RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Outfitter's New Molded Fiberglass Body for the Apex 8 Camper

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Outfitter's New Molded Fiberglass Body for the Apex 8 Camper

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Porkchopexpress

Gulf Coast

View Profile

Posted: 01/05/21 04:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Has anyone seen the newer fiberglass Outfitter Apex? There is very little information on the internet on them which is surprising because it seems like such a good design.

Geewizard

WA

View Profile

Posted: 01/05/21 05:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Brian? Do you mean Brian Ward? I thought he'd sold Outfitter.

2004 Outfitter Apex 8
2014 Toyota Tundra Double Cab
300W solar, MPPT controller, LED lights
2 Fullriver 100AH AGM batteries
Compressor fridge
Wave 3 Heater
Air Lift WirelessAIR and air bags
Hankook Dynapro ATM 10-ply tires

joerg68

St. Ingbert, Germany

View Profile

Posted: 01/06/21 02:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

@Geewizard: note the thread dates from 2014.

2014 Ford F350 XLT 6.2 SCLB + 2017 Northstar Arrow

Geewizard

WA

View Profile

Posted: 01/06/21 06:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

joerg68 wrote:

@Geewizard: note the thread dates from 2014.

Oops! Thanks joerg.

Porkchopexpress

Gulf Coast

View Profile

Posted: 01/07/21 06:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I bumped it because I can't find anything on the newer design posted on any forums and no reviews.

joerg68

St. Ingbert, Germany

View Profile

Posted: 01/08/21 03:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

@Porkchopexpress: You say you live "West". Any chance for a trip to Colorado to visit Outfitter (and Hallmark, while you are close by anyway)? Well worth the visit, Rocky Mtn NP is close by.
I haven't heard or seen any of the new models either. We sold our 2011 Apex in 2015 for reasons unrelated to the camper and I have not followed the popup camper market closely since.

Porkchopexpress

Gulf Coast

View Profile

Posted: 01/08/21 04:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

joerg68 wrote:

@Porkchopexpress: You say you live "West". Any chance for a trip to Colorado to visit Outfitter (and Hallmark, while you are close by anyway)? Well worth the visit, Rocky Mtn NP is close by.
I haven't heard or seen any of the new models either. We sold our 2011 Apex in 2015 for reasons unrelated to the camper and I have not followed the popup camper market closely since.

My profile is out of date. I currently live in Florida and will be going to the Tampa RV show next week. I will look at the Northern Lite and anything else that interests me. I will probably fly out to Denver in a few weeks or so to see an Outfitter and maybe Hallmark, but the elevated wet bath in the Hallmark would probably be a problem for me. The 76" headroom might be a problem on the Northern Lite. On paper the Outfitter Apex seems like the best option but I definitely wouldn't commit to such a big purchase sight unseen.

COboondocker

United States

View Profile

Posted: 03/01/21 10:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Porkchopexpress wrote:

joerg68 wrote:

My profile is out of date. I currently live in Florida and will be going to the Tampa RV show next week. I will look at the Northern Lite and anything else that interests me. I will probably fly out to Denver in a few weeks or so to see an Outfitter and maybe Hallmark, but the elevated wet bath in the Hallmark would probably be a problem for me. The 76" headroom might be a problem on the Northern Lite. On paper the Outfitter Apex seems like the best option but I definitely wouldn't commit to such a big purchase sight unseen.

We have a Juno 10 that was either the first or second year after they started doing the molded fiberglass bodies. No complaints here. It's held up very nicely. Only thing I don't like is that the table is hard to store, too tall (even though I'm 6'2"), awkward positioning. Pretty sure they use Lagun tables now and I'm probably going to upgrade ours sometime.

burningman

Seattle, WA USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/21 06:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

“ >50 gal of water carrying capacity (44 gal fresh tank and 6 gal HWH) and 16 gal grey tank.”

That’s not a spec to brag about. This kind of crummy setup has long been one of my biggest peeves about campers.
A big water tank at the supply end, but tiny waste tanks... so unless you can dump it on the ground you can’t use all that water. Not even half of it.

2017 Northern Lite 10-2 EX CD SE
99 Ram 4x4 Dually Cummins
A whole lot more fuel, a whole lot more boost.
4.10 gears, Gear Vendors overdrive, exhaust brake
Built auto, triple disc, billet shafts.
Kelderman Air Ride, Helwig sway bar.

joerg68

St. Ingbert, Germany

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/21 07:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The setup of our current Northstar camper is similar. A lot of fesh water, small gray tank.

If/when you have a cassette toilet, you need to dump very frequently anyway.
And a place to dump is much easier to find than a source of fresh water.
We dump the (usually about half full) cassette daily as well as the gray water tank (using a bucket for the gray water). That way, we always have 2 day reserve. And a half full cassette weighs only half as much as a full one when you take it out. That way, we can stay parked in one location until the fresh water runs out (> 5 days), as long as we have a place to dump the cassette and bucket within walking distance.

Works for us, doesn't work for everyone.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Outfitter's New Molded Fiberglass Body for the Apex 8 Camper
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.