|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Dodge 440 Brougham 1978

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
YoungNomads

Centennial

View Profile

Posted: 11/18/14 02:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey everyone! My name is Kirkman. My wife and I just bought a 1978 Dodge Class C Brougham.. I've seen on a lot of forums that owners are having trouble finding manuals etc.. This thing came with ALL of it in wonderful shape. Anyway, I'd be happy to send off copies etc if anyone needs them! It is a 7.2 liter 440. I also have manuals for the shureflo water system/pump and duo therm 915 model and Wedgwood fridge. I have the original brougham user manual as well. I'm pretty stoked!

Happy trails!
-John and Kristin Kirkman

ScottG

Bothell Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 11/18/14 02:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Now all you need is some nice weather!
Enjoy your new rig.

Scott

Scott, Grace and Wesly
2003 Dodge 3500 4x4, 6 speed Cummins.
2018 Silver Fox 32A.
H0NDA eu2000i

gbopp

The Keystone State

View Profile

Posted: 11/18/14 03:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Congrats! Enjoy.

Pictures? [emoticon]

Golden_HVAC

Fulltime, CA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 11/18/14 08:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Enjoy the motorhome.

There is a chance that the distributor is not working at the correct level anymore. Stretched springs, leaking vacuum advance, and other things can prevent the RV from making the power that it should .

A place like "Clutches Unlimited" in Midway City CA can rebuild the distributor and make at least as much power as it made when new.

Check the rims. Probably do not have the R - for Radial rims with a circle around it (indicating that Radial tires are acceptable for this style rim! ) The first generation of radial rims had some problems, and could not use radial tires to their 'full rated' capacity listed on the rim. Later designs had more weight capacity, and have a circle around the R.

Good luck!

Fred.

aaroneousmagnus

Los Angeles

View Profile

Posted: 11/19/14 05:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello!

I myself purchased the same RV today! Mine, unfortunately, did not come with the manual. Any chance you could share with me? It would be a huge help, as the previous owner knew next to nothing about the vehicle and it is going to be a fixer upper!

bmoon1952

Vidor,Texas

View Profile

Posted: 11/19/14 06:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I hope you enjoy the Dodge Brougham as much as we did with our first motorhome. Ours was a 1977 Dodge Brougham 22'. Had a few issues with it on the road but nothing serious. I hope you have an Edelbrock carb on yours. After I installed the Edelbrock carb, it was rock solid reliable. Over the years, I installed the carb, then the Performer intake manifold and finally headers. It was probably the most over-powered 22' Class C on the road. We absolutely loved it. Drove it 5 years then bought a 1987 Minnie Winnie.

TrippNGypsy

Bend OR

View Profile

Posted: 04/23/15 11:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey there,
My lady and I just purchased a 78 dodge brougham that did not come with any manuals, think i could get a copy of the ones you have?
Thanks!
Anthony

CaliforniaBound

California

View Profile

Posted: 05/31/15 01:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello!

I hope you are enjoying your RV! My fiance and I recently purchased the exact same one and have been renovating it for several months. Is there any chance I could get a copy of any manuals you have? We haven't been able to find them anywhere. Thanks in advance!

corypio

Chino valley

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/16 03:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Has anyone heard from YoungNomads? I could really use these manuals!!!! I sent a private message but seeing as the original posting was from back in 14' I'm worried they won't respond.

Cbmamatiger

Parked

View Profile

Posted: 07/27/17 07:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My partner and I just purchased a 1978 Dodge Brougham RV without any manual or history. I would very much like it if I could receive a copy of the manual. Please email me at caroleburr63@gmail.com. Thank you

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Dodge 440 Brougham 1978
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS