|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> tr: The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
anutami

Ramona

View Profile

Posted: 11/30/14 08:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Buzzcut1 wrote:

Such the view
[image]

Cool report, sorry no snow [emoticon] What a difference a year and a half makes! Here is June of 2013

[image]

The hike up the trail was shoulder to shoulder with about 10,000 other hikers on the trail! Crazy crowds!

Is that tent right by your camper for your dogs or another campsite only 4 feet away? Looks like all that freeway traffic had the same idea you had to head to yosemite!

2001 Ford F350 LB Diesel 4x4 CrewCab Stick
2015 Wolf Creek 850 Thermal Pane Windows, Oven, Reinforced Anchor Bolts, 200w Solar, Torklift Tie Downs, Fastguns, Stableloads

SheepCamp

SW Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 11/30/14 08:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the preview. Its on our list to visit now that we have the time.
Great pictures and story. Without a list I can't survive a trip.

01 F350 CC SRW 7.3 Diesel
05 Lance 845
96 Jeep Cherokee, Beaches of Baja
79 Jeep CJ7, Moab Rocks

Deb and Ed M

SW MI & Space Coast, FL USA

View Profile

Posted: 11/30/14 09:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Awesome photos, and thanks for letting me camp with you vicariously!! I can't wait to go places where our BIG RVs could never go!

Reddog1

El Dorado, CA

View Profile

Posted: 11/30/14 10:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

great photos, but I must have missed breakfast.

Wayne

Tiger4x4RV

Inland Empire, Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 11/30/14 10:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for sharing your trip.

2006 Tiger CX 4x4, 8.1 L gas V-8, Allison 6-speed

HMS Beagle

Napa, California

View Profile

Posted: 11/30/14 10:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Best time to go to Yosemite is mid January to mid March. In mid January, 2012, all campgrounds closed except one of the Pines, it had only 5 other campsites occupied. In mid March 2013, still only one campground open, about 1/2 full. By April you will need a reservation, true through Thanksgiving and often until after New Years day. In Jan-Feb it is best to go on a weekend (would never do that in the Summer!) because there is so little business many of the shops/restaurants are closed during the week.

Bigfoot 10.4E, 2015 F350 6.7L DRW 2WD, Autoflex Ultra Air Ride rear suspension, Hellwig Bigwig sway bars front and rear

exhaustipated

Topeka, Kansas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/30/14 10:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Very nice trip report complete with great photos and story. Thanks for taking us along on your adventure.

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4WD LT1 Ext Cab Z71 Long Bed Vortec 6.0L V8 SFI gas.
2012 Travel Lite 960RX
Torklift frame mounted tie downs with FastGun turnbuckles and a Lock and Load maximum security cargo tray.
Timbren SES
Curt front mount hitch receiver

billyray50

North Dallas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/30/14 11:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Great Trip report!! We got to get out there someday soon.

rexlion

Broken Arrow OK

View Profile

Posted: 11/30/14 01:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm not so sure you're all that antisocial. [emoticon] But yes, generators make it difficult to like other campers nearby.

Good for you on the hiking. You are still in decent shape. July 2013 I only made it halfway up the steps at Vernal, and the 54 year old legs said to me, "turn around now, you fool!"

Does that emergency VHF channel get monitored all the time? What's the range on your new radio? I am a bit surprised that you didn't get any cell signal in the valley (who's your carrier?), as I seem to recall getting a good AT&T signal from the Pines CGs at least.

I don't think I could stand the early a.m. fur-alarm-clock! Gotta love those dogs.

Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

Buzzcut1

Norcal

View Profile

Posted: 11/30/14 01:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rexlion wrote:

I'm not so sure you're all that antisocial. [emoticon] But yes, generators make it difficult to like other campers nearby.

Good for you on the hiking. You are still in decent shape. July 2013 I only made it halfway up the steps at Vernal, and the 54 year old legs said to me, "turn around now, you fool!"

Does that emergency VHF channel get monitored all the time? What's the range on your new radio? I am a bit surprised that you didn't get any cell signal in the valley (who's your carrier?), as I seem to recall getting a good AT&T signal from the Pines CGs at least.

I don't think I could stand the early a.m. fur-alarm-clock! Gotta love those dogs.

VHF, depends on terrain for range, Line of sight it will go quite far, deep canyons not so much. monitored yes.

Cell verizon and it was spotty. texts go right through. they Generators were not the big issue as they were all Honda's and fairly quiet. it was the drunks yelling as loud as they could around the campfires late at night that most ticked me off

2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 08 Lance 1055, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> tr: The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.