|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Dodge 440 Brougham 1978

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Bordercollie

Garden Grove, CA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/29/17 08:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The current owners of old used RV's often don't have the original owners manual or manuals for the house box appliances. Owners manuals are usually generic and don't include detailed electrical schematics, servicing or troubleshooting info. Try to buy a Chilton's or other maintenance/service manual for the equivalent Dodge van, available from auto supply stores or online sources. There are helpful generic how to manuals for operation and maintenance of RV available from RV supply stores. Try to learn about servicing Dodge carbs, ballast resistors, the large electrical connector that goes through the firewall, fusible links, and other quirks. Look for the Dodge RV owners thread on this forum. You have a new hobby!!

Santeekaren

California

View Profile

Posted: 08/03/17 06:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

YoungNomads wrote:

Hey everyone! My name is Kirkman. My wife and I just bought a 1978 Dodge Class C Brougham.. I've seen on a lot of forums that owners are having trouble finding manuals etc.. This thing came with ALL of it in wonderful shape. Anyway, I'd be happy to send off copies etc if anyone needs them! It is a 7.2 liter 440. I also have manuals for the shureflo water system/pump and duo therm 915 model and Wedgwood fridge. I have the original brougham user manual as well. I'm pretty stoked!

Happy trails!
-John and Kristin Kirkman

I was hoping you could help me i bought a 1978 dodge sportsman brougham f40 motor and desperatky need a copy of manual please can you help me my number is 6197159002 santeekaren1904@gmail.com please oh please i cannot find this manual anywhere thank you for your time

LLROBERTS0131

Morrison Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 03/25/18 09:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning.

I recently purchased a 1978 Dodge Brougham with the 440, unfortunately, I have been unable to find much in the way of manuals. I would love to have any and all relevant information anyone may have available.

email: llroberts0131@gmail.com

ronfisherman

SE Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/26/18 02:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here is a thread on Dodge based motorhomes.
How many of us are there? Owners of Dodge based RV's?

2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
TST tire pressure monitor system
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad

Super C Group Forum

renegade traveler

Wyoming

View Profile

Posted: 11/20/19 03:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Does anyone have the manuals for a 1978 Dodge Brougham with a 440 engine that they can send me? My son just bought one and it doesn't have any of the manuals.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Dodge 440 Brougham 1978
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS