|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> All Roads Lead To Roam Part II, Roam Sweet Roam

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
clikrf8

PNW

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/19/14 02:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wazoo, boy I sure needed those photos and words to make me laugh. We were pulling Washington Pass on the way home after 3 weeks on the road on highway 20 over the North Cascades and we developed a radiator leak. Blow hose or stuck thermostat or whatever. My fingernails are bitten to the quick and my husband's right eardrum is shattered from my yelling in terror as he put the truck in neutral rounding the curves going through tunnels. Criminy, we finally got a signal here in Newhalem so we could call our mechanic. Just stop and fill your radiator when you need to and you can get in next Tuesday. Just 60 more miles of downhill then up back roads to get home. Found a campground to fill fresh water tank as we drained it filling the radiator. So, I needed a good laugh so now my panic attacks are manageable and my husband can drive without my anxiety. Thanks for that.

2008 Ford F250 SuperDuty 4x4 Off Road Pkg Diesel Ranch Hand Sport Ride Right airbags
2013 Hallmark Ute LX
Toller Mousse: Chocolate Standard Poodle cross
Blitzen: Black Standard Poodle
Photography Website
Photography Blog

RICKIM

The Ocean State

View Profile

Posted: 06/19/14 04:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

Beautiful pics! Thank you for taking the time to share them with us.

Rick

2018 AF1140 DB, 2.2KW Honda, 400 watts solar, Trimetric, Lifeline GPL-31XT's,
1KW inverter, rear deck, Turbo/Maxx fans
2019 5500 Ram Crew, DRW, 6.7L-CTD, EB, 19.5s, Custom TC bed, on board air, Bilsteins, Fast-guns, “The Velvet Locomotive”

GpnAZ

Phoenix

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/19/14 04:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Once again, WOW on TR #2, excellent photos and your usual great wit and writing style continues in Grand Whazoo style. Thanks for the chuckles and enjoyment you provide all of us.

2018' RAM 3500 Laramie CC, DRW, 4X4, Cummins w/ Aisin transmission
2019' Host Mammoth, 480 watts of solar
2017' Jeep JKU Rubicon
2011' Airstream Avenue
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gpnusa
www.flickr.com/photos/gpnaz
www.flickr.com/photos/his_cross

big whitey

raleigh,nc

View Profile

Posted: 06/19/14 06:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Great work Dave, we are so spoiled here as we have all come to expect nothing but perfection from you. Your TR prowess is surpassed only by your selflessness. You are truly a giving person of both your time and talent. Love the pics of the girls. Elaine says hi to you Lynn and the two cuties.

whazoo

Idahome

View Profile

Posted: 06/19/14 11:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hola Amigos e Amigas, Donde esta tu siete arriba? I'm not real sure but I think I just said "Where is your seven up?" What I meant to say was "Gracias por las respuestas de grandes!" Which of course means "thank you for the grand replies!"

Hi there Wayne, don't see you around these parts much anymore but I'm glad to know you're still here riding herd. I hope rv.net is treating you well and you don't need to sic the Reddog on anyone.

Hey Buzz, maybe I'm killing you softly but those that hills will be awaitin for ya. The fish too no doubt. You win the food fight dude, my cooking days are behind me, unless I get the dutch oven going again sometime. See ya Buzz.

Ok Ok Bryan, I did fail the donut category. Eating all those donuts makes it hard to keep my figure, so I've started just eating the holes lately. I'll be in touch shortly, not that I'm calling you Shortly.

Howdy Mr. Bob in Calif. Hey I don't know if I'm back or not. I don't know what I am except happy to hear from an old friend. Thanks Bob.

AKSuperDually, When I post a trip report, I can only hope to be entertaining. I'm glad you liked it.

Hey there pa traveler, I'll add that I hope you get to see some of those places as well. It was like traveling in a postcard.

Hello Brirene, I have to say what a wonderful person you are. My puns, well, what a wonderful person you are. Thanks a bunch.

Aha Mr. Mello, I knew if anybody here had been to Mt. Graham it would be you. Yeah, there aren't a ton of places up there to camp and that little lake way back there was overcrowded. I was lucky to have the Gobbler King camping there, it was a real kick. See ya around Mike.

moses195, Thanks for your time Dana, have a good weekend.

1mtnman, If you've done a bunch of hiking and camping in the southwest no doubt you've seen some of the same country. I was probably walking in your footsteps sometimes. Thank you.

WVbassmistress, You're welcome for the morning pick-me-up. Did I bring coffee? I hope I brought coffee. A big thank you too!

Howdy howdy Mr. Claryhill. I'm glad it's a beautiful day for you, it was pretty good here too. And yes the munchkins are developing personalities right now, it's so fun to watch. Hey it's a great day when I read your response, all the best to you.

Hey D! No, I'm thinking the HDR isn't my bag of tea. Maybe every so often but there are too many options on how far to take it. I don't have the eye for it like you might. I'll see ya D. Hi to Jane.

OK JumboJet and Buzz, stop talking about snakes that way. They're not supposed to be eaten. Go eat chicken, I hear it tastes like rattler anyway.

Hello Tiger, Oh yeah that place in New Mexico was special, at least that evening it was. The kind of evening you hate to see end. And eating cold food from the can? I always thought it tasted better that way. Cooking or heating is such a waste of time. Then you have to blow on the food to cool it off anyway, so we're ahead of the game aren't we? Thanks mucho Tiger, happy roaming.

Hi Kopack, Say I never know if I have a report worthy trip or not until I see pictures. This one was good from the start though, cowboy boots in a tree, full feathered turkeys, arches, rock animals and all. And it's a pleasure to me to read such a generous reply.

Hah, exhaustipated, I'm feeling like your handle from doing so many trip reports. I'll slow it down a bit but you know I appreciate your support and enthusiasm.

Hey Tim, iwon415, I hope your week in the forest was therapeutic a little while back. A forest trip would be nice right about now. With a river or lake. And personally Tim, I think you da man. Take care...

clikrf8, Hi Judy! 3 weeks traveling you say? So who's the real roamer here lol. Bummer about the radiator issue but at least it was at the end of the trip. And I bet your husband's ear is just fine. Us guys have ear wax don't you know, just for that reason. Huh?

Funny picture Rick, And thanks for your time to reply.

GpnAz, Hey Mark, I saw a guy that looks just like you this morning, he was darn near as nice too. Thanks Mark, talk to you later...

Big Whitey!! Hey Van, yeah boy, I'm the one that's spoiled here, and you've done it. Now I'll pass that on to grandbabies and they can be spoiled too. And a warm hello to Elaine, I'll hope summer treats you well, see ya later Van.

* This post was edited 06/20/14 09:38pm by whazoo *

Camper_Jeff_&_Kelli

Seattle

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/14 07:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Beautiful Dave. Except the last supper, brutal.

Camper Jeff and Kelli's Blog!
CITAP1 Jeff's YouTube Channel
A CLOSED MOUTH GATHERS NO FEET!

SRT

Head of the Lakes, MN

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/14 09:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Great pictures (if you like sand and rock [emoticon]). Millions of years went to making the rocks and then eroding them into shapes to enjoy. Wonder of wonders.....[emoticon]

whazoo

Idahome

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/14 09:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey Jeff, How's things? We bought a house in Phoenix right up your alley, a real fixer-upper. I'm trying to channel some inner-Jeff to come up with talents I don't have. And I wanted to reply to you last time but, I just can't seem to make myself sit at the computer by the time I finished this TR, major burn-out. Have a great summer Jeff, see you...

Hello SRT, those are wonders of wonders for sure and we never get tired of them. I do have a strong desire to bring my canoe to your backyard though, and hope to be able to do that sometime. I know it's a spectacular place as well.

silversand

Montreal

View Profile

Posted: 06/23/14 09:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Beautiful and extremely interesting expe! I've been reading through as time allows for 3 days...

Gotta love that snake-snap :-) I know someone who would really jump at the opportunity to see this :-0

I really like the mosaic placemat! You are back to BFG TA Ko tires? We're looking at the Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac (they are winter rated) as a replacement set in October...

Going back to finish reading your expe now...

Cheers,
S & D

Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

bigfootford

Fair Oaks, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/23/14 11:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just wow!

Jim

2000 2500 9.6 Bigfoot,94 F250, Vision 19.5, Mich 245/70XDS2's, Bilstein shocks, air bags/pump, EU2000, PD 9260,Lifeline 100ah, 200W. solar, Morningstar Sunsaver 15A/ display panel, Trimetric, Delorme/laptop, Holux gps rec,led lights, Wave-3 heat.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> All Roads Lead To Roam Part II, Roam Sweet Roam
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.