyle: Sadly selling our TT this Saturday....

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Lifestyle

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Lifestyle

> Sadly selling our TT this Saturday....

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
magnusfide

On the Road Again and Again and Again...

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/14 07:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jim Shoe wrote:

Please continue to share your knowledge and experiences during this temporary down time. This forum is all about things to see and places to go as well as things one shouldn't do and places to avoid. I haven't hit the road for a couple of years, but I still have my RV. Life gets in the way sometimes, but its temporary. The itch to travel still exists and I intend to scratch it this summer.

Couldn't have said it better. We look forward to hearing about your bew travels!

First law of science: don't spit into the wind.
Bacon is the duct tape of the kitchen.
Magnus

Reader1

Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/14 08:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

magnusfide wrote:

Jim Shoe wrote:

Please continue to share your knowledge and experiences during this temporary down time. This forum is all about things to see and places to go as well as things one shouldn't do and places to avoid. I haven't hit the road for a couple of years, but I still have my RV. Life gets in the way sometimes, but its temporary. The itch to travel still exists and I intend to scratch it this summer.

Couldn't have said it better. We look forward to hearing about your bew travels!

X3 - We rarely traveled during MS/HS years. Now we travel more than ever. Enjoy this time with your family but please continue to help everyone here.

rockhillmanor

On the Road

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/14 08:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

Thanks for everything and I'll post up the next time we go camping.

Please don't stop posting to the forum.
You aren't going to lose all that you have learned RV'ing by simply selling the TT!

So stay and help others with what you know and have learned from camping! [emoticon]

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

Uppercrust

Wisconsin

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/04/14 09:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am glad we never had to make that decision when our children were in school. They would rather camp than do sports or anything else. Now they don't want to camp all the time with us, they are old enough to take care of themselves and stay home. Hopefully down the road you can get back into camping.

2012 F250 CC,FX4, Metallic blue/Silver
2012 Cruiser Patriot 345RF "> campers mom, dad
19 yr. old son
22 yr. old daughter
Diesel R.I.P.
Lady lab mix 16 R.I.P
Daisy beagle/collie
Misty shepard/husky
Camper's Have Smore Fun
14.5 Rallies
sleepovers 3

Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/04/14 02:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We made it through middle school but once high school hit it got tougher and tougher. We still held on the Endura until my son was in college but rarely used it. Just one word of advice-adapt. When you take a different style vacation don't dwell on "what might have been" if you still had the trailer. Embrace the new way of travel knowing that other than death and taxes, nothing in life is permanent.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be Douglas Adams

RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road.

campigloo

Baton Rouge, La

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/04/14 02:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I know the debt part will REALLY be good. It will take a lot of the pain out of letting it go. Don't forget an occasional rental for vacation or something. No need to leave the forum, you can still enjoy that. One really neat thing we found when the kids grew up and left, that I think you will enjoy too, is something called expendable income. IT'S GREAT!!! That's when you can really enjoy the RV, so just keep looking forward to it.

sh410

Northwest

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/14 02:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You would think that they both would get more out of camping with family than Xbox during the summer vacation.

Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/04/14 04:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You would think that they both would get more out of camping with family than Xbox during the summer vacation.

Apparently you have forgotten your teenage years. Their behavior is very normal as is mom and dad's reaction. Camping isn't for everyone, even within a family.

To the OP: Other than how crazy life can be with kids at that stage, have you asked why they don't want to camp? Maybe it's the places you go or the activities you do? Chances are they've hit the "it's just not cool" stage but with a little digging maybe you can find out why.

Stclairm

Fuquay-Varina, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/04/14 06:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No, it's not really like that. We just can't go often enough to justify paying for the truck and trailer anymore. Before last year, we averaged about 12 trips a year. My younger son loves fishing, so we tried to go to cg's with stocked ponds. He just doesn't ask "when are we going camping again?". Our older son is good with whatever we do, he's mildly autistic in a way that just makes him extremely passive. Hopefully we'll get a plan together to save for our next one instead of borrowing money and having to justify using it. I would imagine the feeling is different when you OWN it.
We'll be so much better off financially to take a car to the CG's (and get there much quicker) and stay in a cabin. 35mpg vs 10 is quite huge. I'll definitely keep posting here and try to stay somewhat active. Thanks for all the replies.

twins89

Western New York

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/14 08:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Do what you need to do. Stay in touch. If the itch is there, get a small, older pick up and a small, used TT and go out once in a while if the cabin thing isn't enough. After reading, I consider myself extremely grateful that my girls now 25 love to still come with us in their popup one with her husband and one with boyfriend. Buying the popup for them when they were in college was a great investment. They never feel like they are intruding, they can have their own site, own fire, own hours, own fun and go on their own if they want or come with us. It has been great to see the next generation enjoy what we enjoy. Perhaps and hopefully your boys will get to the point they miss going. I can't imagine not camping (or glamping as my friends say what we do is not camping.)

Western New Yorkers with a Westie
2000 F350 DRW 7.3 PSD crew cab
2010 Jayco Designer 37rlqs

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Lifestyle

> Sadly selling our TT this Saturday....
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Lifestyle

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.