|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> What's the best "Diesel" rewards credit card to get

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
JNW57

SOGN, MN

View Profile

Posted: 12/08/14 08:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Check out the Sam's Club (Sam Walton, not Good Sam) credit card. I get 5% on diesel. Also read fine print that you can only redeem once a year. Must be a Sam's Club Member.

2003 DISCOVERY 39L QUAD SLIDE
2014 HONDA CRV EX-L FWD
BLUE OX ALADDIN, M&G AIR BRAKE, KAR GUARD

rgatijnet1

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/08/14 08:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

holstein13 wrote:

rgatijnet1 wrote:

The Pentagon Federal Credit Union still offers 5% cash back on all fuel purchases for ANY type of fuel at ANY station with their Platinum Cash Rewards Visa Card.
That is IN ADDITION to the normal discount that you get with the Good Sams membership card at Flying J and Pilot.
Unfortunately, I've never earned a wage from the US Government and I am not eligible.

Yep, a lot of people THINK that they are not eligible. You are. Just go to their website and they even tell you how to do it. There used to be a way that you could join one of various organizations with a ONE TIME small fee and then you are qualified to join PenFed. PenFed membership Choose OTHER.

sjholt

Henderson, NV

View Profile

Posted: 12/08/14 08:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

One of the newest thing about a Penn Fed 5% back card is you have to put money in a savings/CD account to get the 5%.
Y'all might call them about that..

Skip
1996 32' Monaco Windsor DP
Cummins 5.9L 230+ HP
5 Airbags in front- 4 in back

MinnCamper

Minnesota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/08/14 09:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Chase Ink- 5x the points and good on all STUFF.

linnemj

Eastern Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/08/14 10:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

holstein13 wrote:

rgatijnet1 wrote:

The Pentagon Federal Credit Union still offers 5% cash back on all fuel purchases for ANY type of fuel at ANY station with their Platinum Cash Rewards Visa Card.
That is IN ADDITION to the normal discount that you get with the Good Sams membership card at Flying J and Pilot.
Unfortunately, I've never earned a wage from the US Government and I am not eligible.

I joined the Pentagon Federal Credit Union a few years back and I had no government service. They asked for a donation for a Military Support Group instead. Pen Fed did change our reward program a year or so ago. To keep the 5% rebate on fuel purchases you had to have a checking account with a direct deposit. The rebate dropped to 2% (I think) if you did not do this. We use a lot of fuel so we did the checking account and I pay my credit card each month out of that. Works great. In addition Pen Fed has excellent customer service and a nice website.

Jim & Nicky
2012 Forest River XLR MBV 29
2010 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel
Motorcycles!

rgatijnet1

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/08/14 10:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

linnemj wrote:

holstein13 wrote:

rgatijnet1 wrote:

I joined the Pentagon Federal Credit Union a few years back and I had no government service. They asked for a donation for a Military Support Group instead. Pen Fed did change our reward program a year or so ago. To keep the 5% rebate on fuel purchases you had to have a checking account with a direct deposit. The rebate dropped to 2% (I think) if you did not do this. We use a lot of fuel so we did the checking account and I pay my credit card each month out of that. Works great. In addition Pen Fed has excellent customer service and a nice website.

Without a qualifying account, the fuel discount drops to 3%. A qualifying account can be a deposit in a Money Market Account, a loan, a line of credit, or as mentioned, a checking account with direct deposit.
The thing is that PenFed pays as high an interest rate as anyone else, and their credit card rates are as low as most others. With no limits on the amount of cash back on fuel purchases, as well as the discounts on other purchases, it is still the best value, even if you do have to meet a few minimal requirements.

crcr

US

View Profile

Posted: 12/08/14 11:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rgatijnet1 wrote:

I should add that there is NO limit to the amount of discount that you can earn. Some CC put a $1500 limit, etc, but not Penfed. You get the cash discount each month off of your monthly statement.

x2 ... that is the card we use for fueling up, gas or diesel. The 5% comes off each month's bill, so you don't pay it up front and wait to get it back. There are no other discounts / rebates / rewards on any other type of purchases with that card, so we use it for nothing but fuel.

For all other purchases, we use the Citi Double Cash Rewards MasterCard. You get 1% cash reward when you purchase, and another 1% when you pay the bill, for 2% cash back reward total.

crcr

US

View Profile

Posted: 12/08/14 12:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

holstein13 wrote:

rgatijnet1 wrote:

Not necessary. Neither have I. Anyone can get one. You put $25 in a savings account with them and you can then apply and get the credit card.

lanerd

Home in Ridgecrest CA for the winter.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/08/14 04:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rgatijnet1 wrote:

accsys wrote:

The only problem with the PenFed card is that fuel purchases must be charged "at the pump". That can be difficult at truck stops.

All you have to do is call PenFed and explain the situation at the pump.

Wait a minute. Are you guys telling me that to use the Penfed card at truck stops, you HAVE to call Penfed everytime???

Ron

Ron & Sandie
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH Cummins ISL 400hp
Toad: 2011 GMC Terrain SLT2
Tow Bar: Sterling AT
Toad Brakes: Unified by U.S. Gear
TPMS: Pressure Pro
Member of: GS, FMCA, Allegro

RETIRED!! How sweet it is....

rexlion

Broken Arrow OK

View Profile

Posted: 12/08/14 06:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Having all that diesel torque should be reward enough. [emoticon] Just kidding, I couldn't resist.

Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> What's the best "Diesel" rewards credit card to get
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.