RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: Wait, no. can't be. I forgot what?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Wait, no. can't be. I forgot what?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
Buzzcut1

Norcal

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/14 04:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well at least it wasn't my medical gear or uniform that I left at home.

This is the start of working every weekend as an EMT for a month in addition to my normal Monday through Friday job.

I changed the oil, oil filter and transmission cooler filter before the trip and checked all the other fluids and air pressures. Had more than enough food on board, laptop cell phones, chargers, wallet, generator and fuel what could go wrong.

Headed down the backroads to La Jolla Equestrian, I had not been there in two years.

[image]

[image]

[image]

I arrived about 3 hours before the first ride to get a prime spot for my rig to stay and me to have minimal carrying distance for my gear to set up the first aid station yet not have my generator annoy anyone.

[image]

[image]

my office

[image]

[image]

The competition arenas

Ring 1
[image]

Ring 2
[image]

warm up area
[image]

A quick dash back to the Lance to do some carbo loading

[image]

One of my friends, Helle warming up her horse Sir Donneroy.

[image]

Show time

[image]

[image]

The warm up got a bit crowded
[image]

With two rings running we got done around 4pm on Saturday. As I was getting ready to head for the camper the mother of one of the rider i know came up and said that their trailer broke loose of the hitch and was blocking the road about 100 yards from the entrance and wanted to know what to do I asked if the horse was still in the trailer, It was. She was on the cell with the truck so I said get the horse out now while traffic was stopped and get it back onto the property and into a stall where it was safe. 10 guys then lifted the trailer tongue, the jack snapped off when the trailer came off, back onto the ball and they got the road clear. I got another friend to load the horse in their trailer and take it to its home. That was my excitement for the day.

Ok my favorite time of day..start cooking time. I made this in 30 minutes using the oven for the Salmon , 15 minutes a side, a frying pan with boiling water covered with a splatter screen on which I placed the vegis I was going to steam and then covered it with another upside down frying pan

the result.
oohhhh man this was the best meal yet, that I have cooked in the Lance Camper. wild Atlantic Salmon baked with a Cajun rub and chopped garlic, steamed and buttered Asparagus tips, Kale salad, and a non Alcoholic Beer to wash it all down

the after taste made me want to eat more than I should in a diet busting manner.

[image]

After dinner I watched the clouds form on Mt Diablo

[image]

[image]

and the suns yellow glow to the west behind the windmill on the hill

[image]

Took a shower, surfed the net and got ready for bed thats when I saw it, how the heck could I have forgotten it when I changed the bedding?

[image]

No dang pillows

I tried the armrest cushions from the dinette. A brick is only slightly harder. I was going to just use a wadded up fleece jacket when in a flash of clarity I remembered that my wife keeps a foam neck pillow in the cab, Saved! not the best pillow but dummies cant be that picky

[image]

After a good nights sleep It was up at 6 and food time. Hey I like my food so sue me.
[image]

We ran from 7:40 am to 5:45 pm Sunday Saw a bunch of old friends, good crows in the spectating area, had no injuries and I got paid well. all in all a good weekend.

[image]

[image]

[image]

With little fanfare I hit the road for home

[image]

heading down the final grade to my home near the first set of hills across the valley

[image]

about a mile out

[image]

get to do it all over again next Friday in the Garlic Capital of the World, Gilroy California. Want to bet I do not forget the pillows this time?

2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 08 Lance 1055, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

naturist

Lynchburg, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/14/14 05:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well met, my friend, well met!

Glad to hear that the biggest need of your skills all weekend was the trailer coming off the hitch. And forgetting the pillows. I trust the therapeutic dope slap was administered in timely fashion, and that next weekend is as drama-free.

MCIbus

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/14 06:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

nice

2011 MCI D4500

BurbMan

Islip, Long Island

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/14/14 06:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Great write up and pics! Too bad about the pillows...nothing makes a day longer than a poor nights sleep!

2001 Suburban 2500LT 8.1L/4.10
2008 Terry TT
Hensley Arrow Hitch
Dill TPMS, CorrecTrack alignment, LT tires

Camper_Jeff_&_Kelli

Seattle

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/14 08:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Fun and interesting as usual. Glad you only forgot your pillows. I thought you were going to say your fishing gear. Then I would have felt for you.

Camper Jeff and Kelli's Blog!
CITAP1 Jeff's YouTube Channel
A CLOSED MOUTH GATHERS NO FEET!

Tiger4x4RV

Inland Empire, Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/14 10:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You don't keep pillows in the camper?

Great trip report and photos. It's nice to see all of the different places folks take their TCs.

2006 Tiger CX 4x4, 8.1 L gas V-8, Allison 6-speed

jimh425

Western MT

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/14 10:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We need more info about the trailer moving into the road. There's got to be more to the story, and we didn't even get to see a picture of it. Sounds like you need to buy at least one more pillow. [emoticon]

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 Dbl Slide, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Air Bags, Hankook DH-01 225/19.5 Fs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

gitpicker2009

texas

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/14 10:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Don't feel bad[emoticon] The first time I took my AF1150, after painstakingly going over everything I thought I'd need, I crawled into bed, looking forward to a nice night of sleep, only to realize I had no sheets. Oh, I had the comforter that came with the camper, on the bed, but no sheets. Let me tell you, that polyester is mighty scratchy[emoticon]

anthony

67avion

Carbondale, Illinois

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/14/14 10:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What a great write up...and such a great facility for equestrians. I, too, love the meals. But, I've had to cut out carbs and sugar. We do Salmon, but my specialty is Indian curries, along with Paneer Saag, and Dal Makhani. Our Indian food smells mix into the bar-b-que and charcoal cookery of the campsite producing a mouthwatering aroma.

You do good work. Look forward to your next report.

Buzzcut1

Norcal

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/14 11:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gitpicker2009 wrote:

Don't feel bad[emoticon] The first time I took my AF1150, after painstakingly going over everything I thought I'd need, I crawled into bed, looking forward to a nice night of sleep, only to realize I had no sheets. Oh, I had the comforter that came with the camper, on the bed, but no sheets. Let me tell you, that polyester is mighty scratchy[emoticon]

anthony

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Wait, no. can't be. I forgot what?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.